• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not seeing anything good in foot land here at all

Also if you want to know why undrafted guys (and Veleno) can light up the Q rewatch this

keep an eye on #42 St John

Not bad. Noah Reinhart. Draft eligible this year. Good find.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not seeing anything good in foot land here at all

Also if you want to know why undrafted guys (and Veleno) can light up the Q rewatch this

keep an eye on #42 St John

You forgot Zagina lit up the Q also... and we know how well he fill nets these days...

58 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Looks like someone has completed level one

He's been pretty much fire for more than the last 7 games too.

SY said in the TDL presser the one thing he loves about Cossa is his work ethic.
Next year AHL, year after backup in the NHL.

44 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So this a double or nothing style bet? 

yes.  He bet me Howard would win 35 games back around 2015 or so.  He is a millenial, so I never put the screws to him.  Im gonna double up here tho.  We are going to see both Cossa and the other guy thats helped Toledo.  Yzerman is good about taking care of the farm.

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

yes.  He bet me Howard would win 35 games back around 2015 or so.  He is a millenial, so I never put the screws to him.  Im gonna double up here tho.  We are going to see both Cossa and the other guy thats helped Toledo.  Yzerman is good about taking care of the farm.

Aaah ...so both callups for at least 1 game and they both must play cause Cossa could get called up and sit the bench.

By the way I believe in this

Bets are debts of honor....

11 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Aaah ...so both callups for at least 1 game and they both must play cause Cossa could get called up and sit the bench.

By the way I believe in this

Bets are debts of honor....

Just Cossa for the bet.  But I think the otjer dude gets a game, too.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/octopusthrower.com/2023/03/06/detroit-red-wings-prospects-amadeus-lombardi-helium/amp/

This guy is an animal.  I have him #2 on my list of our prospects behind Edvinsson.  Soon to be #1 next year.

Good prospect for 4th round but not top 5 in the org nevermind top 2. Kasper Edvinsson Wallinder Johansson Soderblom Mazur all ahead imo probly in the convo with Buium Hanas Buch.

Lombardi is a fantastic prospect, as much as you could possibly hope for from a 4th round pick, but I'd stop short of saying he's one of our top guys in the organization...yet. And that's not because he did anything wrong. It's just that the OHL is a garbage league. I keep track of all the Flint scores and they're routinely scoring 6-10 goals per game. Now, bear in mind that it's (often) Lombardi doing the scoring and not someone else, so that's a good thing, but until he shows he can score in a league where defense matters then I'm going to take his production with a grain of salt. But he can only play in the league he's in, so I don't fault him. He'll be in the AHL next year and that'll be a better indication of his upside.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Lombardi is a fantastic prospect, as much as you could possibly hope for from a 4th round pick, but I'd stop short of saying he's one of our top guys in the organization...yet. And that's not because he did anything wrong. It's just that the OHL is a garbage league. I keep track of all the Flint scores and they're routinely scoring 6-10 goals per game. Now, bear in mind that it's (often) Lombardi doing the scoring and not someone else, so that's a good thing, but until he shows he can score in a league where defense matters then I'm going to take his production with a grain of salt. But he can only play in the league he's in, so I don't fault him. He'll be in the AHL next year and that'll be a better indication of his upside.

Your linemates get better as you move up.  This kid has the swagger and hockey sense that Joe Veleno doesnt.  Veleno has the want, as evidence by his off ice training regimen.  But Lombardi has the same desire PLUS the goods on the ice.  He just needs some weight at this point.  As soon as he's big enough, he's going to be in the wheel.  

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Your linemates get better as you move up.  This kid has the swagger and hockey sense that Joe Veleno doesnt.  Veleno has the want, as evidence by his off ice training regimen.  But Lombardi has the same desire PLUS the goods on the ice.  He just needs some weight at this point.  As soon as he's big enough, he's going to be in the wheel.  

Like I said, he's done everything you could ask of him, so my only questions about him are quality of competition issues that he's not responsible for. But there have been plenty of players over the years that put up insane numbers at lower levels and then fizzle out as the QoC gets better (Pulkkinen, Frk). But Lombardi has the brains and the skating to succeed, and he's still growing (1 inch and 10 lbs since the draft), so I'm optimistic.

42 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Like I said, he's done everything you could ask of him, so my only questions about him are quality of competition issues that he's not responsible for. But there have been plenty of players over the years that put up insane numbers at lower levels and then fizzle out as the QoC gets better (Pulkkinen, Frk). But Lombardi has the brains and the skating to succeed, and he's still growing (1 inch and 10 lbs since the draft), so I'm optimistic.

thats better!

17 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Cossa would get LiT UP if he was brought up for even 1 game in Detroit. Something like that could be a major setback for a goalie prospect. Don't do it.

Wallstedt would as well, for those who are still dick-riding him. 

Cossa is right where he should be and is developing awesomely. He'll be in GR next season and depending on how he plays he'll be considered for a call up in the event of injuries. I have no problem with anything SY and company have done vis-a-vis Cossa. Many folks around here said "just wait until he gets some professional coaching" and it's starting to look like they were right. Better coaches and lots of reps and he's now dominating a professional men's league and he just turned 20 years old a few months ago. This is absolutely a win for the organization and it's clear that management isn't going to mishandle the guy at this point.