• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Is 4th Place Up For Grabs in the Atlantic?

Rate this topic

I know it's only 7 games, but I've been thinking about this, as I see the Maple Leafs continue to struggle.

I think we can all agree Florida, Tampa, and Boston will take the top 3 spots, but I'm wondering if 4th is up for grabs? The Leafs are a mess, and the pressure is only going to get worse and worse for their top 4 forwards, coach, and GM.

I definitely don't see Boston as a lock. And if coach quenville gets fired over the hawkcock scandal, then I don't see florida as a lock either. 

But I don't see the wings making the playoffs, in fact I think making the playoffs would do more harm than good for us

6 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I definitely don't see Boston as a lock. And if coach quenville gets fired over the hawkcock scandal, then I don't see florida as a lock either. 

But I don't see the wings making the playoffs, in fact I think making the playoffs would do more harm than good for us

One more season of missing the playoffs and hopefully we're drafting within the bottom 5 where we have a legit chance of nabbing a quality center.

21 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I read 4th spot as the 4th playoff spot. I definitely think the 4th spot is up for grabs. It's the Leafs to lose though.

Florida could lose their HC. That could negatively affect their performance this year. I really dont see Boston as a lock either. The only "lock" in the Atlantic is TB IMO. I still think the Wings finish 5th tho.

11 hours ago, F.Michael said:

One more season of missing the playoffs and hopefully we're drafting within the bottom 5 where we have a legit chance of nabbing a quality center.

No thank you.  I'll take winning the Cup over drafting in the top 5.  Let's win the whole thing.  

Tampa and Florida I feel are the only locks, with Florida winning the division. Toronto will get their s*** together at some point. They have a great regular season team. 

If any "top 4" team in the division drops, it'll be Boston. They are a Bergeron injury away from no top 6 center. They won't be a basement team by any means, but their roster this year is very capable of running into some serious slumps if Bergeron can't play 82 games. 

HYPE TIME ..

Ignore games played for a moment...who expected us to be here in the division and playing some entertaining hockey

image.png.4269a2c8352946f7a4fe73cf11444e46.png 

If you were to take the GP into account putting everyone @ 14. Assume everyone wins their games in hand for arguments sake...still respectable start...

Florida - 23

Boston - 20

Tampa - 19

Toronto - 17

Detroit - 16

Buffalo -16

Ottawa - 11

Montreal - 7

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We're at the point now that even if you use "Points %" the Wings are the 2nd wild card. Good chance it doesn't last, but still pretty wild. 

Tough week coming up with a back-to-back on the road vs St Louis and Colorado. 

we are at that point where the bertuzzi non jab is potentially making or breaking us.  was hoping his decision wouldnt affect the outcome, but it might.