• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just me but I simply don't care who we pick this draft.  For me it was lottery or bust... we won't be able to get what we need at 8, I'd strongly consider trading the pick. 

NJ winning the lottery again is also a major kick in the nuts... could we trade them a package of Bert and 8OA for 2OA?  Although the percentages weren't favorable to move up this lack of "luck" is a bit unbelievable and morale killing.

We didn't drop back, so I'm happy. Pick 4-16 looks to be pretty wide open and Stevie will find the best player in that group.

Couldn't care less about the Devils winning again. Since when do we care about the Devils?

27 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

We didn't drop back, so I'm happy. Pick 4-16 looks to be pretty wide open and Stevie will find the best player in that group.

Couldn't care less about the Devils winning again. Since when do we care about the Devils?

Devils will be s*** with or without that pick. I just find it alarming how MTL can go from finals to 1st overall in one year. 

59 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I just find it alarming how MTL can go from finals to 1st overall in one year. 

Last season wasn't real. North division was a joke. Vegas har proven to be joke. Montreal were always a joke(+Price).

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

maybe Steve can trade back for Buffalos 9 and 16.

Suter + 8oa

for

9oa and 16oa

Suter isnt worth 16oa plus the negligible diff between 8oa/9oa not even close. Acquiring another 1st would have to include Bertuzzi/Hronek imo.

New Jersey will be in cap hell in a few years. Arent the top 3 ineligible for another top 3 pick for the next few years now? No matter where they finish?

Yzerman will get a stud at 8, or if his guy is more of a 12-15 pick, he'll trade back. Either way he's going to pick one of the best players in the draft.

Also, we didn't drop, can't be mad at the NHL. Be mad at the Red Wings for picking up useless unneeded points when it was clear the playoffs were out of the picture.

Next up, new coaching staff!

Edited by LeftWinger

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

New Jersey will be in cap hell in a few years. Arent the top 3 ineligible for another top 3 pick for the next few years now? No matter where they finish?

Yzerman will get a stud at 8, or if his guy is more of a 12-15 pick, he'll trade back. Either way he's going to pick one of the best players in the draft.

Also, we didn't drop, can't be mad at the NHL. Be mad at the Red Wings for picking up useless unneeded points when it was clear the playoffs were out of the picture.

Habs and Devils could very well win it again next year. The 5-year rule doesn't factor in any lottery wins before yesterday. 

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Devils will be s*** with or without that pick. I just find it alarming how MTL can go from finals to 1st overall in one year. 

On top of moving back to a normal schedule, they didn't have Price or Weber all year, and had Drouin, Gallagher, and others miss big chunks of the season. They also buried Caulfield down the depth chart/in the minors until they finally made a coaching change. 

It's nothing new for them though... Live by the Price, die by the Price. 

9 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Since when do we care about the Devils?

Speak for yourself heathen.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wings weren't going to get in the top 2 or 3 even without those "useless, unneeded points".

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

42 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

New Jersey is open to trading second overall.  What would it take on top of bertuzzi and Zadina to get it?

Extend Bert for like 3 years then Bert for 2OA straight up. Devils wanna compete now. Give them Bert's prime years for the pick. If they don't like it, fine. They can just suck again.

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

New Jersey is open to trading second overall.  What would it take on top of bertuzzi and Zadina to get it?

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Extend Bert for like 3 years then Bert for 2OA straight up. Devils wanna compete now. Give them Bert's prime years for the pick. If they don't like it, fine. They can just suck again.

Never ever gonna happen.

49 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

imagine:

Bert to NJD for #2

Suter + 2023 2nd + 2024 1st for #7.

Juolevi + Walman + 2022 2nd + 2024 2nd for #9.

Yzerman could do some serious damage.

Not with those offers. He would get hung up on.

31 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

yah, i have ZERO idea what #7 thru #16 are actually worth.  #2 i have an idea = young impact player + 1st rnd pick + 2nd rnd pick.

It would probably require a multiple team deal with a team between us and them. MTL and NJ wont move down to #8. They could trade down to 3-5 range, but it would require a team in that range to be willing to trade down to 8.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It would probably require a multiple team deal with a team between us and them. MTL and NJ wont move down to #8. They could trade down to 3-5 range, but it would require a team in that range to be willing to trade down to 8.

That aint gonna happen.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:49 PM, mackel said:

Maybe it's just me but I simply don't care who we pick this draft.  For me it was lottery or bust... we won't be able to get what we need at 8, I'd strongly consider trading the pick. 

NJ winning the lottery again is also a major kick in the nuts... could we trade them a package of Bert and 8OA for 2OA?  Although the percentages weren't favorable to move up this lack of "luck" is a bit unbelievable and morale killing.

I don't know.    Looking at the recent history of 7th and 8th overall picks I think we could do alright.  SY do it again!

Scheifele, Couturier, Nylander, Dumba, Werenski, Nurse, Quinn Hughes, Broberg, Holtz.

12 minutes ago, town123 said:

I don't know.    Looking at the recent history of 7th and 8th overall picks I think we could do alright.  SY do it again!

Scheifele, Couturier, Nylander, Dumba, Werenski, Nurse, Quinn Hughes, Broberg, Holtz.

I like this draft for us. Everyone seems to agree that Wright, Slafkovsky and Cooley are top three but after that its looks to wide open. Stevie will get a good one.