• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, _SP_ said:

I had it that following January.  The owner of our company came back from a month-long trip to Northern Italy to celebrate his 60th birthday. Guess which country had the earliest outbreak (outside of China)?   Yep.  He was sick for weeks after he got back, too.

Myself and another employee developed a wicked cough.  We both had the antibodies in August, but couldn't point to another time being sick except BEFORE the "official" start time.

Made it all the way to last month and caught it again. Lucky me.  Worst issue now is the loss of smell.  F'ing weird.  We have two little ones and you don't realize how much familiarity smells give you; I still rock the one to sleep while softly mouthing words to his repeated country "sleep" song, and it's weird not being able to smell him while doing it.  Or my wife's hair after a shower; she just got back from Florida and I was trying to get some (yeah, married... didn't work), but I suddenly realized when I was rubbing her shoulders that I couldn't smell her. It's not something that I actively seek out (i.e. it's not a fetish) but realizing it was absent was stunning. Still have my taste, but no smell is driving me bonkers. 

But on the positive side you are sitting there typing on a hockey forum vs on a vent!!

Cousin had CV and her words were "If I cant get taste beer and steak why live....." 

13 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So now Im feeling like a coordinated TANK might be the best plan of action.  This team needs 2-3 more impact players like Larkin/Seider.  The Avs seriously outclassed us last night.  It was embarassing 

Two and a half months ago almost everyone was expecting a bottom 10 finish, some even a bottom 5 one. Now after more than a third of the season we still are an above .500 team. To be outclassed against a top team in the league with the little depth we have is not unexpected and not worrysome at all. They are riding the "wave of success" as long as it may go but I have the feeling SY never intended to do anything else than tanking, otherwise he would have tried to trade for upgrades.

The more I see of our defense, the more I see the need to go for Zadorov in the offseason. He would be an impact player on D not point wise but with his physicality. Up front Vrana´s return in about 6-7 weeks will be another impact player. That will only leave the 2C spot open.

Edvinsson Seider                  Bert Larkin Raymond

Zadorov Hronek                    Vrana  ?  Zadina/Berg/Fabbri

enough prospects                 Zadina,Berg,Fabbri,Suter,Ras,Veleno,Namestikov?,Erne,+ as bottom 6

If Ed is adjusting as fast as Mo we could be a serious playoff contender next year.

5 hours ago, ely s said:

Two and a half months ago almost everyone was expecting a bottom 10 finish, some even a bottom 5 one. Now after more than a third of the season we still are an above .500 team. To be outclassed against a top team in the league with the little depth we have is not unexpected and not worrysome at all. They are riding the "wave of success" as long as it may go but I have the feeling SY never intended to do anything else than tanking, otherwise he would have tried to trade for upgrades.

The more I see of our defense, the more I see the need to go for Zadorov in the offseason. He would be an impact player on D not point wise but with his physicality. Up front Vrana´s return in about 6-7 weeks will be another impact player. That will only leave the 2C spot open.

Edvinsson Seider                  Bert Larkin Raymond

Zadorov Hronek                    Vrana  ?  Zadina/Berg/Fabbri

enough prospects                 Zadina,Berg,Fabbri,Suter,Ras,Veleno,Namestikov?,Erne,+ as bottom 6

If Ed is adjusting as fast as Mo we could be a serious playoff contender next year.

Adding Edvinsson will be an immediate shot in the arm.  If Sebrango and Johansson can hold their own, we could have a monster defense.  

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

dekeyser, zadina, and Leddy to AZ for their 1st.

I like it but why would you think that Arizona will trade a 1st away? They have been hoarding high round picks. The plan looks to be a scorched earth rebuild.

UFA's - Gagner, Namestnikov, Leddy, Dekeyser, Greiss, Stecher

I think Leddy may be the only one of these that will garner any interest.

"Hockey" trade targets - 

We all heard rumors of Mantha possibly being dealt last season, but honestly, did we have any idea of what a deal it was to be for us or if there was even one out there?  In addition to attempting to deal some UFA, I can see Yzerman pulling out another last minute "hockey trade" and surprise us all. I think a couple of names that may be dangled out there are Zadina, Hronek, Rasmussen and possibly Veleno. (I'm not saying all of them will be dealt.) What would it take to make our team better again? Would Chicago trade Debrincat, Strome or Dach? What is Holland ready to give up? What would the price(s) be? Let's say you packaged Zadina, Leddy and a 2nd what (or which one) would that be a starting point at? It's almost a guarantee Yzerman will be adding assets from teams in order to retain salary and help those teams out with cap issues. Maybe we flip some of those assets too? Do we hold tight with these young kids or do we try to upgrade? Is there anything even worth acquiring (outside of picks) this year?

