• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

On 4/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, town123 said:

Hellburg for backup competition next year? 

Does he see any action this year?

Probably a game or two, Greiss is trash so he can't be any worse.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, redw1ngs said:

Larkin: $7.1m x 8

Bertuzzi: not extended

Zadina: $2m x 2

Stephens: 1.2m x 2

Gagner: 1m x 1

Staal: $1.8m x 1

Walman: 1.5m x 1

You're not getting Larkin for anything less then $8.0m x 8 he's not signing that low ball deal. Zadina is paid too much by $1.0m the rest look about right. I think Yzerman gets a deal done with Bertuzzi as well.

16 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Probably a game or two, Greiss is trash so he can't be any worse.

You're not getting Larkin for anything less then $8.0m x 8 he's not signing that low ball deal. Zadina is paid too much by $1.0m the rest look about right. I think Yzerman gets a deal done with Bertuzzi as well.

Larkin 9x8

Bertuzzi 6x8

Zadina 2x4

Walman 2x2

In no world has Zadina earned $2M or a 4 year contract. Holland is overpaying players for another team now. $1M X 2 at the very most! Only Larkin should get the max 8 yr deal and I can see that touching $10M maybe. A PPG is huge in today's league. Maybe he'll give a homer discount, but if not, he's worth the term and money. 

42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

In no world has Zadina earned $2M or a 4 year contract. Holland is overpaying players for another team now. $1M X 2 at the very most! Only Larkin should get the max 8 yr deal and I can see that touching $10M maybe. A PPG is huge in today's league. Maybe he'll give a homer discount, but if not, he's worth the term and money. 

You might be right that Zadina hasnt earned $2m but he has def earned over $1m. It likely falls somewhere in the middle on a 1/2yr contract.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That is market value. No way he gets less than 2. 

28 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Imo opinion it will be some where around $2m. I could see Yzerman working his magic getting him as low as $1.7m which would be fantastic.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He is tied with Rasmussen in points and is less important and has less impact to the team. Ras is at $1.4M. Qualify him and if he asks for more than $1.5M go to arbitration. $2M is an insult to players making less that are better. If he gets $2M+, he better start filling the nets more than 10 times. I guess we'll see and we'll see if a new coach turns him around. I'm pulling for him since we passed on Hughes and Bouchard for him.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

He is tied with Rasmussen in points and is less important and has less impact to the team. Ras is at $1.4M. Qualify him and if he asks for more than $1.5M go to arbitration. $2M is an insult to players making less that are better. If he gets $2M+, he better start filling the nets more than 10 times. I guess we'll see and we'll see if a new coach turns him around. I'm pulling for him since we passed on Hughes and Bouchard for him.

Offer 1M go as high as 1.25, other than that his ass can go to arb or sit on the sidelines.

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ive said it before - when we have 12 guys who are better, go ahead and complain.  Right now, there are only 6.

This is such a lazy take... and it's more than 6. 

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ive said it before - when we have 12 guys who are better, go ahead and complain.  Right now, there are only 6.

Ya I dont think anybody would dispute that Zadina hasnt produced enough this season but there are another 8-10 players on this team that also havent been close to good enough. Every fan base needs a whipping boy tho I get it but for whatever reason Zadina has become that for most Wings fans. Still only 22yo tho look at the progression Rasmusen made from his d+4-d+5 season. Lets see if Zadina can make a similar jump after this season especially if we get rid of Trashill.

We only need 9 better forwards to bump Zadina. He is not suited for fourth-line play. Let's be realistic here.

Larkin

Raymond

Bertuzzi

Vrana

Suter

Fabbri

Veleno

Sundqvist

Rasmussen 

I'd also take Gagner, Enre, Smith, Stephens as fourth liners any day over Zadina.

That is 9 guys who bring more to the table than Zadina. This doesn't even factor in prospects who make the team or scoring depth signed in UFA (no, it won't be Forsberg). 

Zadina has no place on this roster beyond this season. Even if Bert got traded this summer, I'd be ready to see him gone. 

Swap him for another young player who hasn't hit their potential and hope for the change of scenery thing or package him in a trade for a need. Let's offload this kid before he becomes the next Perlini. 

Edited by marcaractac

21 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

We only need 9 better forwards to bump Zadina. He is not suited for fourth-line play. Let's be realistic here.

Larkin

Raymond

Bertuzzi

Vrana

Suter

Fabbri

Veleno

Sundqvist

Rasmussen 

I'd also take Gagner, Enre, Smith, Stephens as fourth liners any day over Zadina.

