• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I genuinely don't agree. In about a year we went from being one of the league's worst teams, to a middle of the pack team. And we largely did that by adding three good rookies. Our offense scores enough to win games. Our defense is just terrible. But it's about to see A) a huge influx of homegrown talent, and B) addition by subtraction with guys like DK, Staal, Leddy, and Stecher gone and replaced by better free agents.

You give this same exact team a competent defense and we're in the playoff hunt. Add a legit 2C and Vrana for a full season and you're even better. I'm not saying there's not work left to be done, but I don't see it taking 5 years.

Tampa went from bottom feeder to making a decent playoff run early in Yzerman's tenure. It did not stop him from focusing on futures. 

This team certain can make the playoffs sooner rather than later. I just don't see a long-term cup window if they go for it now. We'd be a wildcard team that gets knocked out in the first round by one of Tampa, Carolina, Florida every year. 

I think over the next season or two we see many current 25+ guys get moved, which in turn could make the team even worst, albeit younger, next season. 

Also, when I say 5 years, I don't mean 5 years from making the playoffs. I mean 5 years from doing something in the playoffs once we get there. 

Depending on how the next four months shake out will tell the tale. If a guy like Bert gets moved (whether it be TDL or summer), we know it's gonna take a little longer than what the first half of this season had many of us believe.

I think the team's record without Bert in the lineup speaks volumes. 

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Tampa went from bottom feeder to making a decent playoff run early in Yzerman's tenure. It did not stop him from focusing on futures. 

This team certain can make the playoffs sooner rather than later. I just don't see a long-term cup window if they go for it now. We'd be a wildcard team that gets knocked out in the first round by one of Tampa, Carolina, Florida every year. 

I think over the next season or two we see many current 25+ guys get moved, which in turn could make the team even worst, albeit younger, next season. 

Also, when I say 5 years, I don't mean 5 years from making the playoffs. I mean 5 years from doing something in the playoffs once we get there. 

Depending on how the next four months shake out will tell the tale. If a guy like Bert gets moved (whether it be TDL or summer), we know it's gonna take a little longer than what the first half of this season had many of us believe.

I think the team's record without Bert in the lineup speaks volumes. 

I understand what you're saying, but I think it largely depends on the offseason. We hung around with Boston for the Wild Card for about half this season with a rookie goalie, no defense, no 2C, and our best goal scorer injured. Start addressing those things and maybe we take a much bigger step next year. Sure, moving a guy like Bert out could set you back. But not if you sign Hertl or Trocheck as a UFA. Or trade for Bo Horvat. In that case you'd end up with a similar player, at a position of need, and still be in the same age range. Then you add Berggren, Edvinsson, Sodorblom, and a UFA left defenseman or two and maybe you're a better team than you already were. It's going to be really interesting to see what Yzerman does this week, and even moreso in the offseason. But I'm not convinced we're that far away from being good. We have a few really important things going for us right now: a point per game 1C (who is 25 years old), a stud 1D, two highly skilled/offensively gifted wingers, and a solid solution in goal who's going to continue to improve.

This TDL is about offloading Leddy and one of Namestnikov or Suter.  Try to get a 1st for Leddy and a 2nd for Namestnikov.  Then trade the late 1st we get and our 2nd to move up to a middle 1st.  If we can go into the draft with picks 7 and 16, we should be able to draft (2) line-up players.  And thats what we need - young guys who only need a year in another league before they hit the nhl.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I understand what you're saying, but I think it largely depends on the offseason. We hung around with Boston for the Wild Card for about half this season with a rookie goalie, no defense, no 2C, and our best goal scorer injured. Start addressing those things and maybe we take a much bigger step next year. Sure, moving a guy like Bert out could set you back. But not if you sign Hertl or Trocheck as a UFA. Or trade for Bo Horvat. In that case you'd end up with a similar player, at a position of need, and still be in the same age range. Then you add Berggren, Edvinsson, Sodorblom, and a UFA left defenseman or two and maybe you're a better team than you already were. It's going to be really interesting to see what Yzerman does this week, and even moreso in the offseason. But I'm not convinced we're that far away from being good. We have a few really important things going for us right now: a point per game 1C (who is 25 years old), a stud 1D, two highly skilled/offensively gifted wingers, and a solid solution in goal who's going to continue to improve.

I do not disagree at all. As you said, the offseason will tell us everything in terms of the direction of the rebuild. 

I think out of Berggren, Edvinsson, Soderblom, only Berggren wins a roster spot next season. Edvinsson is a maybe, but the latter two I think could use some NA ice adjustment. 

I agree the current roster is not far from being good. But I think if Yzerman doesn't pull the trigger too quickly the team could be set up for a much longer window. I don't think he will shy away from his patient approach because of the first half we had. I certainly don't think he will be looking to tank either, of course. 

57 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I do not disagree at all. As you said, the offseason will tell us everything in terms of the direction of the rebuild. 

I think out of Berggren, Edvinsson, Soderblom, only Berggren wins a roster spot next season. Edvinsson is a maybe, but the latter two I think could use some NA ice adjustment. 

I agree the current roster is not far from being good. But I think if Yzerman doesn't pull the trigger too quickly the team could be set up for a much longer window. I don't think he will shy away from his patient approach because of the first half we had. I certainly don't think he will be looking to tank either, of course. 

Horcoff made some statements about Berggren that he still needs developing and they're gonna be patient and not rush him into the NHL.

