• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Too much good content and too many reasons for optimism getting scrubbed from this forum because of hyper-trolling and ill-mannered members. 

Anyway, @kipwinger  this earlier. Deserves another look. 

Beautiful. 

5 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Soderblom should be what we hoped Rasmusen would be.

Side note- I cant copy anything from twitter how do you post tweets?

Even tho you're dumping on Big Ras I'll still help you out. 

- Click on the tweet. 

- You''ll see four icons underneath the Tweet: for reply, retweet, like, and share (in this order left to right)

- Click the share icon

- Copy link to Tweet

- Paste in here in the comment section.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Even tho you're dumping on Big Ras I'll still help you out. 

- Click on the tweet. 

- You''ll see four icons underneath the Tweet: for reply, retweet, like, and share (in this order left to right)

- Click the share icon

- Copy link to Tweet

- Paste in here in the comment section.

Thx :)

Ive been a big ras apologist for to long I just dont see it happening for him. He doesnt have the hockey iq to be a top6 player he better add more strength if he wants to be a effective bottom6 player.

4 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Thx :)

Ive been a big ras apologist for to long I just dont see it happening for him. He doesnt have the hockey iq to be a top6 player he better add more strength if he wants to be a effective bottom6 player.

He had a promising year last year and is off tonal bad start. I'm not drawing any conclusions just yet.

55 minutes ago, number10 said:

Soderblom's style isn't too much different than Rasmussen's I'd say. Giant forward with very little aggression in him. Though I think he has noticeably better hands. For a big man he has surprisingly soft mits.

Soderblom is also already 240 lbs at 20 years old. He could probably stand to add 5-20 more lbs at his height, but so far he's already a bit meatier than Ras at a younger age.

Ras just needs to go live with Jimmy Howard and be handcuffed to Mike Barwis for a year.

Both are big men but the skill level is night and day. Well see what Soderblom can do in na next year but i think he will be better then Rasmusen as early as next season. Some will scoff at this but imo Soderblom has top line upside.

50 minutes ago, number10 said:

Soder is definately a giant forward that plays like he's a 6ft skills guy. Rasmussen was always a pure powerforward. 

We just need him to be a legit third line threat.  Thats the good thing.  Ras was supposed to be a 2nd line center, but he has barely panned out to 4th line duty.

Wings fans should be deliriously happy. I certainly am.

Why? Because the impossible dream seems to have been realized; YzerMADMAN seems to have pulled a gem from each of the past three drafts.

1. RAYMOND

Raymond is a monster and this isn't even his final form. He's still...

tumblr_lymc2zHpPA1qhelj9o1_500.jpg

As I've said before, he's going to bulk up. He's going to get stronger, quicker, faster, more confident. When the rest of his body catches up to his brain and eyes and hands...look out.

"Fluke?"

Not really. The eye test, the underlying numbers, and his pre-NHL body of work all tell us he's this good (though, of course, he's probably not a legit 82-point player right now). Even so, I can barely believe he's been this good this soon.

Dude leads all rookies in points and goals and +/-. 14 points through his first 13 NHL games. 14 points! FOURTEEN!

"OK, yeah, but what about all NHL skaters, not just rookies?"

Dude's tied for 6th in the league in points. At 19 years old. (Turns 20 in late March.)

We needed a Pettersson/Pastrnak-tier forward. It appears we found one. (Hence needed.) F***ing pinch me.

2. SEIDER

Seider's been exactly the player we all know he is. The only question was point production. As with Raymond, we knew the production would come...just not this much this soon. Dude's 3 points off from leading all defensemen in points.

"Fluke?"

Nah. Like I said, he's been exactly the player we all know he is. He's not, like, riding an unsustainable shooting percentage. His production isn't tied to an Ovechkin/McDavid-tier. I don't think he's really catching teams off-guard.

We badly needed a defenseman you could mention in the same breath as Hedman. We found one, and quite possibly two...

3. EDVINSSON

One of Edvinsson's teammates – a vet, I think – recently said Edvinsson's the best defenseman he's ever played with. In explaining this, he said something to the effect of "Dahlin was amazing. But Edvinsson is something else."

Nuff said.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

1. RAYMOND

2. SEIDER

3. EDVINSSON

Who knew rebuilding was THIS easy! Just pick the best player in every draft.

