• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

On 3/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, kipwinger said:

Rogle staved off elimination today on the back of Marco Kasper's 3 pt. game. He'd been relatively quiet during the playoffs but this was a big time performance in an elimination game for Rogle.

He better get used to staving off elimination if he wants to play for this team.

Ran tankathon a bunch of times this morning, the Blues who are 10th and the Canucks are 8th (oddly, despite more regulation wins) won the lottery in multiple simulations.  The Wings didn't move up once.  I think tankathon has build in the leagues anti Detroit bias into their algorithm. 

28 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Undersized left shot w with unspectacular numbers as a 22yo. Likely wouldnt of factored into Detroits plans anyway. No loss.

Hoping to see Mazur/Kasper/Wallinder sign/play a few games with GRG tho.

If we dont move these guys onto the Red Wings next year, then we are stupid.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

but we need to see Zadina another year

Not a big fan of Zadina but he did break a leg who knows if he might have been able to net us a 6th or 7th rounder....

So do you cut bait with him and get even less if possible?

Do you put him out on waivers and hope he passes through and have him prove he wants it in GR?

I don't see him as even a fringe player in the near future...I am perplexed on what to do....

42 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Not a big fan of Zadina but he did break a leg who knows if he might have been able to net us a 6th or 7th rounder....

Do you put him out on waivers and hope he passes through and have him prove he wants it in GR?

I don't see him as even a fringe player in the near future...I am perplexed on what to do....

I defended him for 3 years.  He does NOT have it.  He's not tenacious.  He doesnt birddog the puck like Raymond does.  He's trying to learn positional defense, but it doesnt matter.  He just doesnt win battles and pressure the other team into turning the puck over.  Larkin and Raymond do.  Veleno, Berggren, and Rassmussen do to an extent.  Hopefully Kasper will.  But Zadina is just there.  Completely ineffective.

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

We have two options.

Trade him for what we can get.

Play him as a bottom 6 roster filler until the contract ends.

He is garbage, that's it, that's all... I wish someone had only warned you all... LOL:lol:

Edited by mackel

Yep!

2 hours ago, mackel said:

We have two options.

Trade him for what we can get.

Play him as a bottom 6 roster filler until the contract ends.

He is garbage, that's it, that's all... I wish someone had only warned you all... LOL:lol:

#ThanksHolland

Thank God he's long gone!

19 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Eddog officially recalled (non emergency)

Wallinder signs his ELC for next season, but will report to the Griffs on a tryout basis for the remainder of the season.

Kasper and Mazur joining the Griffs for the remainder of the season as well. Mazur signing his ELC for next year. Now would be a good time to watch the Griffs. Will be interesting to see how Kasper, Mazur, and Wallinder play. 

36 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Kasper and Mazur joining the Griffs for the remainder of the season as well. Mazur signing his ELC for next year. Now would be a good time to watch the Griffs. Will be interesting to see how Kasper, Mazur, and Wallinder play. 

Are they joing the Griffs?  I saw Wallindier was didn't think the forwards were.  That's excellent. 

I think Stevie is set for a big off season... I think we're going to see the summer of Steve.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Do you have a source for this?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

Edited by kipwinger

Say it ain't so Newsy...

From this article https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2023/03/28/red-wings-sign-carter-mazur-to-entry-level-contract-assign-him-to-griffins/70056437007/

Zadina out

Lalonde confirmed forward Filip Zadina could miss the rest of the regular season (nine games, after Tuesday).

Zadina missed three months after suffering a lower-body injury while blocking a shot, returning to action on January 4. But, Zadina has had lingering issues lately, and missed the last eight games.

In total Zadina, 23, played 30 games with three goals and four assists (seven points), in another frustrating and disappointing season for the 2018 first-round draft pick (sixth overall).

"Of course, you're sensitive to it, there's pressure there and at the same time, you're not helping your body out through injury, but it's part of the process," Lalonde said of Zadina's injury-marred season. "I give him a lot of credit; he worked very hard to get back.