• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Bud, you REALLY need to pay attention. Last game, against the Pens on 10/3, Raymond and Vrana combined for ZERO points. neither the box score, nor the "statcards" I posted above suggest they were good in that game. So I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on here? The game before that, when they combined for 4 points against the Blackhawks they WERE the best players on the ice and both the box scores and the "statcards" I posted above support that.

You're right, stats don't lie. You clearly don't have a clue though. Hard to imagine why I don't put any faith in the eyeball test though.

The only 1 with a point between Ed and Jo is Big Ed. Stats dont lie. What else doesnt lie is deployment by the coach. Edvinsson is trusted more in all situations for good reason hes the better player.

13 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

The only 1 with a point between Ed and Jo is Big Ed. Stats dont lie. What else doesnt lie is deployment by the coach. Edvinsson is trusted more in all situations for good reason hes the better player.

This. And it's night and day.  It's not like Lindstrom vs. Hronek.  It's like Lindstrom vs. Seider.  Johansson will not start over Edvinsson based on skill EVER in his career.  Edvinsson is superior in every single aspect of the game.  Kip is like one of these Cade NcNamara fanboys trying to say Cade should start because of his "game management" abilities.  Nope.

22 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This. And it's night and day.  It's not like Lindstrom vs. Hronek.  It's like Lindstrom vs. Seider.  Johansson will not start over Edvinsson based on skill EVER in his career.  Edvinsson is superior in every single aspect of the game.  Kip is like one of these Cade NcNamara fanboys trying to say Cade should start because of his "game management" abilities.  Nope.

I mostly agree except for the disparity between the 2. There is a gap imo but I dont think its large. Its clear Edvinsson is ahead based on usage paired with nhlers while Johansson paired with ahlers.

Edvinsson was absolutely out to lunch pretty much the whole game. In the highlights package below you can see him getting beat pretty bad 1:15, 4:15, 6:15, 7:32 (of the video, not the game). Three of those ended in goals, one should have.

53 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Edvinsson was absolutely out to lunch pretty much the whole game. In the highlights package below you can see him getting beat pretty bad 1:15, 4:15, 6:15, 7:32 (of the video, not the game). Three of those ended in goals, one should have.

He shouldnt be rewarded with a roster spot for this kinda play. Hes gonna up like lazy Mantha. 

Makes one appreciate just how good Seider is...

Fully agree, he needs to be in GR to clean up his game. Defense is hard and he's really really young. My overall thoughts on his long term projections remain the same, but he's very obviously not ready for the NHL.

24 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The team has had shyte defensemen for 10 years.  We get a blue chip prospect and fans want him in the minors.  Go figure.

Yeah. I'm OOsting right now.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The team has had shyte defensemen for 10 years.  We get a blue chip prospect and fans want him in the minors.  Go figure.

Fans don't want his development botched by putting him in the NHL too quickly. Yzerman is gonna look out for what's in the best interest of the team in the long term. 

Johansson doesn't have the level of skill Edvinsson has. But he plays a much more well-rounded game at this stage and should be the one to win the roster spot for opening night. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Fans don't want his development botched by putting him in the NHL too quickly.

HERESAY

Yzerman is gonna look out for what's in the best interest of the team in the long term. 

TRUE.

Johansson doesn't have the level of skill Edvinsson has.

TRUE 

But he plays a much more well-rounded game at this stage and should be the one to win the roster spot for opening night. 

FALSE

Get used to Eddog.  He's awesome!

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Get used to Eddog.  He's awesome!

Edvinsson is currently a disaster in his own zone, and that s*** has to be worked on. 

It's possible to think he is a great prospect while also thinking he needs a little refinement in the AHL. It shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Edvinsson is currently a disaster in his own zone, and that s*** has to be worked on. 

It's possible to think he is a great prospect while also thinking he needs a little refinement in the AHL. It shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.

It's also possible to KNOW that the AWESOME #6 oa pick prospect needing refinement to go from being a more than serviceable NHL regular 3rd pairing guy to NHL all-star is much better than a 2nd round pick needing refinement to go from playing top line in Grand Rapids to cracking the NHL club's roster.

Marc, Edvinsson is a blue chip prospect.  He's superlative.  What youre saying right now is the equivalent of the Red Wings sending Yzerman down to GR in 1984-1985.  Not happening.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

It's also possible to KNOW that the AWESOME #6 oa pick prospect needing refinement to go from being a more than serviceable NHL regular 3rd pairing guy to NHL all-star is much better than a 2nd round pick needing refinement to go from playing top line in Grand Rapids to cracking the NHL club's roster.

Marc, Edvinsson is a blue chip prospect.  He's superlative.  What youre saying right now is the equivalent of the Red Wings sending Yzerman down to GR in 1984-1985.  Not happening.

Serviceable 3rd pairing dmen tend to be capable in their own zone.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Eddog made the team.  Woooooi!!!!

Give him a year to wreck it in the AHL keep learning the system etc. Then next year he is probably in the bigs. There is no disgrace in that approach plus might make him more hungry.

Forgot about Hagg...https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2022/10/robert-hagg-joins-group-vying-for-red-wings-third-defense-pairing.html  find it funny that the person who hit Hagg was.....

Hagg said of the shot from Edvinsson during that camp scrimmage: “I just saw it in the last second coming straight towards my eyes. The reaction I guess is turn my head.”

Guess we will see at 5PM on Monday if Edvinsson makes it my money is no ...

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added info

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Give him a year to wreck it in the AHL keep learning the system etc. Then next year he is probably in the bigs. There is no disgrace in that approach plus might make him more hungry.

Forgot about Hagg...https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2022/10/robert-hagg-joins-group-vying-for-red-wings-third-defense-pairing.html  find it funny that the person who hit Hagg was.....

Hagg said of the shot from Edvinsson during that camp scrimmage: “I just saw it in the last second coming straight towards my eyes. The reaction I guess is turn my head.”

Guess we will see at 5PM on Monday if Edvinsson makes it my money is no ...

He's already on the team, bro.