Edited by Akakabuto

2 minutes ago, number10 said:

Average usage:

Forwards:

1. Bertuzzi
2. Larkin
3. Fabbri
4. Raymond
5. Suter
6. Zadina
--------------
7. Rasmussen
8. Gagner
9. Veleno
10. Namestnikov
11. Erne
12. Stephens
--------------
13. Rowney
14. Smith

Defense:

1. Hronek
2. Seider
3. Leddy
4. Dekeyser
--------------
5. Oesterle
6. Lindstrom
--------------
7. Staal
8. Stecher

I'm fine with Seider and Raymond being somewhat sheltered from amazing minutes this seasons. Glad Jeff is smart enough to play Bertuzzi as much as possible. Really wanna see Names, Erne, and Stephens get more ice time though.

What kind of ice time? More 5 on 5? More powerplay? Kinda hard to give them more penalty kill considering ideally your team would spend zero pk time in a game.

12 minutes ago, number10 said:

5 on 5. I'd like to see what all 3 can do with more ice time higher up the lineup.

A setup like this:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond <------ Just keep these boys together
Fabbri - Suter - Namestnikov <----- Names has been cash so far, promote him n see what he does
Erne - Stephens - Zadina <---------- Maybe Z can get smthin goin on a lower line, n wanna see how Stephens plays wit a scorer
Smith - Rasmussen - Gagner <----- Ras needs to eat

I'm fine with these. I see the rationale and it's not like Zadina is playing so good that Namestnikov can't move up. Same goes with Stephens dumping Ras. This just shows our lack of depth though. Add Vrana and a halfway decent 2nd line center and suddenly the roster starts to make sense. The truth is that at least two of Ras, Erne, Smith, Stephens, and (maybe) Gagner shouldn't even be in the lineup right now.

7 hours ago, number10 said:

Average usage:

Forwards:

1. Bertuzzi
2. Larkin
3. Fabbri
4. Raymond
5. Suter
6. Zadina
--------------
7. Rasmussen
8. Gagner
9. Veleno
10. Namestnikov
11. Erne
12. Stephens
--------------
13. Rowney
14. Smith

Defense:

1. Hronek
2. Seider
3. Leddy
4. Dekeyser
--------------
5. Oesterle
6. Lindstrom
--------------
7. Staal
8. Stecher

I'm fine with Seider and Raymond being somewhat sheltered from amazing minutes this seasons. Glad Jeff is smart enough to play Bertuzzi as much as possible. Really wanna see Names, Erne, and Stephens get more ice time though.

You sure you aren't worried that Jeff ruins Raymond and Seider like every other prospect?

10 minutes ago, number10 said:

Mantha, AA, and Mrazek yesterday. Hronek today. Zadina, Veleno, and Rasmussen tomorrow.

Blash will be fired before he goes stale on Seider and Raymond.

Au contraire. Hronek has been a new man since the healthy scratch. Aces move by J-Coach

4 minutes ago, number10 said:

While I have you, you got any relation to the Martin, Blaqueire, Gallant, Pineau, Arsenault, or Dorion familes of PEI?

Do I look like a ******* Acadian? 

I think @mackel is related to the Doiron's though. Word has it he spends all of Thanksgiving dinner telling his uncles how his cousins are all failures. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Do I look like a ******* Acadian? 

I think @mackel is related to the Doiron's though. Word has it he spends all of Thanksgiving dinner telling his uncles how his cousins are all failures. 

You do seem like a grade A doucebag... so sort of French/Acadian.

Also WTF are you talking about.

Stick to being a Zadina apologist, it's about all you're good for.

Edited by mackel

On 11/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, Akakabuto said:

Who knew rebuilding was THIS easy! Just pick the best player in every draft.

It's utterly surreal.

Feels a bit like 20 years ago, when we were losing key vets and things were getting stale and we were all wondering what the hell we were gonna do...and then Datsyuk and Zetterberg just kinda happened.

1 hour ago, Yzerplan said:

idk why but this site wont let me post pictures of team usa or finland.

viro first pair d for finland

red savage 4th line center for usa

...these are the athletic's projected World Juniors rosters

Team-USA.png

Team-Finland.jpg