• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That sounds good and all, but unless we’ve got 3 or 4 blue chippers on defense we are cooked.

Wait…What’s that? 

*checks notes*

We have some dudes named Edvinsson, Johansson, and Wallinder too? 

Well that seems good, eh?

NHL

Hronek, Seider, Oesterle, Lindstrom

AHL

Sebrango, Barton, McIsaac, Newpower

Incoming

Edvinsson, Johansson, Viro, Cotton

There was talk about bringing over all 3 of Eddog, Johansson, and Viro at the presser. We have to lockup Cotton within the next month or so too. There seems to be a logistical problem here. How are we going to sign UFAs? 6 spots in Detroit. 6 spots in GR. Are we sending Cotton/Barton/Newpower to Toledo? 

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

NHL

Hronek, Seider, Oesterle, Lindstrom

AHL

Sebrango, Barton, McIsaac, Newpower

Incoming

Edvinsson, Johansson, Viro, Cotton

There was talk about bringing over all 3 of Eddog, Johansson, and Viro at the presser. We have to lockup Cotton within the next month or so too. There seems to be a logistical problem here. How are we going to sign UFAs? 6 spots in Detroit. 6 spots in GR. Are we sending Cotton/Barton/Newpower to Toledo? 

If we draft Jiricek and bring back Staal:

Edvinsson - Seider

Johansson - Hronek

Juolevi - Lindstrom

McIssac - Jiricek

Johansson - Tuomosto

Wallinder - Plandowski

Senbango - Cotton

Buium - Newpower

Viro - Barton

Aucoin - Moore

Walman - Staal

1 minute ago, mackel said:

My question is where does Cossa play next season...  GR? he's eligible to play another year in the WHL... he's dominating the playoff so far.

Might be a Ras situation. He has nothing left to gain from juniors. He is eligible for GR and under contract so we can put him there if we want.

Ned, Holtby, JVP, Cossa, Fulcher

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Cotton has 14 pts in 8 WHL playoff games so far. 5 goals as a Dman. Say what you want about his skating and his defense, this kid can score. I think he's worth signing just to explore this. His scoring ability can't be ignored. He'll get picked up by another team willing to test him out. 

Switch him to rw and he has a shot in our bottom6. As awful as our rd depth is I dont see him making it as a d.

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Berggren sets records for the Griffins and looks poised to make the Red Wings next year. Soderblom looks better than Berggren at the World's. Elmer might turn into a mega impact player for us. 

Trade Bert get a haul and throw Soderbeast in that 1lw spot. Elite.

Im not sure if it was here or twitter but I real like the idea of Bert for Necas to solidify that 2C spot.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

That sounds good and all, but unless we’ve got 3 or 4 blue chippers on defense we are cooked.

Wait…What’s that? 

*checks notes*

We have some dudes named Edvinsson, Johansson, and Wallinder too? 

Well that seems good, eh?

Mcisaac Sebrango Barton Cotton are Smith Sproul Ouelet Marchenko. Seider Edvinsson Wallinder Johansson are Lidstrom Konstantinov Fischer Kronwall. Lets just hope for better health.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we draft Jiricek and bring back Staal:

Edvinsson - Seider

Johansson - Hronek

Juolevi - Lindstrom

McIssac - Jiricek

Johansson - Tuomosto

Wallinder - Plandowski

Senbango - Cotton

Buium - Newpower

Viro - Barton

Aucoin - Moore

Walman - Staal

1/2 will never play a game in the NHL another 1/4 wont be Red Wings in the next few seasons the other 1/4 - all we need - will be in the hof.

8 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Switch him to rw and he has a shot in our bottom6. As awful as our rd depth is I dont see him making it as a d.

Trade Bert get a haul and throw Soderbeast in that 1lw spot. Elite.

Im not sure if it was here or twitter but I real like the idea of Bert for Necas to solidify that 2C spot.

Mcisaac Sebrango Barton Cotton are Smith Sproul Ouelet Marchenko. Seider Edvinsson Wallinder Johansson are Lidstrom Konstantinov Fischer Kronwall. Lets just hope for better health.

