• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Just happy to have a GM that simply refuse to lose trades. Trading a 2nd for Leddy wasn’t worth it but he got that 2nd back in a supposably deeper draft.

Sundy with another year on his contract could be very usefull when back into shape. 

problem is we didnt get back "that" 2nd.  Chances of a 2nd rounder doing anything impactful are bad no matter where they are, but we definitely lost on this because Nick Leddy stunk the entire season.  He did not play well and did not help us.  The trade today is a win, but the overall Leddy deal is a loss.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

problem is we didnt get back "that" 2nd.  Chances of a 2nd rounder doing anything impactful are bad no matter where they are, but we definitely lost on this because Nick Leddy stunk the entire season.  He did not play well and did not help us.  The trade today is a win, but the overall Leddy deal is a loss.

No, we ”moved” that 2nd into a better draft year. Not a loss. 

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Leddy:good

Stecher:bad

Namestmikov:meh

Stecher: good, imo. He’s played 16 games this season and we got something for it. Beaulieu played 24 games for Winnipeg and they got a conditional 7th. 

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Gave up #52 overall, and Panik (throw in from another deal) for Leddy. Got back a 2nd which may will probably be around the same draft spot along with 2 roster forwards for Leddy and Wit.

Out 52nd overall, Witkowski, Panik

In: 50ish pick in 2023, 2 roster forwards

Walman/Sundqvist>Witkowski/Panik

So we end up with 2 better roster players, and roughly even draft picks in the end.

I call that a win.

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gave up #52 overall, and Panik (throw in from another deal) for Leddy. Got back a 2nd which may will probably be around the same draft spot along with 2 roster forwards for Leddy and Wit.

So we end up with 2 better roster players, and roughly even draft picks in the end.

I call that a win.

I don't even count Panik or Witkowski. Wit will be a 7th 8th dman who never plays. Panik was immediately buried (with a buried penalty) in the AHL. 

That second magically came back to us with Walman and Sundqvist. That's good. 

What have I missed in the Domi trade? Florida gets Domi, half salary retained, a 6th and a throw in for Inamoto? Is Inamoto some hidden star player I don´t know of?

Edited by ely s

15 minutes ago, ely s said:

found the answer, capfriendly has it wrong.

I think the infos on the picture are correct and the written text is wrong...

Technically they traded Domi to the Panthers and they retained 25% before sending him to the Hurricanes. I think. 

Edited by Akakabuto

Sounds like from the presser Bert and Larks will be getting extensions this summer.

Yzerman should be pretty busy this summer. I think Oesterle stays in the 6th/7th role. Walman and Juolevi will fight the remainder of this season to see who gets a spot next year. Still gonna need two big dmen. Verbeek really screwed us handing Lindholm to Boston.

Excited for Sunkist. But we kinda have a lotta forwards now.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Bertuzzi

Rasmussen - Veleno - Sundqvist

Erne - Stephens - Zadina

Smith

Maybe we sign zero forward UFAs? Maybe good time to trade Zadina for a Dman like Chychrun.

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Technically they traded Domi to the Panthers and they retained 25% before sending him to the Hurricanes. I think. 

Weird that the panthers of all teams would step in to help another eastern conference playoff team with money. 

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Stecher: good, imo. He’s played 16 games this season and we got something for it. Beaulieu played 24 games for Winnipeg and they got a conditional 7th. 

Beaulieu is currently ON LTIR with a lower body injury. Stecher has been back FROM injury for over a month.

Beaulieu had 4 points in 24 games. Stecher had 4 points in 16.

Beaulieu is LH. Stecher is RH.

Stecher should have gotten a bigger return than Beaulieu IMO. If Beaulieu went for a 7th, Stecher should have gotten a 5th or 6th at the worst.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Sounds like from the presser Bert and Larks will be getting extensions this summer.

Yzerman should be pretty busy this summer. I think Oesterle stays in the 6th/7th role. Walman and Juolevi will fight the remainder of this season to see who gets a spot next year. Still gonna need two big dmen. Verbeek really screwed us handing Lindholm to Boston.

Excited for Sunkist. But we kinda have a lotta forwards now.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Bertuzzi

Rasmussen - Veleno - Sundqvist

Erne - Stephens - Zadina

Smith

Maybe we sign zero forward UFAs? Maybe good time to trade Zadina for a Dman like Chychrun.

Weird that the panthers of all teams would step in to help another eastern conference playoff team with money. 

I would trade Zadina for Chychrun.

Meh for the day. With the 1sts that were flying around, I thought we'd have more excitement in Detroit.

I look at the Vlad trade as basically a loan to Nill for the playoff run. I believe he will be back, and that is why he only got us a 4th 2 years from now. He'll be back. The kid bleeds Red Wings.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I call that a win.

it wasnt our 2nd?  ok, that changes things slightly.  the year of suck out of Leddy still stands.  lazy too.

im disappointed that we didnt spend any money.  I was hoping we'd go after Forsberg or picks with our cap room.  Maybe Yzerman has more tanking in mind for next year?  ughhh sighhh

Edited by Jonas Mahonas