• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

This kid's shot is surprisingly heavy.  Reminds me of Yzerman's slapper, actually.  Not super fast, but lots of rotation on the puck - making it "heavy".  Every time this kid's shot hits the twine, it looks like the net is becoming a parachute.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

12% of Wings fans are in Denial.

SLAPPIES.

I'm about 10% satisfied with Rasmussen.  I was expecting him to AT THE VERY LEAST pot 10 goals a year on power play rebounds.  He doesn't even play on the power play.  I'm ok with him being our 4th line center going forward if he carves out a niche as a shut down guy.  That's better than nothing, but he definitely did NOT turn into Esposito Light, as advertised on draft day.

I'm about 75% satisfied with Zadina.  With a healthy middle of the road team (22-23 Red Wings), he's a .5 ppg player who plays hard in all 3 zones.  We all wanted him to be a 40g/80p guy on draft day, but I think we all WAY overshot the expectation on him.  We all wanted left handed Lucas Raymond, and we got Slava Kozlov Jr.  The good news is that he should slot in the top 9 for us going forward, and he won't break the bank come contract time.

Overall, both of these guys deserve a bit of the heat from the fans, but at the same time, both of them are Red Wings and deserve to play in our top 12.  So it's not all bad.

https://octopusthrower.com/2021/11/30/zadina-fourth-line-assignment/

AA - scores an assload of goals, but plays bad defense.  Whipping boy, traded.

Mantha - scores goals, but streaky and plays bad defense - Whipping boy, traded.

Zadina - scores some goals, but plays great in all 3 zones.  Whipping boy, demoted.

Only way to win in Red Wings land is to be Bertuzzi, Larkin, or Raymond.  

Bertuzzi

Vrana

Zadina

Berggren

I dont know why people cant see value in that LW depth, so keep on whipping I guess.

1 minute ago, TLGTrico said:

Jesper Eliasson was loaned to Farestad, the same SHL team Albert Johansson plays for.

Who is that?

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://octopusthrower.com/2021/11/30/zadina-fourth-line-assignment/

AA - scores an assload of goals, but plays bad defense.  Whipping boy, traded.

Mantha - scores goals, but streaky and plays bad defense - Whipping boy, traded.

Zadina - scores some goals, but plays great in all 3 zones.  Whipping boy, demoted.

Only way to win in Red Wings land is to be Bertuzzi, Larkin, or Raymond.  

Bertuzzi

Vrana

Zadina

Berggren

I dont know why people cant see value in that LW depth, so keep on whipping I guess.

Who is that?

3rd round pick in 2018.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, if only we hired Gallant like everyone wanted, who is ruining Laffreniere and Kakko. 

How is Gallant 'ruining' them?

Isn't team success > individual players ?

From what I've read most NYR fans are happy thus far.

46 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I was an anti-Gallanter

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

anti-Gallantite is proper!

Hating on former Red Wings who happen to be good friends with Grand Master Y will not be tolerated :nono:

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Why? They have both been bigger disappointments than Zadina.

Kappo was a 2nd overall pick and 0.36 P/GP.

Lafreniere was a 1st overall pick and 0.35 P/GP.

Zadina has better offensive numbers than both of them. They were supposed to be scoring machines.

I would expect a lot more from these 2.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Or maybe guys like Lafreniere were never as good as they were made out to be to begin with? I vaguely recall someone saying something like that before those guys were drafted.

Dabura didn't seem to care much for him

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Hating on former Red Wings who happen to be good friends with Grand Master Y will not be tolerated :nono:

It's just a joke to point out how stupid people sound when they blame players lack of living up to the hype all on coaching. Because apparently Blash ruined Mantha, Mrazek, etc.

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's just a joke to point out how stupid people sound when they blame players lack of living up to the hype all on coaching. Because apparently Blash ruined Mantha, Mrazek, etc.

Gallant probably is ruining them.

IMO Gallant sucks as a coach.

That's why he can't hold a job anywhere he goes, and exactly why Yzerman paid him no mind.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Or maybe guys like Lafreniere were never as good as they were made out to be to begin with? I vaguely recall someone saying something like that before those guys were drafted.

Kip "I Told You So" Winger

You're on a roll