Edvinsson - Cotton

Could be a beautiful future pairing. Eddog is the stud holding down the pairing so Cotton can do his thing and score 60+ pts as Dman essentially acting as a 4th forward. It could work. 

1 minute ago, bIueadams said:

Edvinsson - Cotton

Could be a beautiful future pairing. Eddog is the stud holding down the pairing so Cotton can do his thing and score 60+ pts as Dman essentially acting as a 4th forward. It could work. 

I dont see it but I also dont see Edvinsson as the same player as you do. He is the guy scoring 60+pts. Ed might not ve as well rounded as Seider but hes going to be better offensively which is scary to think about.

5 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

I dont see it but I also dont see Edvinsson as the same player as you do. He is the guy scoring 60+pts. Ed might not ve as well rounded as Seider but hes going to be better offensively which is scary to think about.

Yes, we disagree. Edvinsson is not nearly the offensive stud that Seider is IMO. Seider will be a 60-70 pt dman no matter who you pair him with. Eddog will be a 40-50 pt Dman if you pair him with a guy like Cotton. 

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Yes, we disagree. Edvinsson is not nearly the offensive stud that Seider is IMO. Seider will be a 60-70 pt dman no matter who you pair him with. Eddog will be a 40-50 pt Dman if you pair him with a guy like Cotton. 

You actualy think Cotton has a chance to be a top4d? I think hes Ryan Sproul 2.0 but maybe he could be Marty Frk 2.0.

Imo Ed-Mo should be the top pair for the next 15+yrs logging 30+mins/gp racking up 125+pts between them every season torturing opponents offensively defensively physically emotionally.

39 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

You actualy think Cotton has a chance to be a top4d? I think hes Ryan Sproul 2.0 but maybe he could be Marty Frk 2.0.

Imo Ed-Mo should be the top pair for the next 15+yrs logging 30+mins/gp racking up 125+pts between them every season torturing opponents offensively defensively physically emotionally.

I don't know if Cotton will ever be an NHL dman. But knowing his strengths and faults (which are extreme) I think if he ever becomes an NHL dman he should probably be paired with a stud who can hide/cover those faults and allow him to play his game.

I highly doubt Seider and Edvinsson spend much time paired together. It's much smarter to spread their talent across 2 pairings and roll them. Exactly why Zetterberg and Datsyuk were separated more often than not. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

I don't know if Cotton will ever be an NHL dman. But knowing his strengths and faults (which are extreme) I think if he ever becomes an NHL dman he should probably be paired with a stud who can hide/cover those faults and allow him to play his game.

I highly doubt Seider and Edvinsson spend much time paired together. It's much smarter to spread their talent across 2 pairings and roll them. Exactly why Zetterberg and Datsyuk were separated more often than not. 

This

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Bad example. The last time we won the cup in 2008 Zetterberg and Datsyuk played together. Z and D played together more often then not especially in the early years along Holmstrom and later Cleary Big Bert and Abdelkader. The Euro twins never should have been split and only were because of big brain Babcock.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Chelios and Lidstrom, 2 future HOF, didnt play together, except for some PK. Seider and Edvinsson will most likely be split up as neither needs an elite partner. And having them on separate pairs allows for one or the other to be in the ice for most of the game.

Another bad example. Lidstrom didnt play much with Chelios but played alot with Coffey and Murphy 2 hof and Schneider and Rafalski not hof but great d.

On this current Red Wings team it might be smart to split up 2 best d but if were as deep as we expect to be on d I can see Ed-Mo playing alot together to form the best d pair in the league like the 90s/00 Red Wings.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Bad example. The last time we won the cup in 2008 Zetterberg and Datsyuk played together. Z and D played together more often then not especially in the early years along Holmstrom and later Cleary Big Bert and Abdelkader. The Euro twins never should have been split and only were because of big brain Babcock.

Another bad example. Lidstrom didnt play much with Chelios but played alot with Coffey and Murphy 2 hof and Schneider and Rafalski not hof but great d.

On this current Red Wings team it might be smart to split up 2 best d but if were as deep as we expect to be on d I can see Ed-Mo playing alot together to form the best d pair in the league like the 90s/00 Red Wings.

