• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

Lambert is interesting, some people seem really high on him and others not so much. Some people think he's really skilled, some just think he's really fast.

But by all accounts he plays like a softie, so I don't think he's really an Yzerman type pick.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Lambert is interesting, some people seem really high on him and others not so much. Some people think he's really skilled, some just think he's really fast.

But by all accounts he plays like a softie, so I don't think he's really an Yzerman type pick.

i like fast

Signing Lindholm is stupid. First, he's not that good. By most metrics he's a roughly as good as Filip Hronek, but scores less. Second, signing him in FA means you're paying a premium for a marginal talent. Third, you'd have to offer him term to get him to come to a worse team than the one he's on. So you'd be overpaying LONG TERM for a marginal player, Fourth, you've got about 85 LHD coming in the next few years. Better to see see what you've got in your cost controlled players first before free agent shopping to fill holes.

Most people that want Lindholm just want to see a big UFA signing. However, there are quite a few free agents that can give you similar results as Lindholm at a fraction of the price (i.e. Erik Gustafsson from the Blackhawks).

The more you know.

If McIsaac and Edvinsson make the roster next season, that only leaves one spot on D with Seider, Hronek, Lindstrom and Oesterle returning. I would rather see a Leddy/Staal type signing/trade than a big FA contract. 

If Edvinsson turns into another top pair D, you only need one of the other many LH D prospects to develop into a 2nd pair D (pretty likely based on reports).

I just dont see a need for a Lindholm type signing. If SY is going to fork out that kind of deal, it should only be on a 1C/2C.

Im not too fond of the idea of putting an all u25 d-corps out there. Lindholm fits very good age wise and paying a bit extra shouldn’t be a problem either in the coming years. Yes, we got loads of potenial LHD coming in soon but we got absolutely no one right now. Is Lindholm even considered an offensive defenseman? Asking bc comparisons to Hronek and Gustafsson  

Has McIsaac been good(and healthy) enough this season to warrant talks of him being a NHL regular next season?

Edited by Akakabuto

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Im not too fond of the idea of putting an all u25 d-corps out there. Lindholm fits very good age wise and paying a bit extra shouldn’t be a problem either in the coming years.

Has McIsaac been good(and healthy) enough this season to warrant talks of him being a NHL regular next season?

McIsaac is the best defender in GR and is improving every game (considering he missed basically two full years of development). But I'm not even advocating throwing an all U25 defense out next season. Sign someone like Gustafsson or Brett Kulak (or both) to a 3 year deal at half the price as Lindholm. You'll get similar results (or better defensive results), have a veteran presence in the lineup if the young guys aren't ready, and they won't be an albatross in a few years if more young LHD (aside from Edvinsson) are ready. Something like:

Kulak-Seider

Gustafsson-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

McIsaac is the best defender in GR and is improving every game (considering he missed basically two full years of development). But I'm not even advocating throwing an all U25 defense out next season. Sign someone like Gustafsson or Brett Kulak (or both) to a 3 year deal at half the price as Lindholm. You'll get similar results (or better defensive results), have a veteran presence in the lineup if the young guys aren't ready, and they won't be an albatross in a few years if more young LHD (aside from Edvinsson) are ready. Something like:

Kulak-Seider

Gustafsson-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

I have to check up on Gustafsson when not on my phone. My perception of him was that he is sub par defensively. 

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

I have to check up on Gustafsson when not on my phone. My perception of him was that he is sub par defensively. 

He's a possession defenseman, kinda like Troy Stetcher but scores a little more.

This also precludes the possibility of a trade for a better, cost controlled, defenseman. Something that is likely to happen given that the cap hasn't gone up and teams will need to sign their FAs. Either way, Lindholm just doesn't make a ton of sense.

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I was advocating for Gustafsson last year a bit until we signed my other boy the OOOOOOOOST

My impression is he would be like another Eric Gelinas for Seider. Sucks defensively but can run a powerplay. If that's what we think we need then that's a good low cost option.

I'm not interested in Lindholm at all for all the reasons stated. Unfortunately there are not a lot of sexy options for LHD this year. I do think it would be smart to put up a little more money on fair term this year and get someone better than Gustafsson. And that man is named Nikita Zadorov.

Imagine Zadorov paired with Seider. Now go change your underwear.

We can probably have him for like 4-4.5 mil for 3-4 years.

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Im not too fond of the idea of putting an all u25 d-corps out there. 

Normally I would agree. But remember that Hronek will be going into his 5th season next year. At 25, he is already a vet. Seider already plays like a vet. Lindstrom is young, but doesnt seem to be prone to rookie mistakes. Oesterle will be 30. And I will assume another Leddy or Staal type vet will be brought in too. 

I was more concerned when our vets were DeKeyser and Ericsson, lol.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Ryan Murray. Former #2 overall. LH 2way defenseman. Coming off a 1 year 2.0 mil deal. 28 y o. His stats don't wow you, but seems like a solid pickup for the top 4. Thoughts?

Constantly hurt. Recall reading an article a year or so ago about how he'll never play at 100% again because of the seriousness of his back injuries. And that was before this year (he's already missed about 20 games this season).