• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

As speculated, SY also wants a legit top4 LHD who can mentor Seider and Eddog. 

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg

Vrana - Trocheck - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist

UFA - Seider

Eddog - Hronek

Oesterle - Lindstrom 

On 4/27/2022 at 5:18 PM, bIueadams said:

As speculated, SY also wants a legit top4 LHD who can mentor Seider and Eddog. 

Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

UFA - Seider

Eddog - Hronek

Oesterle - Lindstrom 

Let's merge in our idea of Bertuzzi and Hronek for Chychrun.

If we cannot get the lottory luck and land Wright, I would love to see some luck and move to 4 or 5 and draft Savoie. If we stay around 8-10 I can really see Yzerman drafting Lambert. But what about Geekie? Obviously Savoie is the top C out there, with 90pts in 65 games, but Geekie has 70pts in 63 games on the same team. Who would you take, Geekie or Lambert at 8-10? I would go with Geekie personally. Sure, he's not Wright or Savoie, but I think he is a legit 2C.

Larkin

Geekie

Veleno

Rasmussen

...not too bad of a C core moving forward. Obviously if we don't win the lottery this year (top 3) we'll probably still have a chance to win it next year and that could very well move somebody to the Wing if we can land Bedard. What do you think of  a top three looking like:

Larkin - Bedard - Raymond

...anyhow that's next draft...

Here is McKenzie's top 16. Of all the insiders, I trust this guy the most when ranking the draft.

Edited by LeftWinger

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If we cannot get the lottory luck and land Wright, I would love to see some luck and move to 4 or 5 and draft Savoie. If we stay around 8-10 I can really see Yzerman drafting Lambert. But what about Geekie? Obviously Savoie is the top C out there, with 90pts in 65 games, but Geekie has 70pts in 63 games on the same team. Who would you take, Geekie or Lambert at 8-10? I would go with Geekie personally. Sure, he's not Wright or Savoie, but I think he is a legit 2C.

Larkin

Geekie

Veleno

Rasmussen

...not too bad of a C core moving forward. Obviously if we don't win the lottery this year (top 3) we'll probably still have a chance to win it next year and that could very well move somebody to the Wing if we can land Bedard. What do you think of  a top three looking like:

Here is McKenzie's top 16. Of all the insiders, I trust this guy the most when ranking the draft.

image.png.c25a394e9a8e550c4f1698d8a3b7653f.png

I wouldnt be unhappy if we draft Jiricek or Nemec.

Also, we have to remember that we are far below the cap floor, so there will need to be some big cash handed out this off season in order to even ice a legal team. Especially if Bertuzzi and/or Hronek is dealt. If we dealt those two, we'd lose $9.1M more, that would make us about $25M under the floor.  If we acquired Chychrun, that would bring us closer to $20M under the floor, he is at $4.4M. What would you say to Yzerman offering big bucks to Malkin and Letang for 1 year to help absorb some of that deficit? AND help mentor to kids on D and up front? 

I re-signed Gagner and Staal for the same reason. Waived Smith, brought up Berggren. Re-sign Walman, Mitchell and Zadina. I just gave Malkin and Letang their current salaries because we'll have to overpay to get them to come here, plus to get us above the floor. I gave them both 2 years as well, so they could either be flipped at the TDL with a year left or the next TDL. (Not having to re-sign Bertuzzi allows us to keep them on for more than 1 year.) Lines are not in stone obviously, but this would make us pretty competitive, possibly still give us a shot at a lottery pick too. But really, with a full year of Vrana and hopefully Zadina coming to age with a new coach, who knows where we may end up. This all being said, unless they are looking to make some cash to end their career's, I am not sure Malkin or Letang would sign here, unless there's that "I'll flip you to a contender if possible" agreement. Now unless Edvisson comes in and outshines nearly everyone, I left him in GR for the season. Remember, even Seider spent a season in GR.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I wouldnt be unhappy if we draft Jiricek or Nemec.

I hear you, but I feel this season he'll go with a C/W type player to fill a need up front.

Edited by LeftWinger

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Larkin

Geekie

Veleno

Rasmussen

image.png.c25a394e9a8e550c4f1698d8a3b7653f.png

>from the draft simulator thread

You can increase or decrease randomness, and increase or decrease teams drafting by need or BPA.