Its not a bad example. Early in his career, Lidstrom did play with Coffey. But that was also before Lids had fully developed into one of the best dmen of all time. And when you look at the other defenseman on those rosters, Coffey was the only D partner that made sense at the time. Ramsey, Bergevin, Pushor, Rouse, Eriksson: all were 3rd pair D. The other 2 were Fetisov and Konstantinov. Lidstrom and Coffey werent paired together because they were the 2 best D on the team. It's arguable that they weren't the 2 best D on those teams anyway.

After the trade to Detroit, Chelios rarely played with Lids. At the time, Lidstrom was paired with Larry Murphy. Who although being only a year older than Chelios, had obviously had significantly more age related decline than Chelios. After Murphy retired, and before Chelios left the team, Lidstrom played with Mathieu Dandenault, Frederick Olausson, Dmitri Bykov, Mathieu Schneider, Danny Markov, and Brian Rafalski. Even Andreas Lilja played more with Lids than Chelios.

My point: Lidstrom was rarely paired as a "dynamic duo" throughout most of his career. Chelios was, at times, a better player than whoever Lids D partner was. And vice versa. Lids and Chelios are arguably among the best NHL defenseman of all time. And yet they were rarely paired together despite playing on the same team.

Seider and Edvinsson may not be the next Lidstrom and Chelios. But they will both presumably be elite, dynamic defenseman as well. I suspect, and would hope, that whoever the new coach is, plays them on separate pairs in order to maximize the defense corp.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its not a bad example. Early in his career, Lidstrom did play with Coffey. But that was also before Lids had fully developed into one of the best dmen of all time. And when you look at the other defenseman on those rosters, Coffey was the only D partner that made sense at the time. Ramsey, Bergevin, Pushor, Rouse, Eriksson: all were 3rd pair D. The other 2 were Fetisov and Konstantinov. Lidstrom and Coffey werent paired together because they were the 2 best D on the team. It's arguable that they weren't the 2 best D on those teams anyway.

After the trade to Detroit, Chelios rarely played with Lids. At the time, Lidstrom was paired with Larry Murphy. Who although being only a year older than Chelios, had obviously had significantly more age related decline than Chelios. After Murphy retired, and before Chelios left the team, Lidstrom played with Mathieu Dandenault, Frederick Olausson, Dmitri Bykov, Mathieu Schneider, Danny Markov, and Brian Rafalski. Even Andreas Lilja played more with Lids than Chelios.

My point: Lidstrom was rarely paired as a "dynamic duo" throughout most of his career. Chelios was, at times, a better player than whoever Lids D partner was. And vice versa. Lids and Chelios are arguably among the best NHL defenseman of all time. And yet they were rarely paired together despite playing on the same team.

Seider and Edvinsson may not be the next Lidstrom and Chelios. But they will both presumably be elite, dynamic defenseman as well. I suspect, and would hope, that whoever the new coach is, plays them on separate pairs in order to maximize the defense corp.

Your way to hung up on Chelios not playing with Lidstrom and dismissing all the other greats that he played with throughout his career. Maybe Lids and Cheli just didnt click. Who knows. As good as Cheli was here its not like he was the elite 60-70pt d that played in Montreal and Chicago. His best season in Detroit he didnt top 40pts.

What does before Lidstrom had been fully developed have to do with anything? Seider and Edvinsson arent fully developed either. Lidstrom and Coffey def were the top 2 d on those teams. Same with Lidstrom and Murphy and Lidstrom and Schneider and Lidstrom and Rafalski.

There arent even 3rd pair d on this team its Seider and a bunch of replacement level AHL d. Im not against splitting up Ed-Mo but no one should be against at least trying them together. Seider is the youngest rhd on the team but theres no one else Id rather Edvinsson learn from and lean on to start his NHL career.

6 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Your way to hung up on Chelios not playing with Lidstrom and dismissing all the other greats that he played with throughout his career. Maybe Lids and Cheli just didnt click. Who knows. As good as Cheli was here its not like he was the elite 60-70pt d that played in Montreal and Chicago. His best season in Detroit he didnt top 40pts.

What does before Lidstrom had been fully developed have to do with anything? Seider and Edvinsson arent fully developed either. Lidstrom and Coffey def were the top 2 d on those teams. Same with Lidstrom and Murphy and Lidstrom and Schneider and Lidstrom and Rafalski.

