• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Continue drafting and developing the Swedes!

I have family in Boden. I wish I could make the trip across the pond to see Frolunda play in Lulea but unfortunately being a poor college kid wont allow it.

Whatre you studying?

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Continue drafting and developing the Swedes!

I have family in Boden. I wish I could make the trip across the pond to see Frolunda play in Lulea but unfortunately being a poor college kid wont allow it.

Boden is pretty based

Edited by Akakabuto

First look at Andreasson: he's very fast, and plays fast too. He's definitely got transitional/puck transporting value going forward. He hasn't show too much skill (yet) but that's probably because Frolunda's defense is pretty good, no space out there. He's also not small per se, but he definitely need to see the weight room more in order to hang on to the puck in the NHL.

Also, Niederbach sucks. Thin, slow, plays with zero pace. He's a reasonably clever player, nifty with his dekes and passes, but he'll get eaten alive in the AHL even, unless he gets MUCH stronger (and therefore quicker) in this lower body. He's a puss.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

First look at Andreasson: he's very fast, and plays fast too. He's definitely got transitional/puck transporting value going forward. He hasn't show too much skill (yet) but that's probably because Frolunda's defense is pretty good, no space out there. He's also not small per se, but he definitely need to see the weight room more in order to hang on to the puck in the NHL.

Also, Niederbach sucks. Thin, slow, plays with zero pace. He's a reasonably clever player, nifty with his dekes and passes, but he'll get eaten alive in the AHL even, unless he gets MUCH stronger (and therefore quicker) in this lower body. He's a puss.

This was my same thoughts on Pontus. Very fast. Not at all afraid to drive play and rush to scoring areas. He's basically an upgraded version of Brome that is also younger.

I've never been impressed with Niederbach. But have kept him out of my mouth, hoping a 51st pick shows some progress. He's very boring to watch - which isn't always bad per say, but he does nothing impressive to me. Gonna keep hoping that he is just young and this is a transition year for him to the SHL. I worry the Wings have tunnel vision on Frolunda prospects.

6 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Lulea up 3-1 over Frolunda, Saturday could be Frolunda's last game. And then Yzerman signs Edvinsson and Soderblom to their ELCs.

If GR was going to make the playoffs Id be excited about this. Since there not I hope Frolunda can turn things around and go on a run.

Yzerman will be signing Soderblom and Edvinsson and probly Wallinder this summer anyway.

3 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

If GR was going to make the playoffs Id be excited about this. Since there not I hope Frolunda can turn things around and go on a run.

Yzerman will be signing Soderblom and Edvinsson and probly Wallinder this summer anyway.

I really hope Evinsson, Wallinder, and Soderblom make the big club next year.  No reason to waste time on the Osterles and Juolevis of the hockey world any more.  Let those guys go and be mediocre elsewhere.  They're just costing our kids experience.

13 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I really hope Evinsson, Wallinder, and Soderblom make the big club next year.  No reason to waste time on the Osterles and Juolevis of the hockey world any more.  Let those guys go and be mediocre elsewhere.  They're just costing our kids experience.

It depends on what happens on May 10. If we win the draft lottery and take Wright Yzerman should jumpstart this rebuild. sign Forsberg trade for Chychrun.

If we dont win the draft lottery we need to be bad enough next season to have a shot at Bedard. In this case resign Gagner and Staal hell even top pair Dekeyser for another season.

16 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

It depends on what happens on May 10. If we win the draft lottery and take Wright Yzerman should jumpstart this rebuild. sign Forsberg trade for Chychrun.

If we dont win the draft lottery we need to be bad enough next season to have a shot at Bedard. In this case resign Gagner and Staal hell even top pair Dekeyser for another season.

I don't think a lottery win this year impacts things in any way tbh. I think we get our top 10 pick this year, whether it's 1/2 or not, and a top 10 pick next year. THEN the playoff push will begin. 

I would love to see a Chychrun trade though. But have it centered around a top 10 protected 2023 draft pick. Obviously, it would take a lot more than that, but we know for a fact a first-rounder has to be included.

I still think a 3-way trade that involves us moving Bert would be a nice way of landing Chychrun that could allow the Wings to retain all first-round picks. I'm not one who wants to see Bert moved for the sake of it, but if the right opportunity presents itself...

14 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I don't think a lottery win this year impacts things in any way tbh. I think we get our top 10 pick this year, whether it's 1/2 or not, and a top 10 pick next year. THEN the playoff push will begin. 

I would love to see a Chychrun trade though. But have it centered around a top 10 protected 2023 draft pick. Obviously, it would take a lot more than that, but we know for a fact a first-rounder has to be included.

I still think a 3-way trade that involves us moving Bert would be a nice way of landing Chychrun that could allow the Wings to retain all first-round picks. I'm not one who wants to see Bert moved for the sake of it, but if the right opportunity presents itself...

A lottery win would have a big impact unless you dont think Wright will be an impact player.

If we add Wright Edvinsson any possibly Soderblom this offseason I dont think were in the running for a top10 pick next year.

A FA signing and trade on top of that and we could be a playoff team imo.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Let's see what we have with Edvinsson, Wallinder, and Johansson before trading for another young dman. Giving up Bertuzzi, or another forward, and creating a hole at forward, in order to fill a position that may not need to be filled, seems premature.

Agreed, just sign two mid-level lefties in FA rather than giving up assets in trade.

40 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Niederbach is signing with Rögle for next season.

Meaning we likely won't have any prospects in Frolunda next season unless we draft one this year

Edited by TLGTrico