If we pick at #9 - in all the different simulations I've done - it's usually Nazar, Gauthier, and Lekkerimaki that are fersure always available to us. Brad Lambert also falls inside the top9 quite often. Geekie seems to fall about 50% of the time. Occasionally I've seen Jiricek and Nemec fall.

The guys I've never seen fall = Cooley and Savoie. They seem to always go top5.

I think we should be aiming for Geekie, but if he's not there taking one of Nazar/Lambert/Gauthier/Lekkerimaki.

Edited by bIueadams

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Also, we have to remember that we are far below the cap floor, so there will need to be some big cash handed out this off season in order to even ice a legal team. Especially if Bertuzzi and/or Hronek is dealt. If we dealt those two, we'd lose $9.1M more, that would make us about $25M under the floor.  If we acquired Chychrun, that would bring us closer to $20M under the floor, he is at $4.4M. What would you say to Yzerman offering big bucks to Malkin and Letang for 1 year to help absorb some of that deficit? AND help mentor to kids on D and up front? 

I re-signed Gagner and Staal for the same reason. Waived Smith, brought up Berggren. Re-sign Walman, Mitchell and Zadina. I just gave Malkin and Letang their current salaries because we'll have to overpay to get them to come here, plus to get us above the floor. I gave them both 2 years as well, so they could either be flipped at the TDL with a year left or the next TDL. (Not having to re-sign Bertuzzi allows us to keep them on for more than 1 year.) Lines are not in stone obviously, but this would make us pretty competitive, possibly still give us a shot at a lottery pick too. But really, with a full year of Vrana and hopefully Zadina coming to age with a new coach, who knows where we may end up. This all being said, unless they are looking to make some cash to end their career's, I am not sure Malkin or Letang would sign here, unless there's that "I'll flip you to a contender if possible" agreement. Now unless Edvisson comes in and outshines nearly everyone, I left him in GR for the season. Remember, even Seider spent a season in GR.

image.png.a7c08f10be9dd0b461b440c35cfc6708.png

I hear you, but I feel this season he'll go with a C/W type player to fill a need up front.

Marc thinks we need to cut 6 million more to make room for Seider, Raymond, and Edvinssons UFA deals, seeing as theyre skipping RFA and going strait to UFA.  Cant spend a penny more.

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Marc thinks we need to cut 6 million more to make room for Seider, Raymond, and Edvinssons UFA deals, seeing as theyre skipping RFA and going strait to UFA.  Cant spend a penny more.

It's still a few years until that is needed. While we will need to put aside a bunch of money for them, next season and even the next we can spend away, and have to, to get to the floor. Signing two UFA's for $18M for a season or two won't hurt our cap to get Raymond and Seider inked when their contracts are up. Whether it's 3 years or 8. Truth is we have to sign a couple old expensive UFA's thus summer or we'll never hit the floor, which was $60M last season. I could see Yzerman acquiring dead cap, like Shea Weber, but even that is only $7M. We're roughly $15M below the floor, nobody on our team with an expiring contract is going command $8M alone or combined, let alone $15M to get us to the floor. Yzerman is going to have to and can overpay a couple of UFA's at least for 1 season, maybe 2. Or just maybe theres some trades coming... It's going to be an interesting summer. 

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

It's still a few years until that is needed. While we will need to put aside a bunch of money for them, next season and even the next we can spend away, and have to, to get to the floor. Signing two UFA's for $18M for a season or two won't hurt our cap to get Raymond and Seider inked when their contracts are up. Whether it's 3 years or 8. Truth is we have to sign a couple old expensive UFA's thus summer or we'll never hit the floor, which was $60M last season. I could see Yzerman acquiring dead cap, like Shea Weber, but even that is only $7M. We're roughly $15M below the floor, nobody on our team with an expiring contract is going command $8M alone or combined, let alone $15M to get us to the floor. Yzerman is going to have to and can overpay a couple of UFA's at least for 1 season, maybe 2. Or just maybe theres some trades coming... It's going to be an interesting summer. 

The rumor I read was SY has eyes for Trocheck and Forsberg. 

Forsberg $8 × 5

Trocheck $7 × 5

Edler $4 × 2

There's 19 million added. $4 mil above the cap floor. 

Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Edler - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Oesterle - Lindstrom 

We might actually compete with that lineup. 

