• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

To be honest, Im hoping for a lot of 1 goal losses this year and to finally get the first selection next season.  Shane Wright appears to be a true 1C guy, which we need badly.  

https://www.lines.com/nhl/drafts/2022

I think u might be a little early on this one.

I will continue my thoughts on Lambert v. Wright in here so as not to clog up the Off-Season thread.

Right now one of the only pre-lim ranking I could find has Lambert at #5. Which honeslty, with the new rules, would be great if we landed 4 or 5, because then we'd still be eligible for a top 3 in the 2023 draft (Bedard.) Although honestly, IF we are that bad again this season, I really hope to be better by the 23 draft so as we don't get into that area of the draft. BUT, if we just happen to stink for the next couple of season's, then a 22 draft of Lambert at #5 and Bedard at #1 in 23 would be a nice consolation.

Here is the pre-lim Top 10:

...btw, ranked at #20 is a Center named Jack Hughes...no relation though, not even a cousin of the Hughes Bros. He did have 34 points in 38 games for the USDP last season though.

Edited by LeftWinger

58 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Has anybody got any info/feelings on Nemec!

I just started looking into these guys, but honestly, don't you think Yzerman has his D for the rebuild? Sure, you can never have enough and if this guy is top 2 material, then you have to look at him, but I am thinking this draft is going to be C, especially if we are top 5. But, that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I just started looking into these guys, but honestly, don't you think Yzerman has his D for the rebuild? Sure, you can never have enough and if this guy is top 2 material, then you have to look at him, but I am thinking this draft is going to be C, especially if we are top 5. But, that's just my opinion.

like where your heads at.  im just curious because i read this draft is loaded with forwards, so a Dman creeping up to the top makes me wonder.

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

It's gonna start to get weird fersure.

C: Raymond, Larkin, Veleno, Rasmussen

W: Vrana, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Zadina, Berggren, Soderblom

D: Hronek, Seider, Edvinsson, Johansson

G: Ned, Cossa

I think those are your young pieces you can bank on. Maybe Soderblom is a bit of a stretch, but I think he makes the NHL with his skill set and attributes. 

At C I think Ray is a real option there based on his 2way ability. I would love to take another that forces him back to wing though.

Wing looks deep but there's no one outstanding there unless u count Ray. And again I think he's destined to be a Zberg - wing to C - type player. We could use another high end winger.

The D has some amazing prospect pieces in Seider, Hronek and Edvinsson. But only one has actually graced an NHL roster so far. It definately behooves us to continue loading that position until those fruits actually ripen.

Goalie honestly looks set. I expect Yzerman to draft a later round Jan Bednar here or there, and sign some backups for Ned until Cossa is ready. I look forward to our Ned v Cossa flame wars. 

Conclusion: We could use just about any skater. If Yzerman has full faith in Seider and Edvinsson... then draft a center. We can always move guys to wing. But I think we're still a BPA team, at least for skaters. 

There may never be a Ned v Cossa flame war. It could be years before Cossa makes the roster and Ned could be gone by then.

I would really love for Raymond to be able to play center as it would fill that need without having to trade away a lot to acquire another top 6 C, but I don't think it happens.

Winger corp is not fantastic, but I dont recall the Habs being stacked there and they almost won a cup, whereas Toronto is stacked there and cant do $#!+.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I think those are your young pieces you can bank on. Maybe Soderblom is a bit of a stretch, but I think he makes the NHL with his skill set and attributes. 

At C I think Ray is a real option there based on his 2way ability. I would love to take another that forces him back to wing though.

Wing looks deep but there's no one outstanding there unless u count Ray. And again I think he's destined to be a Zberg - wing to C - type player. We could use another high end winger.

The D has some amazing prospect pieces in Seider, Hronek and Edvinsson. But only one has actually graced an NHL roster so far. It definately behooves us to continue loading that position until those fruits actually ripen.

