• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Holland needs a Goalie in Edmonton, I wonder if he'd be interested in Greiss? He's been VERY consistent and IMO is better than either of the two he has there now. Of course, there are other G's available that may be more attractive. But it's just adds a little interest to trade Greiss instead of just letting him walk UFA come July. Maybe a pick? Or a package for a high pick and/or prospect? We ALL know Holland loves to overpay! 

Namestnikov has 23 points ATM, that would have to garner better than a 3rd to a contender? I'd be happy to re-sign him in July.

Dekeyser....ugh...

Leddy should get some looks. Sure he isn't tearing it up here, but this is still not a great team. Leddy on a contender is actually a nice piece. I am saying no less than a 2nd, and if Boston really wants him, or Toronto, it'll have to be a 1st because of the division. But I think a 2nd isn't out of the question from any other playoff team.

Other than that, I don't think we have any UFA players to trade that will get us much, I don't see Staal getting us too much since he'd have to waive his NMC, and that limits us who can deal with, so the return will be low. Stecher just got back from injury and hasn't played enough really to show a lot of interest. Unless Vancouver would like to get him back, maybe we'd get a 3rd or 4th.

I'm still cautiously waiting for that "Hockey Deal" to appear like last year. Could be a package of any of the UFA's above and a signed player, or it could just be a signed player. Although they are young and could, COULD, turn out eventually, I still see the names Zadina, Rasmussen and Hronek possibly in play. Not to keep harping on Holland, but these are Holland players and going back to his need of a goalie, a package of Greiss and one of these players could bring us a nice return. I just happen to think Hronek is becoming expendable with our D pipeline scorching up their leagues. I have nothing against these three, I just think if we are to see a hockey deal, then these are some names Yzerman would be fine parting ways with.

regarding Boston, would you send Leddy and a prospect (or one of the three I mentioned) to them for DeBrusk?

Also, with tons of capspace available, I really look forward to seeing Yzerman collecting tons of picks utilizing the cap to transfer some players (retaining salary) to Cup contenders. I know we can only retain 50% and I think up to three(?) players.

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Holland needs a Goalie in Edmonton, I wonder if he'd be interested in Greiss? He's been VERY consistent and IMO is better than either of the two he has there now. Of course, there are other G's available that may be more attractive. But it's just adds a little interest to trade Greiss instead of just letting him walk UFA come July. Maybe a pick? Or a package for a high pick and/or prospect? We ALL know Holland loves to overpay! 

Namestnikov has 23 points ATM, that would have to garner better than a 3rd to a contender? I'd be happy to re-sign him in July.

Dekeyser....ugh...

Leddy should get some looks. Sure he isn't tearing it up here, but this is still not a great team. Leddy on a contender is actually a nice piece. I am saying no less than a 2nd, and if Boston really wants him, or Toronto, it'll have to be a 1st because of the division. But I think a 2nd isn't out of the question from any other playoff team.

Other than that, I don't think we have any UFA players to trade that will get us much, I don't see Staal getting us too much since he'd have to waive his NMC, and that limits us who can deal with, so the return will be low. Stecher just got back from injury and hasn't played enough really to show a lot of interest. Unless Vancouver would like to get him back, maybe we'd get a 3rd or 4th.

I'm still cautiously waiting for that "Hockey Deal" to appear like last year. Could be a package of any of the UFA's above and a signed player, or it could just be a signed player. Although they are young and could, COULD, turn out eventually, I still see the names Zadina, Rasmussen and Hronek possibly in play. Not to keep harping on Holland, but these are Holland players and going back to his need of a goalie, a package of Greiss and one of these players could bring us a nice return. I just happen to think Hronek is becoming expendable with our D pipeline scorching up their leagues. I have nothing against these three, I just think if we are to see a hockey deal, then these are some names Yzerman would be fine parting ways with.

regarding Boston, would you send Leddy and a prospect (or one of the three I mentioned) to them for DeBrusk?

Also, with tons of capspace available, I really look forward to seeing Yzerman collecting tons of picks utilizing the cap to transfer some players (retaining salary) to Cup contenders. I know we can only retain 50% and I think up to three(?) players.

