• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Id bet its more of a personality issue.

I was a Walstud fan at the draft. I doubt his issues are technique or technical. He is SOUND in those departments. The defination of textbook technique goalie. 

On the other hand i was really impressed by Cossas personality after being drafted. He is smart, charismatic, and confident. Shades of Seider.

SY made it apparent he was gunning for key players with strong character to be the bed rock of this new era. Id bet Cossas personality set him apart - whereas walnuts likely had the same boring stoic personality of every other blue collar swede. 

Cossas a goof Canadian. Id rather the stoic Swede. Also good friend of Edvinsson. SY isnt infallible unfortunately made a big mistake on this one.

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Id bet its more of a personality issue.

I was a Walstud fan at the draft. I doubt his issues are technique or technical. He is SOUND in those departments. The defination of textbook technique goalie. 

On the other hand i was really impressed by Cossas personality after being drafted. He is smart, charismatic, and confident. Shades of Seider.

SY made it apparent he was gunning for key players with strong character to be the bed rock of this new era. Id bet Cossas personality set him apart - whereas walnuts likely had the same boring stoic personality of every other blue collar swede. 

I think ur right. I do remember SY saying something about the interview when he drafted him.

SY puts a lot of stock in the player interviews. He did it with Seider and Kasper too IIRC.

14 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

It could be just that Draper was banging the table harder for Cossa and maybe Hakan didnt have much of an opinion on the 2 goalies. Im sure there are Swedes that HA wants at every single pick but SY/KD obv arent taking all Swedes every draft.

possibly, but IMO, taking a player in the 1st round, whether 4th or 15th, all scouts involved are probably asked. I do not know who the Western Canada scout is, but if #15 overall is potentially a Swedish player, odds are Hakan knows more about him than anyone!

On 8/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No Euro Captain ever won a Stanley Cup until...

Who is Henrik Zetterberg.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

not sure if ur serious, but it was Lidstrom, dude

Wrong dude, Lidstrom was never the Captain when the Wings won their 4 Stanley Cups. 3 cups were under Yzerman as Captain and the 4th cup was with Zetterberg as Captain. Look it up.

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Who is Henrik Zetterberg.

Wrong dude, Lidstrom was never the Captain when the Wings won their 4 Stanley Cups. 3 cups were under Yzerman as Captain and the 4th cup was with Zetterberg as Captain. Look it up.

Sorry dude....even a pic of the Perfect Human holding the cup in 2008 to help you visualize it 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/10/03/champion-captains-every-stanley-cup-winning-captain-since-1917/3858715002/

On 8/10/2022 at 11:48 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why are u doing this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicklas_Lidström

Lidström was the first European-born-and-trained captain of a Stanley Cup-winning team,

Are you denying that Zetterberg won the cup? Bc - check ur facts: He did. And also captained this team.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:50 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Guy Lafleur was born in France, but trained in Canada.  So doesnt count.

Christ so technically Zberg wasnt even the first

32 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Foderev would have been the first Russian captain.

Federov was never captain dude. 

On 8/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

Sorry dude....even a pic of the Perfect Human holding the cup in 2008 to help you visualize it 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/10/03/champion-captains-every-stanley-cup-winning-captain-since-1917/3858715002/

My bad, I guess Zeterberg became Captain after Lidstrom retired.

Yzerman knows something (else) that Holland didn't. Canadian Junior hockey leagues aren't producing the best NHL caliber prospects anymore. There's been a noticeable shift away from the CHL to the SHL and USHL under Yzerman.

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/08/13/anatomy-of-the-yzerplan-holland-vs-yzerman-red-wings-drafts/

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yzerman knows something (else) that Holland didn't. Canadian Junior hockey leagues aren't producing the best NHL caliber prospects anymore. There's been a noticeable shift away from the CHL to the SHL and USHL under Yzerman.

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/08/13/anatomy-of-the-yzerplan-holland-vs-yzerman-red-wings-drafts/

Just another reason SY shoulda taken Wallstedt over Cossa. 

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

We will have to wait to see.  The lineups of Colorado, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburg, Washington, Chicago. and LA (last 10 years of cup champions) have had exactly TWO Swedes (Backstrom and Hedman).  I think it's a bit early to start proclaiming Sweden the talent factory.