• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Gotta be better than tonight's Griffins game. Woof. Aside from Berggren we have ZERO talent in GR. Can't wait till next year when out Swedish contingent comes over and runs rough shod over the AHL.

yah, Stevies picks are still in the NCAA or Europe.  the Grifs should get restacked in the next couple seasons.

Speaking of, Carter Mazur and Shai Buium are having REALLY good freshmen seasons in the NCAA. Red Savage too, to a lesser extent. In terms of the whole class, the 2021 draft might shape up to be Yzerman's best so far. I think it's very realistic we get 4 NHL regulars out of the draft (Edvinsson, Cossa, Buium, and Mazur), with the potential for one or two more (Savage, Nilsson)

Isn’t this the perfect time to bring him up? He’s confident right now and you tell him there’s no pressure and that the plan is to only have him up for the games that Fabbri lose. Take it as an opportunity to get a taste.

No risk of him losing that confidence when going back down is just according to plan. 

You're still changing up the rhythm tho. It would be like trading him to another team and expecting that confidence/success to immediately carry over. If he's playing well and there's no need or rush to bring him up this season, then leave him down. Blashill ruins prospects, remember?

16 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Isn’t this the perfect time to bring him up? He’s confident right now and you tell him there’s no pressure and that the plan is to only have him up for the games that Fabbri lose. Take it as an opportunity to get a taste.

No risk of him losing that confidence when going back down is just according to plan. 

There's nothing like not rewarding players when they are doing well to help boost their confidence. 

Man Blash is good at handling our young talent.

12 minutes ago, Rick D said:

There's nothing like not rewarding players when they are doing well to help boost their confidence. 

Man Blash is good at handling our young talent.

You think Blashill is in charge of transactions between Detroit and GRs? 

Sounds to me like this is a collaborative effort between him and Yzerman no? 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You think Blashill is in charge of transactions between Detroit and GRs? 

Sounds to me like this is a collaborative effort between him and Yzerman no? 

I'm not bent out of shape about Berrgren not being called up. It's certainly a collab effort. Blash probably has a a solid say in who gets called up. I'd rather see Pearson up ATM TBH.

Just now, bIueadams said:

I'm not bent out of shape about Berrgren not being called up. It's certainly a collab effort. Blash probably has a a solid say in who gets called up. I'd rather see Pearson up ATM TBH.

Yeah. Me neither. I have much better things to REEEEEEEEEE about

Just pointing out that just because Blashill is the guy talking, doesn't mean it's his doing. Seems like this is becoming a bi-weekly reminder type situation. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. Me neither. I have much better things to REEEEEEEEEE about

Just pointing out that just because Blashill is the guy talking, doesn't mean it's his doing. Seems like this is becoming a bi-weekly reminder type situation. 

Blash sucks top nuts fersure

But yeah I'm not going to spit in his lunch over this one.

Just now, bIueadams said:

Blash sucks top nuts fersure

But yeah I'm not going to spit in his lunch over this one.

Maybe just a T-bag hover over the lunch this time

noticed Gino has 2 goals in 27 but at least Winnipeg weather has opened up some other doors for him. I hear he now has mad style. According to my fav fashion magazine, The Athletic. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Maybe just a T-bag hover over the lunch this time

noticed Gino has 2 goals in 27 but at least Winnipeg weather has opened up some other doors for him. I hear he now has mad style. According to my fav fashion magazine, The Athletic. 

Post pics

6 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Post pics

You know, I can't actually. Haven't been able to post pics on LGWs for well over a year, Can't do GIFs now either. Mods were totally useless help. Anyway, probably for everyone's benefit that I can't. 

Here's a link

https://theathletic.com/2898108/2021/10/19/nhl-style-power-rankings-the-debut-teams-relax-their-dress-codes-and-players-personal-styles-break-out/

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

18 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You know, I can't actually. Haven't been able to post pics on LGWs for well over a year, Can't do GIFs now either. Mods were totally useless help. Anyway, probably for everyone's benefit that I can't. 

Here's a link

https://theathletic.com/2898108/2021/10/19/nhl-style-power-rankings-the-debut-teams-relax-their-dress-codes-and-players-personal-styles-break-out/

Weird. Are you phone posting? What browser are you using?