• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am speaking to why Ras got what he did at the time of his contract and why Zadina and Ras's situations are different. I am comparing 21/22 Zadina's contract situation to Ras's 20/21 contract situation. You are the one comparing 21/22 Zadina and 21/22 Ras, which is a completely different comparable.

I'm not sure I care.

Rasmussen is a more valuable NHLer then and now. I fail to see how Zadina has earned more.

Marco Kasper, a guy I'm pretty high on, has 2 assists for Rogle in their SHL playoff game today against Farjestad. That brings him up to 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 10 playoff games. Keep an eye on this guy, depending on how the lottery shakes out I think he's a guy who would very much be on Yzerman's radar.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Copp - Trocheck - Forsberg

:blind:

I would love to spend money on players like that.  And that's the kind of thing that would make me want to push Zadina down the line up and into oblivion eventually.  The kind of thing that makes me want to hang onto Zadina and spend more time on his development is when someone recommends that we keep our 32 million of caps space open and not sign any good players because we are going to need to resign 4 good players in the next 7 seasons.  Then I sit there and look at our prospect pool and check to see if any of them would be more suited to play top nine minutes than Zadina.  The answer is obviously no.  So we're right back to where we started.  Why are we whipping Zadina?  That makes no sense.  Whip the GM if he's not giving you the caliber of players the team needs.  Or whip the coach if you think he's not playing the players the right amount of time or in a role suited to fit his strengths.  But whipping a 22 year old guy who's doing his best to change his game 180 degrees than what he's accustomed to because he hasn't done it in 2 seasons is RIDICULOUS.  Especially when there's not a better alternative available.

Edited by Scott R Lucidi

3 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I would love to spend money on players like that.  And that's the kind of thing that would make me want to push Zadina down the line up and into oblivion eventually.  The kind of thing that makes me want to hang onto Zadina and spend more time on his development is when someone recommends that we keep our 32 million of caps space open and not sign any good players because we are going to need to resign 4 good players in the next 7 seasons.  Then I sit there and look at our prospect pool and check to see if any of them would be more suited to play top nine minutes than Zadina.  The answer is obviously no.  So we're right back to where we started.  Why are we whipping Zadina?  That makes no sense.  Whip the GM if he's not giving you the caliber of players the team needs.  Or whip the coach if you think he's not playing the players the right amount of time or in a role suited to fit his strengths.  But whipping a 22 year old guy who's doing his best to change his game 180 degrees than what he's accustomed to because he hasn't done it in 2 seasons is RIDICULOUS.  Especially when there's not a better alternative available.

Zadina sucks bro

26 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Zadina sucks bro

That may be.  But the FACT remains that we only have 4-7 forwards in the organization tjat suck less.  So are we just whipping for something to do.  Cuz I can get behind it if we are just practice whipping and using Zadina as the whipee.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Marco Kasper, a guy I'm pretty high on, has 2 assists for Rogle in their SHL playoff game today against Farjestad. That brings him up to 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 10 playoff games. Keep an eye on this guy, depending on how the lottery shakes out I think he's a guy who would very much be on Yzerman's radar.

Lidstrom talking about Marco Kasper in the tweet below. Sounds a lot like an Yzerman pick to me.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:44 AM, kipwinger said:

All of my feelings about Zadina aside, wouldn't that just be a sign (by both parties) that they'd given up on him ever being much better. Like, I don't know that I want a 6OA pick with (supposedly) loads of talent taking a contract which basically screams "I'm not willing to bet on myself". F*ck that.

Not to mention the fact that giving a guy who does nothing 3 million per year completely screws up your salary structure. If you have Zadina doing nothing for 3 million then what do you pay for guys like Gagner next time you sign one?

Frankly, whether or not the team keeps him (there are arguments both ways) they need to stop emphasizing "getting Zadina going". Guys like Ras, Namestnikov, Gagner, Veleno, etc. would kill for half the opportunity Zadina was given this year in an effort to "get him going". The only difference is that they earned it and he didn't. You think Gagner (going into UFA status) wouldn't have appreciated loads of powerplay time and a spot riding shotgun with Larkin, Bert, Raymond, or Vrana? And is there any doubt he'd have performed better than Zadina in those roles?

Zadina's been gifted enough. We're going on three straight seasons of him not doing jack sh*t. Let him earn his next contract or trade him.

This aged like fine wine. Zadina is a last minute scratch and given the same offensive opportunities and line mates as Zadina it took Sam Gagner less than 5 minutes to score.  Atta boy me. 

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This aged like fine wine. Zadina is a last minute scratch and given the same offensive opportunities and line mates as Zadina it took Sam Gagner less than 5 minutes to score.  Atta boy me. 

No no no those are mine and @mackels fruits

If Ottawa and San Jose both win tonight, it would be a perfect day for our lottery odds.  We would be four points back of San Jose for 10th best odds, three back of Buffalo for 9th, and Ottawa would only be one point back.

11 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

If Ottawa and San Jose both win tonight, it would be a perfect day for our lottery odds.  We would be four points back of San Jose for 10th best odds, three back of Buffalo for 9th, and Ottawa would only be one point back.

Unlikely tho still possible Chicago/New Jersey could pass us in the standings. We have to lose our remaining 3 games in regulation and both teams would have to win there remaining 4 games. NJ have to 3 of 4 ROW. Chicago win in OT tonight would be nice.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Wings are 0-4 without Zadina in the lineup this year.

Will be 0-8 by the end of next week.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Unlikely tho still possible Chicago/New Jersey could pass us in the standings. We have to lose our remaining 3 games in regulation and both teams would have to win there remaining 4 games. NJ have to 3 of 4 ROW. Chicago win in OT tonight would be nice.

Both Chicago and New jersey would need to win out for that to happen, And those odds are pretty nil.

5 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Both Chicago and New jersey would need to win out for that to happen, And those odds are pretty nil.

Yes exactly what I said above.

CHI are already done after losing to SJ tonight.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Rust

Vrana - Copp - Raymond

Palat - Suter - Rasmussen

Erne - Stephens - Sundqvist

IR: Fabbri

To DET: Chychrun

To ARI: Veleno + Zadina + Oesterle + 2022 1st (unprotected)

Chychrun - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Zadorov - Lindstrom

We can afford this.

Top line = all point per game

2nd line = size speed and skill

3rd line = Disgustingly good scoring line. Fabbri replaces Ras/Suter upon return.

4th line = finally league average

1st pairing = Chychrun + Seider are the new Niedermayer/Pronger or Lidstrom/Rafalski.

2nd pairing = Ed + Hronek are Stuart/Kronwall with way more potential.

3rd pairing = shutdown pairing. 

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/04/20/detroit-red-wings-insider-questions-allen-duff/

The inside from Allen and Duff is that SY is ready to make major changes. And that he's heavily eyeing two names: Trocheck and Forsberg. 

Seems to be that the Rags will release Strome in order to re-sign Copp.