Can we just trade Zadina and Veleno already? These dudes are f*cking garbage. I think there's every chance that neither of these two will score again this season.

To CBJ: Veleno

To DET: Roslovic

To EDM: Leddy + Zadina

To DET: Kassian + Holloway

On 1/24/2022 at 9:34 AM, kipwinger said:

Can we just trade Zadina and Veleno already? These dudes are f*cking garbage. I think there's every chance that neither of these two will score again this season.

To CBJ: Veleno

To DET: Roslovic

To EDM: Leddy + Zadina

To DET: Kassian + Holloway

I thought it was interesting that ARI's asking price for Chychrun was: x1 first round pick and x2 former first round picked players. We can easily fill this criteria.

To DET: Chychrun
To ARI: 1st + Zadina + Veleno (or Rasmussen)

Our D would be young and stacked immediately, and for years.

Couple that with our young goal-tending and we might have more than a few forwards wanting to fill our needs in those positions.

Chychrun - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek

Nedeljkovic
Cossa

On 1/24/2022 at 9:32 AM, LeftWinger said:

UFA's - Gagner, Namestnikov, Leddy, Dekeyser, Greiss, Stecher

I think Leddy may be the only one of these that will garner any interest.

"Hockey" trade targets - 

We all heard rumors of Mantha possibly being dealt last season, but honestly, did we have any idea of what a deal it was to be for us or if there was even one out there?  In addition to attempting to deal some UFA, I can see Yzerman pulling out another last minute "hockey trade" and surprise us all. I think a couple of names that may be dangled out there are Zadina, Hronek, Rasmussen and possibly Veleno. (I'm not saying all of them will be dealt.) What would it take to make our team better again? Would Chicago trade Debrincat, Strome or Dach? What is Holland ready to give up? What would the price(s) be? Let's say you packaged Zadina, Leddy and a 2nd what (or which one) would that be a starting point at? It's almost a guarantee Yzerman will be adding assets from teams in order to retain salary and help those teams out with cap issues. Maybe we flip some of those assets too? Do we hold tight with these young kids or do we try to upgrade? Is there anything even worth acquiring (outside of picks) this year?

Gagner = Release
Names = Trade
Leddy = Trade
The shambling corpse of Daniel Dekeyser = Release
Greiss = Release
Stecher = Trade
Rowney = Release
Staal = Trade

That's how I think it plays out.

Return value:

Leddy = 2nd/3rd
Names = 3rd/4th
Staal = 4th/5th
Stecher = 5th/6th

We already have x2 extra picks this year, more would give SY a lot of options to move up again in certain spots this year.

Edited by bIueadams

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I thought it was interesting that ARI's asking price for Chychrun was: x1 first round pick and x2 former first round picked players. We can easily fill this criteria.

To DET: Chychrun
To ARI: 1st + Zadina + Veleno (or Rasmussen)

Our D would be young and stacked immediately, and for years.

Couple that with our young goal-tending and we might have more than a few forwards wanting to fill our needs in those positions.

Chychrun - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek

Nedeljkovic
Cossa

So you want to trade our best shot (1st round pick) at filling our biggest position of need (2C) to acquire a position (top 4 LD) that will almost certainly be filled from our deep D prospect pool.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So you want to trade our best shot (1st round pick) at filling our biggest position of need (2C) to acquire a position (top 4 LD) that will almost certainly be filled from our deep D prospect pool.

Yes

24 minutes ago, mackel said:

BTW How's Zadina done the last few weeks while LGW was down?   #bustycoldzadina

22 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

I am firmly on the "trade him/them" wagon now, how much "bad luck" can it supposedly be

The delusionals still think he's "our best shot"

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vrana back.  Give zadina a chance with Suter and Vrana. if he still is sucking, time to dump.

I think the die is cast... even if he did have a bit of a "dead cat bounce" it just helps his fledgling trade value.  I think he's gone at the draft in a package for a center.  I'd be surprised if it's at the deadline or for another busting prospect.