Swapping Greiss (50% retained) for Koskinen gives Holland a better goalie and saves him $2.7 in cap to make other moves. He should gift us a 2nd for this service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Bultman ranked SYs trades

Worst = Leddy

Best = Mantha

I was surprised. I thought Regula for Perlini would be the worst. Regula is playing pretty darn well for Chicago and should be a regular in the lineup by 22/23 years old. We essentially got nothing for him. 

I thought Fabbri for DLR would be best. Caps paid a high price for Mantha. But the Fabbri deal was a straight up robbery. 

Edited by bIueadams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Saw Bultman ranked SYs trades

Worst = Leddy

Best = Mantha

I was surprised. I thought Regula for Perlini would be the worst. Regula is playing pretty darn well for Chicago and should be a regular in the lineup by 22/23 years old. We essentially got nothing for him. 

I thought Fabbri for DLR would be best. Caps paid a high price for Mantha. But the Fabbri deal was a straight up robbery. 

How is the Leddy trade his worst? He gave up a 2nd and Panik. SY will probably get a 2nd back when he trades Leddy at the TDL and he still got Leddy's services and mentoring for a season and a half. And he got rid of Panik's contract too. He didn't lose anything in that trade.

The Fabbri, Mantha, and Ned trades could all be considered his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How is the Leddy trade his worst? He gave up a 2nd and Panik. SY will probably get a 2nd back when he trades Leddy at the TDL and he still got Leddy's services and mentoring for a season and a half. And he got rid of Panik's contract too. He didn't lose anything in that trade.

The Fabbri, Mantha, and Ned trades could all be considered his best.

I wouldn't give Yzerman a 2nd for Leddy. 12 pts and -27. The guy has been beyond awful this season. He can't defend at all anymore clearly, but I thought he'd at least generate offense for us... but he doesn't even do that. I'd give you more for Troy Stecher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bIueadams said:

I wouldn't give Yzerman a 2nd for Leddy. 12 pts and -27. The guy has been beyond awful this season. He can't defend at all anymore clearly, but I thought he'd at least generate offense for us... but he doesn't even do that. I'd give you more for Troy Stecher. 

Playoff teams love to trade for offense from defenseman. Leddy has not been good defensively, but I think he can still get a 2nd based on him only being a rental and past history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Playoff teams love to trade for offense from defenseman. Leddy has not been good defensively, but I think he can still get a 2nd based on him only being a rental and past history.

Leddy makes me miss Ericsson, Quincey, and Daley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Leddy makes me miss Ericsson, Quincey, and Daley. 

I'll die on the Kyle Quincey hill. Big fan of that guy. Miscast (like many other players) during the Holland/Babcock years into playing in the top four. But he was a solid defender, solid PK guy, and would have thrived in a role like we give Gustav Lindstrom now. He took a lot of penalties, which sucked, but I think a fair bit of that had to do with the coach asking him to defend against guys like Crosby each night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'll die on the Kyle Quincey hill. Big fan of that guy. Miscast (like many other players) during the Holland/Babcock years into playing in the top four. But he was a solid defender, solid PK guy, and would have thrived in a role like we give Gustav Lindstrom now. He took a lot of penalties, which sucked, but I think a fair bit of that had to do with the coach asking him to defend against guys like Crosby each night.

KFQ is the victim of Holland trading a 1st for him. Just like Ericsson is the victim of Holland handing him a giant contract.

Daley/Nemeth/Merrill/Quincey/Ericsson/Dekeyser/Staal were all not really that bad. Just playing way over their heads like you say. I want to blame Blashill for that, but how can you when he had no other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

KFQ is the victim of Holland trading a 1st for him. Just like Ericsson is the victim of Holland handing him a giant contract.

Daley/Nemeth/Merrill/Quincey/Ericsson/Dekeyser/Staal were all not really that bad. Just playing way over their heads like you say. I want to blame Blashill for that, but how can you when he had no other options.

All I can think is poor Nic Kronwall. The amount of dead weight that guy had to drag around the ice on defense after we lost Rafalski/Stuart/Lidstrom in one calendar year is heartbreaking. You had a very good, all situations, workhorse defender and you made him play with Daley, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Quincey, and Carlo f*cking Colaiacovo until his knees took pity on him and blew themselves up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

All I can think is poor Nic Kronwall. The amount of dead weight that guy had to drag around the ice on defense after we lost Rafalski/Stuart/Lidstrom in one calendar year is heartbreaking. You had a very good, all situations, workhorse defender and you made him play with Daley, Ericsson, Dekeyser, Quincey, and Carlo f*cking Colaiacovo until his knees took pity on him and blew themselves up.