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

The rumor I read was SY has eyes for Trocheck and Forsberg. 

Forsberg $8 × 5

Trocheck $7 × 5

Edler $4 × 2

There's 19 million added. $4 mil above the cap floor. 

Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Edler - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Oesterle - Lindstrom 

We might actually compete with that lineup. 

Id go:

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Soderblom-Rasmussen-Sundqvist

for bottom 6.

And:

McIsaac-Lindstrom

for bottom pairing.  

but yah!  like it

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Id go:

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Soderblom-Rasmussen-Sundqvist

for bottom 6.

And:

McIsaac-Lindstrom

for bottom pairing.  

but yah!  like it

So you're putting Suter and Erne in Grand rapids?

I think 5 years is too long to sign a player from outside the organization. Larkin and Bert (if not traded) will be on their new deals in a year and Raymond and Seider will get star money in two years. Might not want to have too much money wrapped up in those players suggested above at that time. But they'd make our team better for sure!

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I think 5 years is too long to sign a player from outside the organization. Larkin and Bert (if not traded) will be on their new deals in a year and Raymond and Seider will get star money in two years. Might not want to have too much money wrapped up in those players suggested above at that time. But they'd make our team better for sure!

Hroneks value suddenly stopped rising when Seider showed us what a real #1 looks like.  Raymond and Larkin might look a little less expensive as well if Vrana-Trocheck-Forsberg cut into their juicy minutes.  

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't get Forsberg. Larkin, Bert, Razor, Vrana, Trochek, Berggren, Fabbri, Suter, Zadina, Soderblom, Veleno already makes 11 top 9 forwards.

Fabbri on IR. Who knows if he'll ever be the same after this one.

Suter is gonna be traded

Zadina sucks

Soderblom and Berggren start in GR

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Fabbri on IR. Who knows if he'll ever be the same after this one.

Suter is gonna be traded

Zadina sucks

Soderblom and Berggren start in GR

Suter will be on the team to start the season and won't be traded until the TDL.

Berggren will start the season in Detroit.

Zadina isn't going to be dropped to the 4th line. 

Even if Fabbri cant play to start the season and Soderblom starts in GR, that is still 9 forwards even with demoting Moose and Sunkist to the 4th. 

No room or need for Forsberg.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Grand Master Y shall offer Kadri a harem of Dearborns’ finest - inshallah.

Kadri is already 31. Too old for the rebuild.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't get Forsberg. Larkin, Bert, Razor, Vrana, Trochek, Berggren, Fabbri, Suter, Zadina, Soderblom, Veleno already makes 11 top 9 forwards.

RIGHT HANDED

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Suter will be on the team to start the season and won't be traded until the TDL.

Even if Fabbri cant play to start the season and Soderblom starts in GR, that is still 9 forwards even with demoting Moose and Sunkist to the 4th. 

No room or need for a RIGHT HANDED point a game forward.  WTF?!!

44 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rasmussen - Suter - Zadina
Erne - Veleno - Sundqvist
Smith/Stephens

That's the team to start the season with Trocheck and Forsberg added. A perfectly acceptable lineup. Berggren and Soderblom haven't made the team yet and I'm not at all convinced they will out of camp. Soderblom especially needs NA grooming b4 he's ready. Horcoff has also stated they're taking things slow with Berggren. I'm not at all convinced he'll be fully promoted after 1 AHL season, though I do think he'll be the #1 call up and play more than a few games when the injuries set in.

Then we're likely going to be jettisoning Suter, Erne, and Sundqvist at the TDL.

Fabbri - Veleno - Zadina
Smith - Stephens - Rasmussen
Berggren

Another acceptable lineup... despite that it won't even be in tact due to injuries.

Furthermore, I would not agree that Suter, Veleno and Zadina are currently top9 forwards. Maybe on this team they play in those spots, but that's only because we suck total ass. I would have absolutely no problem with Suter and Veleno on the 4th and Zadina scratched. 

The top 9 forwards on this team currently are: Bertuzzi, Larkin, Vrana, Raymond, and Fabbri. That's 5 of possible 9. And Fabbri is going on LTIR to start the season. So 4 of 9.

Zadina should also be moved at the draft, and Smith should be waived.

I'm hoping Suter and Zadina get packaged for a Dman this summer.