• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Loads of potential for Edvonsson, but I do feel a little time with the Griffs would do him well. 

I love seeing dmen jump up into offense, but he sometimes does it for VERY low percentage plays. He also gets a little too casual out there from time to time. 

A little more seasoning for him. Even then he won't come in and make the immediate impact Seider did. 

Agreed, Edvinsson needs some time in GR. His defensive game is on point, but his offensive game lacks maturity and he needs to work on his shot. Of the two I'd say Albert Johansson is more NHL ready to be honest. I love that guy.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, Edvinsson needs some time in GR. His defensive game is on point, but his offensive game lacks maturity and he needs to work on his shot. Of the two I'd say Albert Johansson is more NHL ready to be honest. I love that guy.

I said the same thing in a convo yesterday and was called crazy haha. That kid is just all-around solid, and I can definitely see him being the first to crack the lineup. 

This defense is gonna be elite in a few years led by Seider and the Swedes. Edvinsson Johansson Wallinder dont sleep on the other Johansson either. Anton might be a player reminds me of a rh Wallinder. Big mobile defense Red Wings are gonna be a hard team to play against again real soon.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:12 PM, bIueadams said:

Soderblom is gonna be on this team very soon isnt he?

Ya Bert better hold on tight cuz Soderblom is coming for his spot on that top line.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

I said the same thing in a convo yesterday and was called crazy haha. That kid is just all-around solid, and I can definitely see him being the first to crack the lineup. 

This isn't the first time I've seen Johansson do this either. He threw a lot of big hits in the SHL playoffs last year too.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Watched this live.  He cranked him good.

He's already an awesome skater and has really good skill (particularly passing). If he can get up to about 190-195 lbs I think he's a real threat in the NHL.

8 minutes ago, Z and D for the C said:

Have the prospects tournaments always been just the "round robin" and no actual tournament at the end? I always thought there was the tournament portion - I guess I was always just making things up or imagining them?

The format changed because a bunch of teams dropped out because of the pandemic and/or started their own prospects tournaments.

4 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Hate to say it but Edvinsson still doesn't look ready.

This. It looks like the smaller ice has led to him needing to be quicker with his decision-making. Best he figures that out in GR.

I do feel Soderblom makes the roster. He's just too good. Also would not be surprised to see Johansson crack the third pair with all the injuries on the blue line.