• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

one tough thing about the #8 pick is getting a guy who is nhl ready or close to it.  Kasper will take 2-3 years before he becomes a Wing.  Thats a long wait.  I hope we trade up to get Jiricek.  He will be NHL ready in a year.

Why do you think this? He's one of the most physically developed players in the top part of the draft and has already been playing productive minutes in a top men's league at 17 years old. Currently he's playing very well at the World Championships against NHL level talents.

With Kasper the only drawback is upside IMO. He reminds me of draft age Dylan Larkin. Despite having every tool you'd want, it wasn't obvious that Larkin was going to be a top six center at the time. Obviously that one worked out for Detroit, but there was some unknowns there.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why do you think this? He's one of the most physically developed players in the top part of the draft and has already been playing productive minutes in a top men's league at 17 years old. Currently he's playing very well at the World Championships against NHL level talents.

With Kasper the only drawback is upside IMO. He reminds me of draft age Dylan Larkin. Despite having every tool you'd want, it wasn't obvious that Larkin was going to be a top six center at the time. Obviously that one worked out for Detroit, but there was some unknowns there.

He's 17.  We havent played a guy under 19-20 years old in a long time.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

He's 17.  We havent played a guy under 19-20 years old in a long time.

Agreed. I guess I was interpreting your original post more conservatively than you intended it? I don't think it's unrealistic for Kasper to be on the Raymond/Edvinsson timeline (on the Wings roster in his draft plus two year). That's not a "long wait" as your original post suggested, but it IS within the 2-3 year timeframe you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed. I guess I was interpreting your original post more conservatively than you intended it? I don't think it's unrealistic for Kasper to be on the Raymond/Edvinsson timeline (on the Wings roster in his draft plus two year). That's not a "long wait" as your original post suggested, but it IS within the 2-3 year timeframe you mentioned.

Im hoping you are right.  Just seems like the D+2 players typically fall in that top 6 pick range.  Then D+3 for picks 7-15.  Then a binch of uncertainty after that.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im hoping you are right.  Just seems like the D+2 players typically fall in that top 6 pick range.  Then D+3 for picks 7-15.  Then a binch of uncertainty after that.

Typically I'd agree with you, but I think things are changing a bit these days. Teams have figured out that one way to manage the salary cap is to spend a lot on high end free agents and then underpay entry level guys to balance it out. That means teams have a strong incentive to find young, NHL ready (or close to it) talent, and get them into the lineup as soon as possible. In Raymond's case he could do it because he's super skilled (if underdeveloped physically). In Seider and Edvinsson's case they were already physically developed at 18. I think Kasper is close to those guys IMO. There is no noticeable flaw in his physical tools. He doesn't need to get bigger, stronger, faster (even though he will). If the Wings draft him I'd fully expect him to play his draft plus one year in GR (at center) and then be vying for a roster spot thereafter.

I like Kasper @ 8. Say "Marco Kasper, Lucas Raymond, Moritz Seider" out loud. Rolls off the tongue. Feels right. 10/10. Would draft.

Savoie screams "Yzerman guy," but I'm not sure he'll be available.

Nazar would be great, though the thought of taking a winger with our first pick after the absolute dogs*** slog that was the second half of our season kinda makes me wanna punch myself in the face idk.

47 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I like Kasper @ 8. Say "Marco Kasper, Lucas Raymond, Moritz Seider" out loud. Rolls off the tongue. Feels right. 10/10. Would draft.

Nazar would be great, though the thought of taking a winger with our first pick after the absolute dogs*** slog that was the second half of our season kinda makes me wanna punch myself in the face idk.

Nazar will be availavle at 15.  

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

imo Kasper screams Yzerman guy.

10 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

imo Kasper screams Yzerman guy.

Fair.

I say it re: Savoie because Yzerman had great success with smallish centermen in Tampa. He reminds me of prime-years Tyler Johnson.

But you could certainly make a case for Kasper being closer to what Yzerman would like in an 8th-overall forward.

Personally, I'm Team Kasper.

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

Fair.

I say it re: Savoie because Yzerman had great success with smallish centermen in Tampa. He reminds me of prime-years Tyler Johnson.

But you could certainly make a case for Kasper being closer to what Yzerman would like in an 8th-overall forward.

Personally, I'm Team Kasper.

Samsies

On 5/20/2022 at 9:40 PM, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

He's 100% there at #8 but if Matthew Savoie falls i'd rather take him.

I do not know too much about all these guys (yet, I will do research as the draft gets closer) but if Savoie is there, I do believe Yzerman takes him. But then again, with all the lists out there, he is rarely still available at 8. Outside of Lambert, I will have to start researching Kasper and Nazar, amongst others.

Here is McKenzie's Top 32:

Here is Button's:

Other than the top 3, these two have vastly different opinions on these players. I trust them both when it comes to ranking, but Savoie at 4, then at 17? Button doesn't even have Lambert in the top 32. I would love for Button's to be a the right one, Yzerman could trade down to get Savoie and another 1st then snag another C or a LHD. Either way, I hope this means that Savoie will fall to 8! But either way, I trust Yzerman and support who he thinks is the right player!

Edited by LeftWinger

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I do not know too much about all these guys (yet, I will do research as the draft gets closer) but if Savoie is there, I do believe Yzerman takes him. But then again, with all the lists out there, he is rarely still available at 8. Outside of Lambert, I will have to start researching Kasper and Nazar, amongst others.

Here is McKenzie's Top 32:

image.thumb.png.04f05a354b717a47e20d942a0c5b9ddd.png

Here is Button's:

image.thumb.png.7362d0bdd3a8e66db68c28481a09c6fa.png

Other than the top 3, these two have vastly different opinions on these players. I trust them both when it comes to ranking, but Savoie at 4, then at 17? Button doesn't even have Lambert in the top 32. I would love for Button's to be a the right one, Yzerman could trade down to get Savoie and another 1st then snag another C or a LHD. Either way, I hope this means that Savoie will fall to 8! But either way, I trust Yzerman and support who he thinks is the right player!

No one seems to have a clue at this draft. Fans and experts alike.