That is 9 guys who bring more to the table than Zadina. This doesn't even factor in prospects who make the team or scoring depth signed in UFA (no, it won't be Forsberg). 

Zadina has no place on this roster beyond this season. Even if Bert got traded this summer, I'd be ready to see him gone. 

Swap him for another young player who hasn't hit their potential and hope for the change of scenery thing or package him in a trade for a need. Let's offload this kid before he becomes the next Perlini. 

Lol Gagner Erne Smith Stephens are all fillers. none are better then Zadina 2-3 years from now which is what this team should be looking at. Sundvist has no place on this roster beyond this season. Trash player. Zadina is a top9w on this team has played like a top9w on this team and will be a top9w on this team in 2-3yrs from now.

6 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Lol Gagner Erne Smith Stephens are all fillers. none are better then Zadina 2-3 years from now which is what this team should be looking at. Sundvist has no place on this roster beyond this season. Trash player. Zadina is a top9w on this team has played like a top9w on this team and will be a top9w on this team in 2-3yrs from now.

Gange outscored Zadina while in the bottom 6 all season long, whereas Zadina got plenty of opportunity in the top 6 and did jack s*** with it. Sundqvist pretty much scores as much as Zadina does and can kill penalties. 

Stephens is a good 4th-line center. Don't get the hate there. Smith and Erne add the type of style a fourth line needs. Zadina is too scared to battle for a puck in the corners. 

Not to mention there are countless players in UFA every summer that can be had for cheap that can out-produce what Zadina has done this season. 

If he showed progression I'd be all for seeing him stick around. But he hasn't. Try ignoring his draft position for 5 minutes and maybe you too will realize he sucks. 

14 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Gange outscored Zadina while in the bottom 6 all season long, whereas Zadina got plenty of opportunity in the top 6 and did jack s*** with it. Sundqvist pretty much scores as much as Zadina does and can kill penalties. 

Stephens is a good 4th-line center. Don't get the hate there. Smith and Erne add the type of style a fourth line needs. Zadina is too scared to battle for a puck in the corners. 

Not to mention there are countless players in UFA every summer that can be had for cheap that can out-produce what Zadina has done this season. 

If he showed progression I'd be all for seeing him stick around. But he hasn't. Try ignoring his draft position for 5 minutes and maybe you too will realize he sucks. 

You said Zadina isnt suitable for the 4th line. I agree. So you think Gagner will be on the team producing at the same level in 2-3yrs? no. Sundqvist is a far worse skater then Holmstrom and Samuelsson combined. Sundqvist sucks.

Ive seen the bs about Zadinas draft position a number times. The ironic thing is that his draft position is exactly why all the haters are so eager to give up on the kid.

Zadina is 22yrs old cost controlled playing like a 3w and will get paid like a 3w. Why dip into free agency to replace what you already have for an older player and for more money?

Z is having a rough season. No argument here. give him another season under another coach and see what he can do. The tools are there see if he can put it all together. Why the haste to get rid of him?

7 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

You said Zadina isnt suitable for the 4th line. I agree. So you think Gagner will be on the team producing at the same level in 2-3yrs? no. Sundqvist is a far worse skater then Holmstrom and Samuelsson combined. Sundqvist sucks.

Ive seen the bs about Zadinas draft position a number times. The ironic thing is that his draft position is exactly why all the haters are so eager to give up on the kid.

Zadina is 22yrs old cost controlled playing like a 3w and will get paid like a 3w. Why dip into free agency to replace what you already have for an older player and for more money?

Z is having a rough season. No argument here. give him another season under another coach and see what he can do. The tools are there see if he can put it all together. Why the haste to get rid of him?

Because he is a soft, one-dimensional winger who doesn't produce and has shown zero growth in his game.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not really the same. Ras will make just under 1.5 next season and 1.9 the following season. Ras only had a shortened NHL season played after being demoted to GR for a year following his first NHL season. He had less to negotiate with.

Zadina made the NHL full time at a younger age, and has played more. He has a full 21-22 season, a shortened 20-21 season, and a half season in 19-20 to his resume. His deal will most likely be 2-3 years. He may get less than 2 mil the first year, but not after that considering he has contributed more at the NHL level than Ras had when he signed his deal.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

cant wait to see Zadina go 1.75, 2, 2, 2.25 for 4 years and listen to Marc fantasy complain about it killing our fantasy cap room.  Meanwhile, he had himself fantasy negotiating an 8 year extension for league minimum with him because he thought he could fantasy lowball him and didnt understand restricted free agent dealings.