• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nyquist, Tatar, and Bertuzzi had not played a single NHL game at this point in their careers!

Yep and Zadina wouldnt be at this point either if he werent a 6oa pick. Chances are he would be dominating the ahl right now if he were a 2/3 rounder.

14 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Its bad enough that your weighing Zadinas value to his draft position even worse that your weighing his value to where the likes of Cory Wrongman had him ranked predraft.

Zadina is a 3rd line winger with still room to grow into 2nd line winger. Hes 22yo ffs.

He's a POS who's a borderline NHLer, if he was a college signing rather than a 6OA pick he'd be with Hirose in GR. 

His draft position has given him alot of runway... more than his pathetic play deserves. 

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I wanna be excited, but I am not sure he is more than a Nyquist type at the NHL level.

A pass first swedish winger who's been described as a perimeter player.  Sounds a lot like Nyquist to me.

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

A pass first swedish winger who's been described as a perimeter player.  Sounds a lot like Nyquist to me.

Nyquist was a PPG player in GR. Looked like an offensive dynamo when he first came into the NHL only to come back to earth and settle into a secondary 40-50 point scoring winger role.

Berggren is having a productive offensive season in GR. Not quite to a PPG level, but still impressive. I can see him making a splash initially in the NHL before settling into a similar role that Nyquist had in Detroit.

So, like I said, I want to be excited about the kid. But I am not sure he is more than a 0.5 PPG winger in the NHL (like Nyquist). Hope I am wrong.

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

lol

why is this personal to you?

He is desperate for validation. Sounds like a millenial.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Mazur, Buium, and Tuomisto are National Champions. These guys are the future, only guys in Detroit’s system that have ever won anything. Winners. Especially Mazur (pictured on the far right). Look at that Michigan man.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/LarsThorsell/status/1513143795872940032?s=20&t=Q2SOYBkImwfxGD75SvlZXg

Hakan confirms we signed Andreasson.

Mentions Soderblom first when asked about our prospects who have stood out. Says Edvinsson has Hedman potential as well.

Says Kronwall will decide which prospects are ready to come over this summer. Also tells funny story about Kronwall from his playing days. Kron was training with a Swedish team one summer and the coach called Hakan to say the Red Wings ruined him and his physical testing is awful. Turns out Kronwall was doing the Swedish teams training program AND the Wings training program on his own time daily. Not realizing he was supposed to stop the Wings program in favor of the Swedish program. Beast.

20 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I wanna be excited, but I am not sure he is more than a Nyquist type at the NHL level.

Did Nyquist start sucking all of a sudden? I’d be thrilled if Berggren was at least that good. Would make him miles better than the two guys we picked before him that year.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Did Nyquist start sucking all of a sudden? I’d be thrilled if Berggren was at least that good. Would make him miles better than the two guys we picked before him that year.

No. Nyquist is a consistent 45ish point player. That's fine, but I was hoping that Berggren (who was also talked about as a 1st round player before the draft) would be a 60-70 point player in the NHL BECAUSE we didn't get that with Zadina or Veleno. Its not very often you get 3 first rounders in the same draft, so I will be disappointed if all 3 of them turn out to be secondary players.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LarsThorsell/status/1513143795872940032?s=20&t=Q2SOYBkImwfxGD75SvlZXg

Hakan confirms we signed Andreasson.

Mentions Soderblom first when asked about our prospects who have stood out. Says Edvinsson has Hedman potential as well.

Says Kronwall will decide which prospects are ready to come over this summer. Also tells funny story about Kronwall from his playing days. Kron was training with a Swedish team one summer and the coach called Hakan to say the Red Wings ruined him and his physical testing is awful. Turns out Kronwall was doing the Swedish teams training program AND the Wings training program on his own time daily. Not realizing he was supposed to stop the Wings program in favor of the Swedish program. Beast.

Andreasson will not be on the Wings roster this season as he would have to pass thru waivers first. He doesnt have to next season. He also signed a 2way contract which makes me think he may not be anything more than a depth bottom 6 forward. 

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No. Nyquist is a consistent 45ish point player. That's fine, but I was hoping that Berggren (who was also talked about as a 1st round player before the draft) would be a 60-70 point player in the NHL BECAUSE we didn't get that with Zadina or Veleno. Its not very often you get 3 first rounders in the same draft, so I will be disappointed if all 3 of them turn out to be secondary players.

Andreasson will not be on the Wings roster this season as he would have to pass thru waivers first. He doesnt have to next season. He also signed a 2way contract which makes me think he may not be anything more than a depth bottom 6 forward. 

Yes, let's slap those expectations on Berggren now so everyone can turn on him as well. 

I think there are a couple of pretty important differences between the two. Nyquist played his first full season in GR after playing 3 seasons of North American hockey at Maine, and being relatively healthy. He also walked onto a Calder Cup caliber team that was loaded with NHL prospects. Berggren missed almost two full years of development post NHL-draft, played one healthy (and productive) season in Sweden where he was a top player in a top league (something Nyquist has never done at any age), and then came to play his first year in North America and joined an absolutely terrible GR team loaded with journeyman AHLers.

I'd agree that there are some similarities in their games, but I'd argue that Nyquist is probably toward the lower end of what Berggren will be. I'd also argue that if Berggren became a 50-55 point NHLer, but about 35-40 of those points were assists he'd still be a SUPER valuable player. Some people compare Berggren to Viktor Arvidsson, which I think is probably a bit generous in terms of goal scoring. He reminds me a lot of Ales Hemsky, or like Val Filppula when he played on the wing.

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If you dont like Zadina, you are not going to like Berggren.  Imagine the same exact player, but add lazy and sucks.

Tell me how you've never watched Berggren play without saying you have never watched Berggren play.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Tell me how you've never watched Berggren play without saying you have never watched Berggren play.

Peeimeter player just like Zadina.  No straight line hockey.  No board batles won.  No dirty goals.  JUST LIKE ZADINA.  You like whipping Zadina?  Get ready to REALLY like whipping this Softy Swede.  He's handsome, at least.

I forgot to mention Zadina is only 8 mos older than Berggren and has 160 games of NHL experience.  Cant wait for Berggren to bring his AHL minus 22 up to the NHL so we can see him get manhandled.  Lets see how his "playmaking abilities" check out on a 4th line with Erne and Stephens with 7 minutes of ice time.  Im sure he'll tear it up.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I forgot to mention Zadina is only 8 mos older than Berggren and has 160 games of NHL experience.  Cant wait for Berggren to bring his AHL minus 22 up to the NHL so we can see him get manhandled.  Lets see how his "playmaking abilities" check out on a 4th line with Erne and Stephens with 7 minutes of ice time.  Im sure he'll tear it up.

Im not sure I fully agree with your assessment on Berg but ^this^ hits hard.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Im not sure I fully agree with your assessment on Berg but ^this^ hits hard.

yup.  

"oh, but Berggren has had injuries and its delayed his development and ..."

yup.

being a soft injury prone Euro isnt a good thing.  Doesn't do the Red Wings much good if you dont prepare your body for the rigors of the NHL and miss 3/4 of a season because another player shoulder checked you at half speed and separated your non developed shoulder.  What you do in the off season and how you train is all part of being a pro.  Im betting Berggren has a hard time making it thru next year as a Red Wing if he makes the team.