• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Cossa is right where he should be and is developing awesomely. He'll be in GR next season and depending on how he plays he'll be considered for a call up in the event of injuries. I have no problem with anything SY and company have done vis-a-vis Cossa. Many folks around here said "just wait until he gets some professional coaching" and it's starting to look like they were right. Better coaches and lots of reps and he's now dominating a professional men's league and he just turned 20 years old a few months ago. This is absolutely a win for the organization and it's clear that management isn't going to mishandle the guy at this point.

Absolutely. His struggles in the first half stemmed from changing his approach to the game. He has learned to depend more on his size to stop pucks rather than athleticism. When depending on his athleticism, he'd lose positioning in the net which led to him getting lit up regularly. 

But god damn did he ever clean up that part of his game. He now only depends on his athleticism when he absolutely needs to, and it is paying off big time. I suspect he'll struggle less in GR than he did in Toledo. Though he will still have a lot more work to do, of course. 

But for all the "Cossa is a bust" preachers, they are very much all wrong. Sure it would have been nice to see him in GR this year. But he has s*** to work on. Better to do that behind a good team in Toledo vs the s*** storm GR has been on and off all season. I suspect both Toledo goalies will be the GR duo next season. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Absolutely. His struggles in the first half stemmed from changing his approach to the game. He has learned to depend more on his size to stop pucks rather than athleticism. When depending on his athleticism, he'd lose positioning in the net which led to him getting lit up regularly. 

But god damn did he ever clean up that part of his game. He now only depends on his athleticism when he absolutely needs to, and it is paying off big time. I suspect he'll struggle less in GR than he did in Toledo. Though he will still have a lot more work to do, of course. 

But for all the "Cossa is a bust" preachers, they are very much all wrong. Sure it would have been nice to see him in GR this year. But he has s*** to work on. Better to do that behind a good team in Toledo vs the s*** storm GR has been on and off all season. I suspect both Toledo goalies will be the GR duo next season. 

Neds dead baby?

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

People need to stop the comparisons to Wahlstedt. And the criticism of Cossa because he is in the ECHL while Wally is in the AHL. Wally (SHL) was already a league ahead of Cossa (CHL) when they were drafted. Not surprisingly, Wally is still a league ahead of Cossa a year later. Same rate of development at this point. And Being ahead in development doesn't make you the better goalie in the end.

51 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

People need to stop the comparisons to Wahlstedt. And the criticism of Cossa because he is in the ECHL while Wally is in the AHL. Wally (SHL) was already a league ahead of Cossa (CHL) when they were drafted. Not surprisingly, Wally is still a league ahead of Cossa a year later. Same rate of development at this point. And Being ahead in development doesn't make you the better goalie in the end.

Most decent draft picks never even sniff the ECHL. Cossa spent a wole season with the Walleye.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Kasper named Austrian player of the year hoping we draft his fellow Austrian David Reinbacher with 1 of our 2 1st round picks in this upcoming draft.

I wouldn't hate this as long as we nabbed a center with upside with the 2nd first rounder. Someone like Riley Heidt or Calum Ritchie. Another option is to take a center with the top pick and RHD Alex Sandin-Pellikka with the later pick.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:06 PM, bIueadams said:

I don't think Tuomisto ever gets a contract with the Red Wings. Busterino. He plays like 10 minutes or less a night with Denver. His coaches don't trust him.

Shai Buium the younger on the other hand is logging heavy minutes for that team and is a go to guy on all ends of the ice.

Also checkout Bobby Brink. 2nd round pick by Philly, 20 years old. He's crushing the NCAA. Leading Denver scorer and leads all NCAA players in points. We took Tuomisto immediately after Brink in the 2019 draft.

Never say never I guess...lol

2 year deal today.    Did he suddenly get his game together back home?

18 hours ago, town123 said:

Never say never I guess...lol

2 year deal today.    Did he suddenly get his game together back home?

Im not convinced this isnt just supply and demand...

Our org depth at RHD right now is literally:

1. Seider 2. Lindstrom 3. Seth Barton 4. Antti Tuomisto 5. Anton Johansson 6. Oscar Plandowski

Lindstrom blows, Barton blows. Johansson is too young/raw for a contract.

In one of these threads I suggested signing Plandowski for GR next year, but I guess Tuomisto works fine as well. Neither probably ever sees the Wings. 

Had we had other RHD i dont see him getting a contract. He hasnt been any much better in Finland. I think theres a reason SY kept it to 2 years...