• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

The difference is even more pronounced when you factor in the powerplay. Ras had two powerplay points (out of 27 total points), both assists. Zadina had 8 powerplay points (out of 24 total points), 4 goals and 4 assists. So Ras, despite being pinned into the d-zone roughly 100 more shifts per season, still outscored Zadina at even strength by a sizeable margin.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Why do you think Zadina has got better linemates every year? Maybe management have a higher view of him then bobby and joey on letsgowings.com?

Rasmusen has got looks with better linemates and hasnt looked better then Zadina imo.

Because Zadina is top6 scoring role or bust. Again, he doesnt bring anything else to the table. If he cant score hes essentially useless to us.

I dont disagree with, and would have played Zadina exactly how Blash played him the last few years. Majority Ozone starts. Offensive linemates. And PP time. Youve got to get this kid to find his scoring touch or hes a bust. Unfortunately he continues not to score despite these generous oppurtunities. And shows little to no growth in a scoring role.

Ras on the other hand brings value to the bottom 6 even if he never finds a scoring touch. Im fine playing him further down the lineup in that role. And hes been MUCH better than Zadina has at maximizing his scoring oppurtunities. 

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

He has better linemates because he's a one trick pony... unless he's scoring (which he isn't) he's useless... think Pulkinen, Brunner, etc.  It's our bad luck our GM just looked at the TSN draft list and didn't understand why Busty was available at 6.

It was a awful pick I dont think youll find anyone disagree with that. That doesnt mean he cant be a reliable 3w in the NHL. If you drop your wallet and $20 falls out and blows away are you going to take all the money out of the wallet and throw it away?

3 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

The man that healthy scratched Zadina is no longer employed by the DRW nothing to do with current management. SY probly called Zadina out by name to light a fire under him because he knows hes capable of more then hes shown. his d+2 was impressive.

So Zadina gets more ice time with better linemates because were deeper at w then c? What kinda backwards logic is that? Since were so thin at c shouldnt Ras get more ice time with better linemates instead of being stapled to the 4th line?

Its not really fair to compare Rasmusens d+5 season to Zadinas d+4 season. Ras just had his breakout season lets see if Zadina can have a breakout or at least build on last season.

The point was that we don't have many centers, and because of that Ras was forced to play a role (shutdown center) that he was not drafted for, which demands tougher zone starts, and generally pairs him with less offensively capable wingers. Conversely, because we are deeper on the wing Zadina largely played the EXACT role he was drafted for (scoring line winger) and sucked pretty badly.

Fun Fact: Despite being drafted a year earlier, Ras is only 6 months older than Zadina and has only played 20 more NHL games. There is not some massive difference in their development. I might even argue that Ras's development was more impacted because he was NOT capable of going to the AHL in his D+1 year (unlike Zadina) because of the CHL/NHL agreement, and he dealt with significant injuries early in his pro-career.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

The point was that we don't have many centers, and because of that Ras was forced to play a role (shutdown center) that he was not drafted for, which demands tougher zone starts, and generally pairs him with less offensively capable wingers. Conversely, because we are deeper on the wing Zadina largely played the EXACT role he was drafted for (scoring line winger) and sucked pretty badly.

Fun Fact: Despite being drafted a year earlier, Ras is only 6 months older than Zadina and has only played 20 more NHL games. There is not some massive difference in their development. I might even argue that Ras's development was more impacted because he was NOT capable of going to the AHL in his D+1 year (unlike Zadina) because of the CHL/NHL agreement, and he dealt with significant injuries early in his pro-career.

Your point is still lost. Less c should mean more opportunity to climb higher in the lineup. More w should mean harder time to get top6 mins. What role do you think Rasmusen was drafted for? should he be playing now?

2 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Your point is still lost. Less c should mean more opportunity to climb higher in the lineup. More w should mean harder time to get top6 mins. What role do you think Rasmusen was drafted for? should he be playing now?

I don't agree. Coaches use players situationally. Larkin can't play 30 minutes a night and neither Veleno nor Suter can defend well. So by default Rasmussen had to be used in those situations. If Luke Glendening was still on the team I'd agree Ras would have the opportunity to be used in more offensive situations. He probably will THIS year to be honest. But last year he was pretty much stuck doing the heavy defensive work because there wasn't anyone else.

I presume Ras was drafted to be a top six power forward. Most teams don't use top ten picks on bottom six shutdown guys, but maybe I'm wrong. Holland was a dipsh*t after all.

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This is the most pointless debate on LGW in history.  Which of our busts is the worst bust?  ha ha ha ha

yes. but it's the off season.

I just don't see any reasons to keep one over the other or ditch one over the other. Hopefully Berggren and Soderblom replaces them both.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

yes. but it's the off season.

I just don't see any reasons to keep one over the other or ditch one over the other. Hopefully Berggren and Soderblom replaces them both.

Well said.  A player will naturally slide out of the lineup when the team has better options.

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

DeKeyser to Nucks on a PTO. 

I was very surprised to see Aston-Reese also on a PTO to Toronto. Shocked no one signed him. He's a grade A 4th line grinder in his prime IMO. Would love to have him on this team. 

Shane Wrong slips all the way to 4th overall and cries

Seattle rejoices that he fell to them

Kraken refuse to send him down to the OHL because they dont want him to get ass blasted everynight on a shiddy Kingston team

Finally he is traded to Windsor and they send him down hoping he can go on a deep playoff run with them

Windsor gets swept by the 8th seed in the first round lol new record

Who is the new Zadina? And why is it Shane Wrong?

12 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Kraken refuse to send him down to the OHL because they dont want him to get ass blasted everynight on a shiddy Kingston team

Finally he is traded to Windsor and they send him down hoping he can go on a deep playoff run with them

Guy is like zadina.  he just cant get it done.  dunno why.

17 hours ago, Walman6million said:

He gets so much praise for the Canada gold at the WJC, but that was all Bedard. 

Shane Wright with Windsor was a minus most nights.   He was outskated and out hustled every playoff game.    I have lots of neighbours who really don't know hockey, other than their beloved Spitfires of Windsor, so they were pretty pumped when I explained just who they were getting in the Shane Wright trade.  The kid has instincts, but he's fairly dumb I believe.  Now the hood thinks I don't have a clue about hockey.

Edited by town123

1 hour ago, town123 said:

Shane Wright with Windsor was a minus most nights.   He was outskated and out hustled every playoff game.    I have lots of neighbours who really don't know hockey, other than their beloved Spitfires of Windsor, so they were pretty pumped when I explained just who they were getting in the Shane Wright trade.  The kid has instincts, but he's fairly dumb I believe.  Now the hood thinks I don't have a clue about hockey.

Stay away from those people. This is a Firebirds (formerly whalers) family.