• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

So Brennan Ali - our last pick at 212th overall last year - had 5 pts in 20 USHL games when we drafted him

He now has 7 pts in 6 games to start the season

He was a physical beast at the combine testing this summer. Bench press, VO2, everything, at the near top of the class.

Keep your eye on this one. He has all the tools to be top athlete if his brain can keep up. 

On 5/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, bIueadams said:

I don't know if Cotton will ever be an NHL dman. But knowing his strengths and faults (which are extreme) I think if he ever becomes an NHL dman he should probably be paired with a stud who can hide/cover those faults and allow him to play his game.

I highly doubt Seider and Edvinsson spend much time paired together. It's much smarter to spread their talent across 2 pairings and roll them. Exactly why Zetterberg and Datsyuk were separated more often than not. 

We passed on signing Cotton and he went to Finland's 2nd tier league (Finnish AHL). He's dominating at least. 19 points in 12 games as a Dman. Leading scorer for his team. Really wish I could watch him play to see just how bad his D is cause it must be awful.

At least Eddogg is a scoring machine with the Griffs so far. McIsaac suddenly scoring more as well... still holding on to hope for him. Was really good in juniors. 

Pontus Andreasson had a super slow start but is climbing up the score sheet now too. 

Don't look now, but after only scoring 1 pt in the first 7 games for the Griffs, Pontus Andreasson now has 12 pts in the last 10 games.

I expect him to be the next Griffs callup. Just turned 24 at the end of August.

Andreasson has been really really good. He's got a lot of Berggren qualities to his game (skating, deception, excellent passing) but he's a little grittier than Berggren is as well. I like his game a lot.

Cross Hanas has also been really really good in Grand Rapids. Still a little bit of polishing needed in his defensive game, but he's looking like someone who's going to play in the NHL which is a surprise to me because I had basically written him off.

Finally, nice to see Chase Pearson back. He's not a game changer or anything, but he should help GR stay competitive and that's good for the prospects overall.

I see the callup order for prospects like this:

Forwards:

1. Andreasson

2. Pearson

3. Kasper

Defense:

1. Edvinsson

2. McIsaac

3. Sebrango

After Andreasson its got to be Pearson. Hanas is a bit too young and unpolished still. But we might never see Pearson get his cup of Joe if he gets outplayed by Hirose, Luff, and Czarnik... Kasper I expect will start next year in GR and will likely leapfrog Hanas pretty quickly.

On the D, I figure its Sebrango next in line after McIsaac. But Sebrango gonna have a lot of competition for that spot next year with Wallinder probably coming over and Johansson gaining expierence. 

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Andreasson has been really really good. He's got a lot of Berggren qualities to his game (skating, deception, excellent passing) but he's a little grittier than Berggren is as well. I like his game a lot.

Cross Hanas has also been really really good in Grand Rapids. Still a little bit of polishing needed in his defensive game, but he's looking like someone who's going to play in the NHL which is a surprise to me because I had basically written him off.

Finally, nice to see Chase Pearson back. He's not a game changer or anything, but he should help GR stay competitive and that's good for the prospects overall.

Just curious why? He was a beast in the WHL last year and I've personally never been down on this player

"Top Austrian U20 players:

1. Jan Klausman
2. Maximillian Fleisch
3. Adolf Eichman
4. Heintz Guber
5. Fredrich Ohlund

Austria is excited to field this excellent team!"

*** Marco Kasper was not included in this list because this is a list for amateur's and he is a pro

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Just curious why? He was a beast in the WHL last year and I've personally never been down on this player

To be totally honest he's a guy I didn't pay a ton of attention to. He underwhelmed in his D+1 and his production last year was middle of the road when you consider it was his D+2. So I kind wrote him off. Subsequently I've read interviews with his coach in Portland that he was "focusing on defense" and his "200ft game" and I thought it was just b.s. But he's a stud, I just totally whiffed on the guy. 

Don't look now but with his goal yesterday Marco Kasper has 4 goals and 8 assists through 20 games. He's on pace to best Lucas Raymond and Alexander Holtz' D+1 production (18pts in 34 games and 18 pts in 40 games). Not too bad for the "he doesn't have much offense" guy.

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Don't look now but with his goal yesterday Marco Kasper has 4 goals and 8 assists through 20 games. He's on pace to best Lucas Raymond and Alexander Holtz' D+1 production (18pts in 34 games and 18 pts in 40 games). Not too bad for the "he doesn't have much offense" guy.

Seems to be a trend with Seider and now Kasper. "Some scouts question his offense" = SY guy. 

Brennan Ali now at 12 pts in 15 games in the USHL. For a 7th round pick this is inspiring. For example Dylan James - our 2nd round pick at #40 overall - last year scored 61 in 62 games in the USHL. Ali is 4 months younger and is now doing the same/similar.

Hopefully we can get this kid into the U of Denver next year and get him some time with Mazur and Buium.

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

To be fair, Holland risked losing him for Joe Veleno.

Joe Veleno is at least usable unlike Zadina. But god - another massive disappointment. I see nothing from him to suggest he has any future potential beyond being a bottom 6C who goes through the motions.

I blame Holland and @krsmith17 for that draft.