• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

Poll: Which Player Survives The Rebuild

Rate this topic

Which Player Survives The Rebuild  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ely s said:

Hronek and Veleno will most definitely be still here. I´m not so sure about Ras and Zadina, they have to do better to stay with the team.

Zadina has been good just hasnt been producing as much as he probly should be. Rasmusen could be a very good shutdown 4c if he can work on his stregth. Not what you want with a 9oa pick but it is what it is at this point.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Zadina has been good just hasnt been producing as much as he probly should be. Rasmusen could be a very good shutdown 4c if he can work on his stregth. Not what you want with a 9oa pick but it is what it is at this point.

Zadina is in the moment a yard away from being good. Inaccurate passing and shooting, often a step to late, just a yard missing.

Ras needs to bulk up and find some aggressiveness. He´s 6´6" but doesn´t look like it.

At the end of the day I want all four to succeed, but in the moment Ras and Z are heading in the wrong direction. Veleno´s stock is rising and an on top of his game Hronek will find a space on the roster in the foreseeable future

53 minutes ago, big man said:

I addressed Ras's issues in the GDT, so time for some good old fashioned Zadina hate

Just like Ras, he's a functional top9 forward and his defense is good. His "firepower" is so overrated though. He can't even make good shot selections and seems to be trying to force it. Last night we gave up the empty net goal, because again Filip assassinated the shin pads. If he does get a shot through it's never that great.

At least with Ras you can force feed him and lock him in a gym. With Zadina we can't teach him to be a creative dynamic player 100 games in to his career.

this is the big misunderstanding with Zadina.  He's not supposed to be creative and dynamic.  the same way kozlov wasnt the creative and dynamic player on his line, no disrespect.  Zadina needs Larkin right now.  It's that simple.  The issue we have is that we only have Larkin.  Our center depth is terrible.  Its Larkin and thats it.  The rest is 3rd line quality at best.  Wings are in a good spot at wing in that we have enough mouths to feed (Bert, Zadina, Vrana, Raymond, Veleno).  But we have only one cook.  

I think the chances are relatively equal of all of them still being here or neither to be honest. Neither will be a core player, and any one of them could be traded over the next few seasons as more young players enter the lineup. 

If I had to order them by importance, I'd go:

Zadina, Veleno, Hronek, Ras.

I only rate Hronek so low due to our prospect depth at the position. I feel Zadina and Veleno have plenty of untapped potential, so I feel they'll survive here at least a couple seasons. 

Ras is treading replaceable af territory. Keep Veleno at 3C and bump Ras to wing, which I feel is his best chance of success. 

25 minutes ago, big man said:

Which has been my argument from day 1 on Zadina.

With Suter, Nielsen, Filppula, and even Larkin to some extent, he's going to be Wings era Jiri Hudler. With a dynamic center like Johnny Hockey he could be Flames era Jiri Hudler. He needs that level of support and help, otherwise he's a pretty average middle 6 winger.

But honestly, my tune is changing (for the worse). He's not even showing flashes of being a top end sniper anymore.

This is the part people need to get past. Yes, we hopes he'd be a sniper. But that aspect of his game just hasn't translated, and he has evolved into more of a playmaking defensive winger. 

If his current pace is his floor, that's cool. I do expect his scoring numbers will improve over time, however. If he can be a 50-60 point winger with a strong defensive game, I'll be content. It's a bummer he isn't filling nets with pucks, but such is life. 

Just imagine if we got Stevie back one year sooner...

Likely hood to stay:

1. None of these bums

2. Zadina - because he's the most skilled and this team has 2.5 skilled forwards

3. Rasmussen because eff you guys

4. Veleno - because despite being just  9 months younger than RAS he's just starting to play real hockey and so we haven't turned on him yet

5. Hronek - he's barf's poop. I hate him. He's the Zadina of defence except Zadina can actually play defence

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

11 minutes ago, big man said:

2018 first round redraft:

1. Svechnikov
2. Hughes <--- couldve had
3. Dahlin
4. Tkachuk
5. T. Smith <---- couldve had
6. Bouchard <---- Wings position, couldve had
7. Boqvist <---- couldve had
8. Dobson <---- coulve had
9. Farabee <---- couldve had
10. Zadina

At least that's how I'd redraft at the current moment. Coulda had a huge win with Hughes.

2017 first round redraft:

1. Makar
2. Pettersson
3. Hischier
4. Heiskanen
5. Necas <---- couldve had
6. Suzuki <---- couldve had
7. Norris <----- couldve had
8. Thomas <----- couldve had
9. Vilardi <----- Wings position, couldve had
10. Chytil <---- couldve had
11. Tippett <----- couldve had
12. Mittlestadt
13. Glass
14. Jokiharju <----- couldve had
15. Rasmussen

Necas wouldve been bomb.com

If Holland didnt botch 2017 pick 2018 pick would probly look much better.

Zadina is a 40pt winger with a skilled c like Necas he would be a 60pt winger.

1 hour ago, big man said:

With Suter, Nielsen, Filppula, and even Larkin to some extent, he's going to be Wings era Jiri Hudler. With a dynamic center like Johnny Hockey he could be Flames era Jiri Hudler. He needs that level of support and help, otherwise he's a pretty average middle 6 winger.

But honestly, my tune is changing (for the worse). He's not even showing flashes of being a top end sniper anymore.

I am not ready to give up on him. He's 21.  Not 26.  2 more years, and lets see where he is.  It's not like the next man up (Chase Pearson) is going to offer us more value.  So making Zadina our whipping boy is a bit silly right now, considering his age and salary.  Dekeyser - whip away.  He's a HUGE problem with this team.

3 minutes ago, big man said:

I'd contend that every roster player on this team expendable besides Seider and Raymond. Maybe less so Bertuzzi and Larkin, as they seem to be the leaders on and off the ice. Vrana IDK yet, we gotta see if last years end of year run was a fluke or not.

I am excited for the recreation of the D next year. I desperately wanna kick DK and Staal to the curb, trade Stecher, and possibly trade Leddy if we can't re-sign him. Ideally:

Leddy - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Oesterle - Lindstrom
Johanssen/McIsaac

That looks sexy

I suspect Johansson will be immediately better than Ostrich

Also, talk about selling high. The Wings missed their chance to trade Hronek like 2 years ago.........

I personally believe every player listed is capable of staying in Detroit as long as their contract demands are reasonable and they're willing to accept lesser roles on the team when 'better' players are acquired and get more ice time.

Every forward on that list is a 3rd/4th liner, and Hronek a 2nd pair Dman.

4 hours ago, big man said:

I personally never saw it - those flashes of a top line sniper...

Edited by F.Michael

12 minutes ago, big man said:

Same with Larkin

Kinda tough selling you're only reliable center and only reliable Dman though.

If you think Larkin and Hronek are organizational equivalents........

Hronek is the most overrated player on this forum. By a mile. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If you think Larkin and Hronek are organizational equivalents........

Hronek is the most overrated player on this forum. By a mile. 

You can rate Hronek how you like but he's been the Wings best defender for the last two seasons.

Piping hot:   Veleno.  Lots of potential.  I like what I've seen of him.

Cooling off:  Hronek.  Held us together during the bad seasons where he was it.  Needs to get that swagger back.  Useful for Empty Net Goals.

Kinda chilly:  Rasmussen.  I haven't seen anything yet to make me think he'll still be around for long.

Funky cold:  Zadina.  I had hopes for him, but he just hasn't made the turn from "guy from the AHL who will get it soon" to "guy who belongs up with the team".  Maybe he will eventually blossom, but I think he'll do it on another team. 

Just my 0¢ CDN.