Goalie honestly looks set. I expect Yzerman to draft a later round Jan Bednar here or there, and sign some backups for Ned until Cossa is ready. I look forward to our Ned v Cossa flame wars. 

Conclusion: We could use just about any skater. If Yzerman has full faith in Seider and Edvinsson... then draft a center. We can always move guys to wing. But I think we're still a BPA team, at least for skaters. 

Raymond isn't a center

2 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I just want u both to remember I called it. Raymond will play center in this league. U don't have to believe me today, that's fine. I'll be here when he does. 

...but will you have the same username? OH!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I think it would be awesome if he developed into a C. Anything to get us back to glory!

On 9/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, BarkBurgerman said:

On top of this, we have learned through Konstantinov, Hatcher, and Fischer that you can lose an important D piece in the blink of an eye.  If we take the best defenseman in the draft, I wont be unhappy.

So after 14 games, we are all in disbelief at the competitiveness turnaround of the Wings.  I was thinking we'd have a shot at Wright before the season began, but it doesnt look like we are a bottom 5 team as of now.  So that leads to this question - what ufa center(s) can the Wings actually acquire during the offseason?  Filip Forsberg looks to be the prime candidate imo.  

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So after 14 games, we are all in disbelief at the competitiveness turnaround of the Wings.  I was thinking we'd have a shot at Wright before the season began, but it doesnt look like we are a bottom 5 team as of now.  So that leads to this question - what ufa center(s) can the Wings actually acquire during the offseason?  Filip Forsberg looks to be the prime candidate imo.  

Its all Blashill's fault.

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I know he's listed as a center on most UFA lists, but Forsberg hasn't played center at all during his NHL career. I don't think I'd target any UFA centers. All the good ones are 27-29 years old and going to get massive paydays right before they start to fall off a cliff. I'd be looking for under utilized guys on other teams that are deep at center. I've mentioned Jack Roslovic elsewhere as one option, but I'd be looking for guys like that. Maybe Clayton Keller? Casey Mittelstadt?

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I know he's listed as a center on most UFA lists, but Forsberg hasn't played center at all during his NHL career. I don't think I'd target any UFA centers. All the good ones are 27-29 years old and going to get massive paydays right before they start to fall off a cliff. I'd be looking for under utilized guys on other teams that are deep at center. I've mentioned Jack Roslovic elsewhere as one option, but I'd be looking for guys like that. Maybe Clayton Keller? Casey Mittelstadt?

You dont think we need an impact player?  Forsberg fills another hole for us if he plays RW.  We need a 2nd line RW, as well.

Vrana - ? - Raymond

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg

Zadina - Namestnikov - Veleno

Fabbri-Rasmussen-Soderblom

Seider - Leddy

Hronek - Edvinsson

Lindstrom - Osterle

One piece away from a damn good team.

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You dont think we need an impact player?  Forsberg fills another hole for us if he plays RW.  We need a 2nd line RW, as well.

Vrana - ? - Raymond

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg

Zadina - Namestnikov - Veleno

Fabbri-Rasmussen-Soderblom

Seider - Leddy

Hronek - Edvinsson

Lindstrom - Osterle

One piece away from a damn good team.

Not really, I think Vrana is just as good as Forsberg (and I like Forsberg). For the rest of this season I'd do something like:

Bert-Larkin-Raymond

Veleno-Roslovic-Vrana

Fabbri-Suter-Zadina

Erne-Ras-Namestnikov

That team would have plenty enough offense. Especially considering the strength of the team would be on defense and in goal. I think you can safely pencil Edvinsson in to the top four, but as excited as I am about guys like Soderblom/Johansson/Cossa/etc. I think its a bit too early to tell how soon (and in what roles) they'll make the team.

Edited by kipwinger

13 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Roslovic is RFA after this season. How do we get him?

You'd have to trade for any of the guys I mentioned, but right now Roslovic is playing on Columbus' 3rd line. Seems like a guy that could be had. I think a reasonable start would be a good defensive prospect and a 2nd round pick gets the conversation started. My preference would be McIsaac.