• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

11/18 "Don´t Give In" GDT @ Vegas

Rate this topic

double post...

but isn´t it a coincidence that we get a false positive result of one of our best players just after we were fighting our way back in the game. Leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Edited by ely s

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

4yZJmqY.png

Not by my much yet. Veleno just passed him.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Well then Blashill is an idiot considering Zadina leads in 5 on 5 xG%. and Veleno has shown jack squat so far. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well then Blashill is an idiot considering Zadina leads in 5 on 5 xG%. and Veleno has shown jack squat so far. 

Take a look at xGF/60%. I like /60 a little more as it makes the stat relative to ice time.

1. Raymond
2. Bertuzzi
3. Zadina
4. Suter
5. Larkin

Zadina still very good. But Bertuzzi and Raymond are a head over the rest when you break it down for icetime.

Edited by bIueadams

54 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You’re learning 

Nah I just commented on GF% instead of xGF% so my comment didnt make sense and had to edit.

Edited by bIueadams

While I'm looking at fancy stats:

Most offensive zone starts
Smith <--------- heavily sheltered
Larkin
Suter
Bertuzzi
Raymond
Erne
Zadina
<------- Even usage
Fabbri
Veleno
Namestnikov
Gagner
Rasmussen
Stephens
Rowney

Least offensive zone starts

Jeff is mostly using his offensive players offensively. And his defensive players defensively. (except Givani Smith, that dude sux)

I would like to see Namestnikov be used more for offense. He's tied for the league lead in even strength goals for petes sake.

Larkin is being more heavily favored in the Ozone by Jeff this year as compared to last. Might explain some of the resurgence there.

Defense:

Most offensive zone starts
Oesterle
Lindstrom
Staal
Dekeyser
Hronek
Leddy
Seider
Stecher

Least offensive zone starts

Jeff is deploying his worst defenders more often in the Ozone, and his better ones more often in the Dzone. Except Stecher, whom I guess he thinks is very good defensively but so much offensively? But this is maybe just a result of small sample size.

17 minutes ago, brett said:

idk what games greiess has been good in this year must have missed them. guy cannot stop a shot. most goals on ned you can at least blame on the defense

Yeah I said we should try to sign Campbell out of Toronto this offseason (Michigan guy) to replace Greiss. I was suprised folks wanted to re-sign a soon to be 36 year old Griess. I don't have much interest. Take the opportunity to get younger in the position. Greiss was wildly inconsistent last year, and he's been pretty meh this year.

And there you go, Greiss right on time....

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ohhhh a fancy stat...  he leads a fancy meaningless stat... gold star!!  Maybe he should fill a net or two.

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Wings continue to get munched by big, chippy, hardworking, sort of fast teams. 

Calgary + Capitals + Boston + Dallas + Vegas 

Also “VGK” D is Stevie Wonder and Wings D is Usher

I assume the solution is to bet bigger and chippier? We're not slow. But apparently Jeff cut Givani's nuts off...

I won't be pleased if Gagner or Rowney are re-signed for the bottom 6. They bring no identity to the team. Insert kids like Veleno or Pearson there. And/or sign some shop wreckers. Clutterbuck, Roussel, Reaves, Deslauriers, Paquette, Maroon, and Chiasson may all be available this offseason.

4 minutes ago, mackel said:

Ohhhh a fancy stat...  he leads a fancy meaningless stat... gold star!!  Maybe he should fill a net or two.

He's on pace for a massive 13 goals.

E L I T E S N I P ER

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Bertuzzi
Veleno - Suter - Zadina
Erne - Stephens - Rasmussen
Pearson/Smith

Leddy - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Zadorov - Lindstrom
Oesterle

Ned
Campbell

We can start knocking on playoff doors next year with that lineup. The old f***s need to go.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

NO one was talking to you ya fukin gremlin

No no words and name calling REPORTED

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Awesome sssschit to wake up to I'm telling ya

E63ivOF.jpeg

11 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I would like to see Namestnikov be used more for offense. He's tied for the league lead in even strength goals for petes sake.

I think switching him with Zadina would be a good move. 

Namestnikov would get more ice time with better line-mates, and Zadina would get a chance to play against easier matchups?