• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Is there any chance theres still something there with Malte Setkov? Huge 6'8 210lb LD still only 22yo. 

We don´t own his rights anymore. I´ve seen a couple Malmö games with him and Veleno and there´s nothing special apart from his size. No comparison to Söderblom in skating and mobility.

Don't look now but Carter Mazur - overager, 3rd round pick, and Michigan man - is absolutely dominating the  NCAA right now in his first college season. He's got 24 points in 22 games, good for 33rd in the NCAA overall (out of about 530 players) and 7th in U20 scoring.

Plays a lot like Bertuzzi. And based on the interview linked below he might be as dumb as Bert too.

Fer sure.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Don't look now but Carter Mazur - overager, 3rd round pick, and Michigan man - is absolutely dominating the  NCAA right now in his first college season. He's got 24 points in 22 games, good for 33rd in the NCAA overall (out of about 530 players) and 7th in U20 scoring.

Plays a lot like Bertuzzi. And based on the interview linked below he might be as dumb as Bert too.

Fer sure.

Lol

"Being drafted by an organization just like the red wings is an unreal feeling"

Carter... you know you were drafted by the ACTUAL red wings right?

Q: "Did you you have a favorite player growing up"
A: "Yeah, Darren Helm, and also I once got a stick signed by him, and yeah also I used to play for Kris Draper, and yeah also I'm glad I got drafted"

okay....

But yeah we don't pay this kid to read books and talk gud. Only wheel, snipe, celly. Is this the kid who was Kienan Drapers best friend or something? I don't mind the Draper nepotism if it pays off...

He played for Kris Draper, so he was probably Kienan's buddy. I don't know though.

In other overager news, my darkhorse for this year's draft is Rogle's Linus Sjodin. 19 year old, undrafted, playing in the SHL and performing well. Didn't get drafted last year, despite solid skill, because he was a midget. Then he grew about 3 inches and added 30 lbs. Would be a heck of a 3rd or 4th round pick.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would say we are still strong with all the Swedes, Sebrango, Tuomisto, Buium, Mastrosimone, and Cossa.

I don't think Tuomisto ever gets a contract with the Red Wings. Busterino. He plays like 10 minutes or less a night with Denver. His coaches don't trust him.

Shai Buium the younger on the other hand is logging heavy minutes for that team and is a go to guy on all ends of the ice.

Also checkout Bobby Brink. 2nd round pick by Philly, 20 years old. He's crushing the NCAA. Leading Denver scorer and leads all NCAA players in points. We took Tuomisto immediately after Brink in the 2019 draft.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

I don't think Tuomisto ever gets a contract with the Red Wings. Busterino. He plays like 10 minutes or less a night with Denver. His coaches don't trust him.

Shai Buium the younger on the other hand is logging heavy minutes for that team and is a go to guy on all ends of the ice.

Also checkout Bobby Brink. 2nd round pick by Philly, 20 years old. He's crushing the NCAA. Leading Denver scorer and leads all NCAA players in points. We took Tuomisto immediately after Brink in the 2019 draft.

Yah, good call.  I dont trust college crushing in general, but roll of the dice has to hqve one of them pan out...

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, good call.  I dont trust college crushing in general, but roll of the dice has to hqve one of them pan out...

I'm not even sure Tuomisto finishes his time at Denver. Maybe if he's a good student and wants a degree he will. Buium and a few other guys have already pushed him down the roster. I can see him fishing for a job in the Liiga soon.

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I'm not even sure Tuomisto finishes his time at Denver. Maybe if he's a good student and wants a degree he will. Buium and a few other guys have already pushed him down the roster. I can see him fishing for a job in the Liiga soon.

Tuomisto has zits anyways

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How long would his stick be? He could cover half the ice by himself.

There's an old graphic out there that shows just how easy it is for Chara to defend based on his size. He can defend the boards with his stick and in like one stride turn and defend the net with his stick. It's an insane advantage when you consider the size of the stick, stride length, and wingspan. It's almost a shame Soderblom isn't a defender.

Here comes Simon Edvinsson, the Red Wings top prospect rapidly rising through the SHL

Frölunda’s coach, Roger Rönnberg, has coached some pretty darn good young defenseman in his day. A few years back, he had No. 1 pick Rasmus Dahlin during his draft year. Before that, he had John Klingberg, Jonas Brodin and Adam Larsson as coach of Sweden’s world junior teams in the early 2010s. He’s seen what top young blue line talent looks like.

But ask him about Edvinsson’s rapid adjustment to the SHL game at just 18 — he turned 19 just a month ago — and even he has been wowed.

“He’s the best guy I have coached over my 30 years (at) that age, if I (look at) the whole package,” Rönnberg said. “His decision-making is one of the best I’ve ever seen, how he’s reading the game, how he is adjusting, how he is learning about the game. He’s so open-minded, he takes instructions (superbly): You tell him a thing once and he likes it and understands why, he does it. He (doesn’t) just understand it, he’s actually putting it on the tape, on the ice.”

And in particular, it’s what Edvinsson has done off the puck at such a young age that has elicited that response.

“It’s so rare to see,” Rönnberg said. “Because almost every time I have had a guy in his age playing defense, I have to teach him how to play defensive, without the puck. But Simon, you tell him once: ‘in that corner, you can use the stick like this, your hand like this,’ boom. He does it. Shift after shift after shift, he does it. You show him one clip of a bad gap, he adjusts, boom. Next shift, he plays with a good gap. It’s really fun to work with him. He’s so smart.”

Earlier this year, he took himself out of potential consideration for Sweden’s Olympic team, figuring he had already left once to go the world juniors. He wanted to stay with Frölunda, focus on his first pro season and chase a Swedish championship. Simple enough. The only thing was, he didn’t actually have a formal offer to be on the team yet. He said no before he was officially asked.

Absolute Chad.

27 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

>Call Olympic committee
>Tell them "No"
>Refuse to elaborate

Chadlife

The rest of that article could have been written about Seider. Yzerman certainly has a type. This kid is going to make the team at camp fersure now.

Time to start the Ed v Mo thread 

Edited by bIueadams