There arent even 3rd pair d on this team its Seider and a bunch of replacement level AHL d. Im not against splitting up Ed-Mo but no one should be against at least trying them together. Seider is the youngest rhd on the team but theres no one else Id rather Edvinsson learn from and lean on to start his NHL career.

I'm not opposed to Edvinsson pairing with Seider to start his career and learn. But if Eddog is Hedman and Seider is Pronger you don't play them together. You split them to cover 50 minutes of ice time instead of 25. Pairing two studs and rolling an inferior Hronek 2nd line is just foolish. 

9 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I'm not opposed to Edvinsson pairing with Seider to start his career and learn. But if Eddog is Hedman and Seider is Pronger you don't play them together. You split them to cover 50 minutes of ice time instead of 25. Pairing two studs and rolling an inferior Hronek 2nd line is just foolish. 

Depnds on how elite that top pair is and what we have behind them. Still alot of ?s. Id still like to see them paired together at least to start.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

What greats? Dandenault? Bykov? Markov? Olausson? Lidstrom played most of his career with good, but not elite defenseman. That's my point. There is no need to play 2 D of that caliber together. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

But if Eddog is Hedman and Seider is Pronger you don't play them together. You split them to cover 50 minutes of ice time instead of 25.

Exactly.

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What greats? Dandenault? Bykov? Markov? Olausson? Lidstrom played most of his career with good, but not elite defenseman. That's my point. There is no need to play 2 D of that caliber together. 

Exactly.

Even when Lidstrom did play with Rafalski, which wasn't all the time. It was because we had a killer 2nd pairing in Kronwall and Stuart. That was arguably the best 2nd pairing in the league at that time. 

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I already listed the greats but here they are again since you somehow missed it. Coffey Murphy Schneider Rafalski. Each played the better part of 4 seasons with Lidstrom combining for approx 16 seasons. Dandenault Bykov Markov Olausson? Your reaching HARD. Dandenault played more forward in his time in Detroit then he did defense paired with Lids. The other 3 played 1 season each combining for less gp then any 1 of the 4 I mentioned.

No need to play 2 d of that caliber together? Aside from the 4 Lidstrom pairings I already mentioned theres Coffey-Murphy Bourque/Blake Pronger-Macinnis Niedermayer-Stevens Niedermayer-Pronger Suter-Weber Muzzin-Doughty to name a few and Toews-Makar going now. Im sure there are alot more eg.........

35 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Even when Lidstrom did play with Rafalski, which wasn't all the time. It was because we had a killer 2nd pairing in Kronwall and Stuart. That was arguably the best 2nd pairing in the league at that time. 

Lets hope we have another killer 2pair. We def have the prospects that could get there. Im big on Wallinder/Johansson. Hronek is still only 24yo has been .5pt/gp d since he entered the league 4 years ago with room to grow.

6 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

I already listed the greats but here they are again since you somehow missed it. Coffey Murphy Schneider Rafalski. Each played the better part of 4 seasons with Lidstrom combining for approx 16 seasons. Dandenault Bykov Markov Olausson? Your reaching HARD. Dandenault played more forward in his time in Detroit then he did defense paired with Lids. The other 3 played 1 season each combining for less gp then any 1 of the 4 I mentioned.

No need to play 2 d of that caliber together? Aside from the 4 Lidstrom pairings I already mentioned theres Coffey-Murphy Bourque/Blake Pronger-Macinnis Niedermayer-Stevens Niedermayer-Pronger Suter-Weber Muzzin-Doughty to name a few and Toews-Makar going now. Im sure there are alot more eg.........

Lets hope we have another killer 2pair. We def have the prospects that could get there. Im big on Wallinder/Johansson. Hronek is still only 24yo has been .5pt/gp d since he entered the league 4 years ago with room to grow.

I remember them in this order:

Rouse

Murphy

Duchesne

Chelios

Rafalski

Quincey

White

Smith

11 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Norris and Vezina trophy finalists have been announced. When do know who the Calder finalists are?

You already know who the Calder Finalists are: Seider, Zegras, and Bunting. It's just not official yet.