• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ummmm, I said no such thing.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

It's fake news. I never said it, whomever that new user(name) is made it up. I've never once talked about that player. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus I've never called Yzerman "Stevie"

Here's my post from 7:44 am on Friday. Someone is just screwing around.

It might not of been you but whoever said it knows his/her s***. Kasper is going to be the pick.

10 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Theoretically, what would happen if Columbus wins the draw for first overall?  

Detroit doesn't win the first overall? CBJ drafts Wright? You tell me.

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Detroit doesn't win the first overall? CBJ drafts Wright? You tell me.

Columbus could only move up 10 spots, which lands them at second instead of first.  So then what happens with the team that wins the draw for second overall?

7 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Columbus could only move up 10 spots, which lands them at second instead of first.  So then what happens with the team that wins the draw for second overall?

2nd team moves into 1st? Idk. Gary f***ed up again. 

So, who are we drafting at 10? Lowest we can fall.

Here are some kids in that range, per McKenzie:

(C) Geekie, (C,RW) Lambert, (C/RW) Lazar, (C) Kasper, (D) Nemec

Or will Yzerman go further down the list (like with Seider) for the player he "wants" to draft?

Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

The draft lottery is tomorrow night isnt it? Anyone know what time? Bolts/Leafs game intermission?

The event will be broadcast live beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on ESPN, ESPN+, Sportsnet, SN NOW and TVA Sports.

Looks like right before the BOS @CAR game

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Ottawa will win the draft lottery.

what pick do we get, Zoltan?

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Exciting times just ahead...Draft lottery, new coach, the draft itself, then UFA with along with possible acquisitions via trade/cap dump.

Can we elect to buy out the rest of Abdelkaders $ with our open cap space?  Would be nice to get him off the books.

39 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lets talk RFA.

Juolevi

Walman

Stephens

Zadina

I would re-sign all of them.  1.5 mil / 2 years each for Juolvevi and Walman.  1 mil per for Stephens / 3 years.  2.5 per / 4 years for Zadina.

Re-sign none

41 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lets talk RFA.

Juolevi

Walman

Stephens

Zadina

I would re-sign all of them.  1.5 mil / 2 years each for Juolvevi and Walman.  1 mil per for Stephens / 3 years.  2.5 per / 4 years for Zadina.

Unless we are going into the season with Oesterle, Juolevi, and Walman as our LD (I hope not), I suspect that at least one of Juolevi or Walman are let go or re-signed, waived, and sent down to GR. Probably Juolevi.

Stephens and Zadina will both be re-signed and given full time spots on the roster.

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Unless we are going into the season with Oesterle, Juolevi, and Walman as our LD (I hope not), I suspect that at least one of Juolevi or Walman are let go or re-signed, waived, and sent down to GR. Probably Juolevi.

Stephens and Zadina will both be re-signed and given full time spots on the roster.

I'll be pretty disappointed if more than one of Staal, Walman or Juolevi is brought back

Only reason I bring back Stephens is because I feel bad we spent a pick on him. He can go unqualified or waived and I wouldn't care. Same goes for Zadina.

Juolevi is probably done in the NHL. Walman has an insanely good slap shot which is dope. But again, I won't care much if he departs from us. His spot can be filled with better choices. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Only reason I bring back Stephens is because I feel bad we spent a pick on him. He can go unqualified or waived and I wouldn't care. Same goes for Zadina.

Juolevi is probably done in the NHL. Walman has an insanely good slap shot which is dope. But again, I won't care much if he departs from us. His spot can be filled with better choices. 

Mitchell is a poor mans Glendening. He isnt anything special but gives the team a decent 4th line and RH center option.

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

I'll be pretty disappointed if more than one of Staal, Walman or Juolevi is brought back

Walman will probably be back. He is fine as a 3rd pair option IMO.

Staal wasnt as bad as people seem to think he was this past season. If SY cant find any better vet options, I could see him back as LD for Seider. 

I think Juolevi gets re-signed and waived to GR to serve as an emergency call-up.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Mitchell is a poor mans Glendening. He isnt anything special but gives the team a decent 4th line and RH center option.

Walman will probably be back. He is fine as a 3rd pair option IMO.

Staal wasnt as bad as people seem to think he was this past season. If SY cant find any better vet options, I could see him back as LD for Seider. 

I think Juolevi gets re-signed and waived to GR to serve as an emergency call-up.

If any of the Dmen get re-signed I would bet on Walman as well. Young and followed by and acquired by Yzerman specifically.

There's no room for Juolevi anywhere on the roster. Oesterle and (probably) Walman already have the 6/7 spot locked up. Then GR has McIsaac, Barton, Sebrango, and Newpower. Then you have SY mentioning in the presser bringing over Johansson and Viro this year. That's already 6 Dmen in GR without signing Cotton or bringing back any vets like Lashoff. No room.

I'm okay with Staal coming back after Yzerman swings and misses on multiple other Dmen. There's about 6 names that have to go off the board b4 Staal should be called.

Not a lot of room in the forward group in Detroit. If SY wants to add to the group Stephens may be expendable. 

And again, we're significantly beneath the cap floor now. SY may be forced to add just to reach the floor. Cheap players really aren't much of an option for us.