• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

Friedman says Toronto likes Bertuzzi a lot but no one interested in Tuzzi bc of his vax status.

Says he talked to one coach he suspected was interviewing with Detroit, and the coach refused to speek to him bc of fear of yzerman finding out. Says SY hates leekers and puts the fear of god in his staff.

Asked Friedman who has the Michael Jordan "dominate" attitude? Elliotte says Pronger... Pronger liked to beat you, let you know he beat you, embarass you, and beat you up.

Says he thinks Crosby, Spezza, and Lidstrom will make phenomenal executives one day.

Tells story about Lids that Babcock told him. That Lids was the best player hes ever had who didnt think he was important at all.

Says Blake Comeau will make a great NHL coach one day.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We signed Steve Kampfer

Tuomisto leaving Denver for Finland

Edited by bIueadams

On 5/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I would be happy with any of Cooley, Savoie, Lambert, or Geekie.

Trade up 5 spots and draft Logan Cooley, Or stay where we're at and draft one of Lambert, Nazar, Lekkerimaki, Geekie, Kasper. Or hope that Matt Savoie falls to 8th overall.

Edited by diehardredwingsfan58

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I really think Yzerman will trade up to 3 or 4 and grab Jiricek.

That would be a mistake I think. You already have 2 studs on D. Giving up assets to trade up and grab another one, when you have a gaping hole at 2C, doesnt make sense to me. Even if SY goes BPA at 8, and its a dman, at least he isnt wasting assets to trade up for more of what he already has.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

59 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That would be a mistake I think. You already have 2 studs on D. Giving up assets to trade up and grab another one, when you have a gaping hole at 2C, doesnt make sense to me. Even if SY goes BPA at 8, and its a dman, at least he isnt wasting assets to trade up for more of what he already has.

Think Seider Light.  Jiricek will be a 5 million a year version of Seider.  I like that more than I like Hronek/Lindstrom.

What if we just ignore 2C in UFA and go for BPA? Here me out, every team has weaknesses and holes, places where they want to improve. 2C is our glaring one, but we also lack talent everywhere. Up and down the roster. A major addition at any position drastically improves us.

Look at Larkin. Without wingers he was a 50 pt center. With Bertuzzi and Raymond he's an 80 pt center. Going for BPA (wingers) could drastically improve our output at 2C. Thinking Suter/Veleno/Ras here. If we want any 2C not named Malkin or Draisatl to perform we have to give them tools to work with. Lets give our current boys something better than Fabbri and Zadina. 

BPA also gives us the benefit of a sheer higher influx of talent. Something we desperately need.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg ($8)

Vrana - Suter - Raymond

Palat ($6) - Rasmussen - Zadina

Fabbri - Veleno - Berggren

Sundqvist

Zadorov ($4) - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Edler ($3) - Lindstrom

Oesterle

Four lines that can all score. Plus we have to spend around 20 million anyway. This represents 21. 

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

What if we just ignore 2C in UFA and go for BPA? Here me out, every team has weaknesses and holes, places where they want to improve. 2C is our glaring one, but we also lack talent everywhere. Up and down the roster. A major addition at any position drastically improves us.

Look at Larkin. Without wingers he was a 50 pt center. With Bertuzzi and Raymond he's an 80 pt center. Going for BPA (wingers) could drastically improve our output at 2C. Thinking Suter/Veleno/Ras here. If we want any 2C not named Malkin or Draisatl to perform we have to give them tools to work with. Lets give our current boys something better than Fabbri and Zadina. 

BPA also gives us the benefit of a sheer higher influx of talent. Something we desperately need.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg ($8)

Vrana - Suter - Raymond

Palat ($6) - Rasmussen - Zadina

Fabbri - Veleno - Berggren

Sundqvist

Zadorov ($4) - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Edler ($3) - Lindstrom

Oesterle

Four lines that can all score. Plus we have to spend around 20 million anyway. This represents 21. 

i like where your heads at

So the newest rumor is Chicago will not qualify Dylan Strome. No idea why.

NYR is expected to release Ryan Strome so they can retain Copp.

What if we signed both Strome bros?

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Chicago poverty franchise

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Ryan is 28 which on this board has been deemed too old via the Bert discussions. 

Dylan is 25 he is in the right age bracket per the various discussions...

I doubt Fabbri is available before 1/1/2023...so why not get the young brother...

3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Ryan is 28 which on this board has been deemed too old via the Bert discussions. 

Which is crazy. Players dont become UFA till typically 26-28. Guess we just shouldnt sign UFAs then?