• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

I like this draft for us. Everyone seems to agree that Wright, Slafkovsky and Cooley are top three but after that its looks to wide open. Stevie will get a good one.

Shhhh no, don't let other GMs hear you. Cooley can fall into our laps please. 

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

The one I’m (foolishly) hoping to fall into Stephens lap is Savoie. 

Would also be happy with that. 

Cooley, Savoie, Gauthier, Geekie, and Lambert all interest me. Would definitely prefer a speedy center. 

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Lekkerimaki is Vrana 2.0. 

So, while I'd be annoyed with not drafting a center for the zillionth time in a row, if you're going to draft a winger draft him.

Not trying to get into a BPA debate. But I think SY goes for talent rather than position all day. Whether that's winger or D. 

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

one tough thing about the #8 pick is getting a guy who is nhl ready or close to it.  Kasper will take 2-3 years before he becomes a Wing.  Thats a long wait.  I hope we trade up to get Jiricek.  He will be NHL ready in a year.

NHL ready doesnt matter much when your 2-3yrs away. Who will be better in 2-3yrs? Kasper or Jiricek? I trust SY to make the right choice if he even has a choice 1 or both might be gone by 8.

24 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

You never draft a guy for how good he is on draft day.  You draft him for how good he's going to be.

I disagree.  If I know a guy can step into a third line role immediately with a ceiling of 2nd line, I take him over the guy who needs a year or two in GR to put on size and then comes in as a 3rd liner with 1st line ceiling.