• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

Rasmus Dahlin and Filip Broberg

Rate this topic

What would it take to land these 2 guys?

Dahlin for Larkin, Leddy, 2023 1st, 2024 1st

Broberg for Bertuzzi, McIsaac, and 2022 (top 3 protected 1st)

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

We'd be stacked on D, but cost would be astronomical and cripple our forward depth.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

We'd be stacked on D, but cost would be astronomical and cripple our forward depth.

No Thanks... we need patience for 2 more seasons.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

Your plan is to trade away half our assets for underperforming overrated players?

Edited by Euro_Twins

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

Wtf do u even see in dahlin since hes came into the league? And to give up that haul is insanely hilarious lmao

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

Edvinsson is gonna better than Broberg. 

18 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Dahlin-Seider

Broberg-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Tuomisto-Johansson

In the moment Leddy is what we need, not Dahlin. What is Dahlin going to teach Mo?

And two of our top forwards, our best LHD,a good prospect and the next three first round picks for two unproven/not dominating young defenseman is not only an overpayment, it´s a slap in the face.

Buffalo isn't trading Dahlin. Even if they *were* to trade him, it wouldn't be intradivison. And even if it *were* intradivision, we don't have the pieces. And even if we *did* have the pieces, you don't trade your young franchise defenseman to Steve Yzerman and expect to be the one coming out on top. And even if Kevyn Adams *does* have a deathwish, we're probably looking at a wash.

I'm not particularly high on Broberg. Holland had wanted Seider; Broberg was a consolation prize. We could probably get him at a not-insane price, given that Holland's feeling the win-now heat and such. But I really don't know that it'd be worth it.

I mean, I get it. We do need to be on the lookout for a solid top-four LHD, preferably someone quite young. I'm on record as saying Yzerman should be kicking the tires on Chychrun. But I figure Yzerman's going to be focusing more on finding a centerman.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Buffalo isn't trading Dahlin. Even if they *were* to trade him, it wouldn't be intradivison. And even if it *were* intradivision, we don't have the pieces. And even if we *did* have the pieces, you don't trade your young franchise defenseman to Steve Yzerman and expect to be the one coming out on top. And even if Kevyn Adams *does* have a deathwish, we're probably looking at a wash.

I'm not particularly high on Broberg. Holland had wanted Seider; Broberg was a consolation prize. We could probably get him at a not-insane price, given that Holland's feeling the win-now heat and such. But I really don't know that it'd be worth it.

I mean, I get it. We do need to be on the lookout for a solid top-four LHD, preferably someone quite young. I'm on record as saying Yzerman should be kicking the tires on Chychrun. But I figure Yzerman's going to be focusing more on finding a centerman.

Chychrun still hurts deep. 

All for 1 year of cap relief 

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ok, I get that everyone thinks we are cup contenders with what we have in 5 years.  Pretend like we are not, and that trades for these 2 defensemen would make us cup contenders.  What would you part with?

Edmonton's 1st + a 2nd + Broberg for Detroit's 1st.

Fabbri + Wallinder + 2nd for Dahlin + 3rd

On 10/12/2021 at 6:06 AM, Akakabuto said:

Broberg: 21p in 89g in SHL since he was drafted in 2019

Edvinsson: 4p in 9g in SHL so far this year.

Broberg: 4g, 21pts in 89gp - 0.24pts/gp

Johansson: 11g, 39pts in 97gp - 0.40pts/gp

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

:eh:

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edmonton's 1st + a 2nd + Broberg for Detroit's 1st.

that sounds like fair offers

1 hour ago, ely s said:

that sounds like fair offers

Dahlin: 107pts in 197gp - 0.54pts/gp (21yo d) drafted 1st oa 3 years ago)

Fabbri: 122pts in 246gp - 0.5pts/gp (25yo lw)

Wallinder: may never play a game in the nhl

Sounds like a bad trade for buffalo.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Dahlin: 107pts in 197gp - 0.54pts/gp (21yo d) drafted 1st oa 3 years ago)

Fabbri: 122pts in 246gp - 0.5pts/gp (25yo lw)

Wallinder: may never play a game in the nhl

Sounds like a bad trade for buffalo.

Absolutely, Dahlin is not much, if at all, better than Edvinsson is going to be. He´s not on the pk, -40 goal differential 5vs5. So there is no need to pay a king´s ransom for someone you don´t "need".

37 minutes ago, ely s said:

Absolutely, Dahlin is not much, if at all, better than Edvinsson is going to be. He´s not on the pk, -40 goal differential 5vs5. So there is no need to pay a king´s ransom for someone you don´t "need".

-40 on the sabres. Edvinsson might be as good as Dahlin but thats a big might. Beside we need more than one sure thing on the left side. Either way Dahlin isnt on the block and that isnt close to a fair offer. Seider plus would be a fair offer not a mid6 lw 1yr to ufa and some throw ins.

I like that Wallinder went from the second division in Sweden to one of the best teams in the SHL in Rögle(Seiders team last season). That should tell us he did good last year. Propably one of the best skaters in his draft.

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I like that Wallinder went from the second division in Sweden to one of the best teams in the SHL in Rögle(Seiders team last season). That should tell us he did good last year. Propably one of the best skaters in his draft.

Until you see hes only getting about 2mins per game in the shl.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Until you see hes only getting about 2mins per game in the shl.

I saw that, but its still encouraging that a good team picked him up. It's only 6 games into the season and I doubt thats their plan for him.

19 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Chychrun still hurts deep. 

All for 1 year of cap relief 

If I'm being objective, I don't know that I can look you in the eye and say Chychrun is better than Hronek. Indeed, I think there's a case to be made for Hronek being the better player...

Career PPG (All Situations):

• Chychrun – 121 P / 290 GP = 0.417 PPG
  • Hronek – 80 P / 167 GP = 0.479 PPG

Career Corsi For % (EV):

• Chychrun – 48.6
  • Hronek – 48.4

Career Zone Starts (EV):

• Chychrun – 52.7 OZ - 47.3 DZ = 5.4
  • Hronek – 46.8 OZ - 53.2 DZ = -6.4

I like the idea of Chychrun on our blue line because I like the idea of Chychrun, Hronek, Seider, Edvinsson on our blue line. That's where the appeal really lies for me. If we didn't have Hronek and/or Seider, I wouldn't be interested in Chychrun.

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

If I'm being objective, I don't know that I can look you in the eye and say Chychrun is better than Hronek. Indeed, I think there's a case to be made for Hronek being the better player...

Career PPG (All Situations):

• Chychrun – 121 P / 290 GP = 0.417 PPG
  • Hronek – 80 P / 167 GP = 0.479 PPG

Career Corsi For % (EV):

• Chychrun – 48.6
  • Hronek – 48.4

Career Zone Starts (EV):

• Chychrun – 52.7 OZ - 47.3 DZ = 5.4
  • Hronek – 46.8 OZ - 53.2 DZ = -6.4

I like the idea of Chychrun on our blue line because I like the idea of Chychrun, Hronek, Seider, Edvinsson on our blue line. That's where the appeal really lies for me. If we didn't have Hronek and/or Seider, I wouldn't be interested in Chychrun.

I'm not sure why this is even an argument. We drafted cholowski instead of chych. So hronek doesn't factor into that. But I'd agree that they'd be similar talent wise and i would be happy having both.