• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

47 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Joe Veleno is at least usable unlike Zadina. But god - another massive disappointment. I see nothing from him to suggest he has any future potential beyond being a bottom 6C who goes through the motions.

I blame Holland and @krsmith17 for that draft.

That draft was purely Holland grabbing any player who managed to fall to him

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

That draft was purely Holland grabbing any player who managed to fall to him

I remember in 2020 when this was a controversial statement. I know, cause I said it.

13 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I remember in 2020 when this was a controversial statement. I know, cause I said it.

Are people still wasting time on Zadina?  Guys done... been replaced twice by Kubalik and now Bear-Grin.

He'll hit the ice for a showcase then it's off to somewhere else via trade or waiver claim.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:23 PM, bIueadams said:

So Brennan Ali - our last pick at 212th overall last year - had 5 pts in 20 USHL games when we drafted him

He now has 7 pts in 6 games to start the season

He was a physical beast at the combine testing this summer. Bench press, VO2, everything, at the near top of the class.

Keep your eye on this one. He has all the tools to be top athlete if his brain can keep up. 

Ali now has 14 pts in 17 games. VERY excited about this player. He's expected to join Notre Dame after the USHL this year.

Kid has all the tools - already 6' and 200 lbs at 18. Is fast on his skates and plays a physical forechecking style at center. Oh and right, he's also scoring too. I'm hoping he'll grace us with his presence b4 completing college.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, bIueadams said:

Also Amadeus Lombardi is 3rd in scoring in the entire OHL... 

He's outscoring other top 2022 CHL picks, including: Matt Savoie, Connor Geekie, Nathan Gaucher, Reid Schaefer, David Goyette (a favorite of mine last year), Owen Beck, Luca Del Bel Belluz, and Matthew Poitras.

The only CHL forwards faring as well or better than Lombardi are Shane Wright (in the NHL), Jagger Firkus (two more points than Lombardi), and Christian Kyrou (tied with Lombardi). So we got a 1st-2nd round talent in the 4th. If this kid can just grow a little bit he's a steal (still needs to learn how to play defense though).

15 hours ago, kipwinger said:

He's outscoring other top 2022 CHL picks, including: Matt Savoie, Connor Geekie, Nathan Gaucher, Reid Schaefer, David Goyette (a favorite of mine last year), Owen Beck, Luca Del Bel Belluz, and Matthew Poitras.

The only CHL forwards faring as well or better than Lombardi are Shane Wright (in the NHL), Jagger Firkus (two more points than Lombardi), and Christian Kyrou (tied with Lombardi). So we got a 1st-2nd round talent in the 4th. If this kid can just grow a little bit he's a steal (still needs to learn how to play defense though).

Speaking of steal, Pasquale Zito just got traded (in the OHL) for a nice haul. Hes scoring at a PPG pace (again) since we drafted him. Cost us a 6th rounder. 

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Speaking of steal, Pasquale Zito just got traded (in the OHL) for a nice haul. Hes scoring at a PPG pace (again) since we drafted him. Cost us a 6th rounder. 

I always forget about Zito. He's definitely a member of my "guys who were under scouted because of the pandemic and therefore available when they shouldn't have been" list along with Mazur, Lombardi, and Buchelnikov.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I always forget about Zito. He's definitely a member of my "guys who were under scouted because of the pandemic and therefore available when they shouldn't have been" list along with Mazur, Lombardi, and Buchelnikov.

He'll be playing with Tnias Mathurin now too. Always good to see two Wings on the same team starting the chemistry early.

I follow some guys who are Russian prospect nerds, so I can get their scoop on things. Buchnelikov was definitely on radars, as even they/I was aware he was sneaky good b4 the draft. That said, Trikozov was the favorite (besides the obvious 1st rounders), and I as well wanted Trikozov for the Gleb memes.

This year:

Miroshnichenko (taken 20th same draft) - 0 pts in 3 KHL - 3 pts in 4 VHL - 11 pts in 8 MHL
Buchnelikov -------------------------------------- 2 pts in 10 KHL - 20 pts in 18 VHL - 9 pts in 3 MHL
Trikozov ------------------------------------------- 0 pts in 1 KHL - 9 pts in 20 VHL - 3 pts in 5 MHL

There's a distinct possibility we got the best Russian in that draft in the 2nd round.
Only Danila Yurov is ahead of him (24th overall) - but Yurov also started in the VHL and got called up to the KHL very quickly, so he has quite a few more games played in the KHL than Buch does. But Yurov also hasn't scored much since he's been there... 

Edited by bIueadams

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Is this good? I mean good for Smith to go to a team to get a chance, but I never heard of O'Regan, so I am not sure if this is just a GR swap or what.

After looking at the stats, I think this was just a nothing trade. Maybe Yzerman wanted to do Smith a favor, and really didn't want Del Zotto. But I guess it's depth for GR. Doesn't do anything to help our current downfall though. I guess we are back in the Tank Hard for Bedard sweeps again!

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Is this good? I mean good for Smith to go to a team to get a chance, but I never heard of O'Regan, so I am not sure if this is just a GR swap or what.

After looking at the stats, I think this was just a nothing trade. Maybe Yzerman wanted to do Smith a favor, and really didn't want Del Zotto. But I guess it's depth for GR. Doesn't do anything to help our current downfall though. I guess we are back in the Tank Hard for Bedard sweeps again!

SY helping out Verbeek in prep for him to trade us klingberg

On 12/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, kipwinger said:

Lombardi was also drafted as an overager like quite a few other SY picks. Good #s but I wouldnt get to hyped yet.

Same for Ali and Zito all these guys are longshots.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:43 PM, bIueadams said:

I follow some guys who are Russian prospect nerds, so I can get their scoop on things. Buchnelikov was definitely on radars, as even they/I was aware he was sneaky good b4 the draft. That said, Trikozov was the favorite (besides the obvious 1st rounders), and I as well wanted Trikozov for the Gleb memes.

This year:

Miroshnichenko (taken 20th same draft) - 0 pts in 3 KHL - 3 pts in 4 VHL - 11 pts in 8 MHL
Buchnelikov -------------------------------------- 2 pts in 10 KHL - 20 pts in 18 VHL - 9 pts in 3 MHL
Trikozov ------------------------------------------- 0 pts in 1 KHL - 9 pts in 20 VHL - 3 pts in 5 MHL

There's a distinct possibility we got the best Russian in that draft in the 2nd round.
Only Danila Yurov is ahead of him (24th overall) - but Yurov also started in the VHL and got called up to the KHL very quickly, so he has quite a few more games played in the KHL than Buch does. But Yurov also hasn't scored much since he's been there... 

This is a player worth getting hyped about imo.

Anybody else hearing all the Alexander Holtz noise?    Finally demoted because he's not picking up the NHL game fast enough, looking slow compared to his linemates.   NJ does have a fast team.   Wonder if SY makes a play for him after asking Lucas about his former mates dedication level.