• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Training Camp, PTO's, Pre-Season Chat

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm on record saying as saying he has no chance. But that was before we lost Vrana for the next 4+ months. I mean, I dunno that losing Vrana really changes anything re: Raymond. But maybe it does.

Still too many other forwards who would make the roster before Raymond.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Still too many other forwards who would make the roster before Raymond.

Are there tho?

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Zadina
Fabbri  Suter  Raymond
Veleno  Rasmussen  Namestnikov
Erne  Stephens  Gagner
(Rowney, Witkowski/Smith/Hirose/Ryan)

I drew that up just now, straight off the top of my head – so it's possible I'm missing a player or two. But I think that's everyone. In which case, the only question would be how ready Raymond is.

I'll say this: He looks more ready than I was expecting.

Edited by Dabura

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Are there tho?

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Zadina
Fabbri  Suter  Raymond
Veleno  Rasmussen  Namestnikov
Erne  Stephens  Gagner
(Rowney, Witkowski/Smith/Hirose/Ryan)

I drew that up just now, straight off the top of my head – so it's possible I'm missing a player or two. But I think that's everyone. In which case, the only question would be how ready Raymond is.

I'll say this: He looks more ready than I was expecting.

Smith has to be on the roster or they will lose him on waivers. Ryan will be on the Wings roster if signed. Veleno is also making a case to be on the roster. If any if those 2 are on the roster, Raymond won't be. Witkowski and Hirose will be in GR.

Honestly, I don't see a need to rush him into the NHL. My biggest fear is seeing him get demolished by bigger, stronger players. My personal preference is for him to play in GR this season and bulk up for next year.

Bert Larkin Zadina

Fabbri Suter Ryan

Veleno Ras Erne

Namaste Gagner Smith

Stephens

How I think it ends up to start the season

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fun fact: Bertuzzi was cleared to play Friday. Tonight will be the third game since then that he won't be dressed for. 

Bert is all but done in Detroit. Everything Yzerman said about respecting his decision, blah blah blah was a clear attempt to minimize damage to his trade value IMO. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Bert is all but done in Detroit. Everything Yzerman said about respecting his decision, blah blah blah was a clear attempt to minimize damage to his trade value IMO. 

Assuming he is, then what?

______ - Larkin - Zadina

Fabbri - Suter -  ______

Erne - Rasmussen - Ryan

Namestnikov - Stephens - Gagner

Smith

- Raymond will start in GRs. Because.

- Veleno's not yet good enough for top six. Not sure Ryan is anymore either. 

- In about 3 weeks one of those top six forwards will be hurt (hoping it's not Larkin, thinking it'll be Fabbri)

I see a lot of holes in this lineup. Maybe Yzerman is still in full on tank mode. I dunno..... 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Assuming he is, then what?

______ - Larkin - Zadina

Fabbri - Suter -  ______

Erne - Rasmussen - Ryan

Namestnikov - Stephens - Gagner

Smith

- Raymond will start in GRs. Because.

- Veleno's not yet good enough for top six. Not sure Ryan is anymore either. 

- In about 3 weeks one of those top six forwards will be hurt (hoping it's not Larkin, thinking it'll be Fabbri)

I see a lot of holes in this lineup. Maybe Yzerman is still in full on tank mode. I dunno..... 

I don't know that he's in "tank" mode, but he's definitely still in rebuilding mode. And it looks like it's going to pay off too (assuming we don't waste picks on guys like William Wallinder going forward). I think Steve wants the team to be competitive, but he's definitely looking to land a few more high end picks this year. I don't think it's unreasonable to think we trade any of Leddy, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Namestnikov, Dekeyser, or Erne at the deadline. On those names alone you're looking at some solid draft capital. The future of this team belongs to Seider, Raymond, Berggren, Edvinsson, Cossa, etc.  Larkin and maybe one or two others will be the veteran mentors. Bertuzzi was done here the moment he took the team to arbitration.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fun fact: Bertuzzi was cleared to play Friday. Tonight will be the third game since then that he won't be dressed for. 

Not too surprising...Yzerman's comment about his family (wife and daughters - but also the Red Wing family) getting vaccinated sort tells me that Bert  may not be a part of that family too much longer...Too bad.

11 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not too surprising...Yzerman's comment about his family (wife and daughters - but also the Red Wing family) getting vaccinated sort tells me that Bert  may not be a part of that family too much longer...Too bad.

It really is too bad. 

Yzerman's clearly a culture-building GM though. He puts up with zero 'me before team' guys and has laid waste to players with higher pedigrees than Bert (St Louis, Mantha, Drouin) 

What's also too bad is that Yzerman's director of amateur scouting basically vouched for this kid after scouting his game a dozen times and doing extensive interviews back in 2013. I mean, I guess a lot can change as a kid becomes a man. But. WHOPSEE!

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It really is too bad. 

Yzerman's clearly a culture-building GM though. He puts up with zero 'me before team' guys and has laid waste to players with higher pedigrees than Bert (St Louis, Mantha, Drouin)

What's also too bad is that Yzerman's director of amateur scouting basically vouched for this kid after scouting his game a dozen times and doing extensive interviews back in 2013. I mean, I guess a lot can change as a kid becomes a man. But. WHOPSEE!

And here I thought Yzerman only disliked frogs...To my surprise he hates the wops too.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Don't worry, as you've (apparently) doubled down on being a trashy dumb*ss, I'm sure there are no wrong choices for you here.

I'm enjoying all this attention from the almighty Kip...Never knew I was capable of trolling him.

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'm enjoying all this attention from the almighty Kip...Never knew I was capable of trolling him.

Guilty as charged. I'm apparently one of the few people in this country who still finds bigotry tacky and distasteful. #triggered