I really think Eddog is the only prospect with a shot at the roster next year. And he may still start in GR or even the SHL. 

The off-season is the indicator. More stop gaps and low risk contracts SY can sell later and Bert is prolly on the move next off-season. 

Regardless of future strategy the defense needs serious aggressive remaking. I think it's a failed off season if Yzerman doesn't sign/trade for some much better pieces than we had this year. 

18 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Horcoff made some statements about Berggren that he still needs developing and they're gonna be patient and not rush him into the NHL.

I really think Eddog is the only prospect with a shot at the roster next year. And he may still start in GR or even the SHL. 

The off-season is the indicator. More stop gaps and low risk contracts SY can sell later and Bert is prolly on the move next off-season. 

Regardless of future strategy the defense needs serious aggressive remaking. I think it's a failed off season if Yzerman doesn't sign/trade for some much better pieces than we had this year. 

This 100%. While I think Berggren will be the first of the three Swedes to make the roster, it definitely may not be to start the season. 

I think there is a good chance we have no Bert next season. Which will impact the team a lot. Having said that, the defense has to be improved and I think it will with some better stop gap players. Reliable minute eaters who can defend and safely pair up youth with. 

I think we'll see a setback as far as standings go, but we also won't see much of what we have for the last couple of weeks either. 

I also wouldn't be shocked to see guys like Hronek and Vrana moved in the next 1-2 years if Yzerman can sell high and get a haul for them. 

I think Larkin will be the one current 25+ player on this roster come contender time. He also won't be the go-to 1C by that time either, as Yzerman will find his Point by then. 

I just think what many see happening in 2-3 years is closer to 4-5 years away. Yzerman always stressed patience and how this will take time. He's not gonna pivot from that because we were within striking distance of the last playoff spot for half a season. 

You have to be HIGH af to think Edvinsson wears any other jersey besides a winged wheel next season.  This team has exactly ZERO left handed players now that can out perform him.  If we pick up Lindholm, Edvinsson becomes 2nd pair material.  Thats a huge if, tho.  Either way, Edvinsson plays his last non NHL game at the end of this season.

I still say we sign Lindholm and Chiarot. Then let Edvinsson compete for Oesterle's spot. If he wins it he'll work his way up the lineup. Fix the defense once and for all.

Frk it, sign no forwards

Sign JVP to backup Ned.

Off season done.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond
Fabbri - Suter - Bertuzzi
Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina
Smith - Stephens - Erne

Lindholm - Seider
Chiarot - Hronek
Ed/Oest - Lindstrom

Ned
JVP

That's not at all a bad lineup. We can focus on forwards next offseason.

41 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Seattle got a second a third and a 7th for Jarnkrok.  He has one less goal, three more assists, and has played about 10 less games than Namestnikov

Basically the same return we got for Nyquist. Pretty wild. I think the boost for Jarnkrok was that he's a center and only costing them $1 million (retained 50%).

Maybe if we retain on Names we can get that 2nd.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

His vax status may have cost him a job in Detroit.

Yzerman was super cool about it. Yzerman was the first to speak out about dumb restrictions.

I don't think Yzerman agrees with you as much as you probably think he does.

If Bertuzzi is traded its because he doesn't fit into Yzermans timeline and his value is at an all time high. Not because SY is butt hurt about a vaccination. 

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman was super cool about it. Yzerman was the first to speak out about dumb restrictions.

If Bertuzzi is traded its because he doesn't fit into Yzermans timeline and his value is at an all time high. Not because SY is butt hurt about a vaccination. 

Unless Yzerman has made a deal with the devil HSJ and she will only write happy articles about the Wings  if he trades the unclean one. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/nhl-rumors-asking-price-hampus-lindholm-revealed-trade-deadline-nears

SY: Offer 2023 1st, Wallinder, McIsaac for Lindholm signed at 8/8.

PV: Counter 2022 1st, Edvinsson, Johansson

SY: Counter 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Wallinder, McIsaac

I still dont think Lindholm will be moving.  But it would fill a big hole for us to get him.

Seider-Limdholm

Hronek-Edvinsson

Lindstrom-Sebrango

Stecher

Ned

Cossa

Thats a tasty backend.

So you give up a 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Wallinder, McIsaac for a pending UFA? If Stevie wanted him that bad I'm sure he'd just go for it July 1st. 

If you're trading assets for a dman as a rebuilding team, you go after a guy like Chychrun. Not Lindholm. A guy who still has plenty of team control left. 

Edited by marcaractac

14 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman and his family are vaxxed. My family is vaxxed.

Yzerman spoke out about dumb restrictions. I have said that the Canadian protocols are stupid.

Yzerman doesnt agree with Bert's choice. I dont agree with Bert's choice.

I dont think Bertuzzi should be traded because of it. If SY does, it would be about the only thing we dont agree on.

I would say we are more alike than different.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yzerman and his family are vaxxed. My family is vaxxed.

Yzerman spoke out about dumb restrictions. I have said that the Canadian protocols are stupid.

Yzerman doesnt agree with Bert's choice. I dont agree with Bert's choice.

I dont think Bertuzzi should be traded because of it. If SY does, it would be about the only thing we dont agree on.

I would say we are more alike than different.

I'm vaxxed. That doesn't mean I support any of this nonsense.

Yzerman didn't raise a stink about Canadian protocols. He spoke out against testing. 

Yet you just suggested Bertuzzi is losing his job because of his Vax status.

I don't think you know where you're going with this. 

Edited by bIueadams