Just don't do this to Seider now.

Dekeyser is in way over his head in the top4.
Leddy is not a top4 Dman any more.
Staal, bless him, he tries, but he just doesn't have the foot speed to defend against other teams elite players.
Oesterle I was hoping would be a good 5A/4B guy, but he looks like a solid 6th man to me

We have basically nothing of value on the left side. We have so much work to do there. IDK if we can even fully address it in one TDL and offseason.

I said the the same thing last year about goaltending - and then Yzerman went out and got Ned and Cossa - and shored up my concerns about the net in like a week. So I have to believe he can swing something here.

We need two capable top4 LHD at the very least. If we get just one that guy will end up playing with Hronek to support him, leaving Seider to carry some loser again.

We can't count on Edvinsson joining next year. We gotta plan for the worst. I hope he casts off some of our young bad forwards to get someone and then a UFA to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's doesn't reflect on Yzerman that Blashill is not using Leddy correctly. He was supposed to be partnered with Seider, at least that's what the talk was when he was acquired. His stats would be much different is he were. Also, I think that the trade seems worse because they drafted Raty with the pick. We'll see what we can get for Leddy in a couple of weeks. Playoff teams, and Cup contenders like D-men like Leddy.

Plus, Panik has only played in 4 games for NYI and with only 1 point.

Edited by LeftWinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's doesn't reflect on Yzerman that Blashill is not using Leddy correctly. He was supposed to be partnered with Seider, at least that's what the talk was when he was acquired. His stats would be much different is he were. Also, I think that the trade seems worse because they drafted Raty with the pick. We'll see what we can get for Leddy in a couple of weeks. Playoff teams, and Cup contenders like D-men like Leddy.

Plus, Panik has only played in 4 games for NYI and with only 1 point.

Leddy has been paired with Hronek. Hronek isn't a bad Dman. Yet Leddy can't generate offense and leads the team with nearly -30 on a middle of the pack squad.

He's a super mega blackhole on the blueline. His past play and name mean nothing at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

NO NO NO Frank Seravalli is adding Bertuzzi to his list of available players at the TDL 

Says only Raymond and Seider are protected and teams like Bertuzzi as a Marchand lite. 

With you on this.

He, Larkin, and Vrana are key veteran cogs to a SCF. You need guys like Bertuzzi in the playoffs.

I would rather see them move some of our D prospects to gain a legit NHL 1D with term.

I don't know if it is enough, but I'm hoping Berggren, Wallinder, Johansson, and picks get the ball rolling on Chychrun or another guy with 2-3 years remaining.

Otherwise, if they move Bertuzzi, I hope they blow it to hell and move anyone over the age of 24/25 that is not named Larkin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

With you on this.

He, Larkin, and Vrana are key veteran cogs to a SCF. You need guys like Bertuzzi in the playoffs.

I would rather see them move some of our D prospects to gain a legit NHL 1D with term.

I don't know if it is enough, but I'm hoping Berggren, Wallinder, Johansson, and picks get the ball rolling on Chychrun or another guy with 2-3 years remaining.

Otherwise, if they move Bertuzzi, I hope they blow it to hell and move anyone over the age of 24/25 that is not named Larkin. 

It just doesn't make much sense to me. Why re-sign expiring Fabbri and then trade the better player with term in Bertuzzi? Maybe you just want more and better draft picks that Bertuzzi can bring you? But if that's the case why are you wasting draft picks on guys like Leddy? If Bertuzzi is available then we should expect Vrana is also and perhaps even Larkin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

It just doesn't make much sense to me. Why re-sign expiring Fabbri and then trade the better player with term in Bertuzzi? Maybe you just want more and better draft picks that Bertuzzi can bring you? But if that's the case why are you wasting draft picks on guys like Leddy? If Bertuzzi is available then we should expect Vrana is also and perhaps even Larkin. 

Fabbri is on a 3-year deal. That is a "keep some competent players around for the rebuild" contract.

My guess is Larkin is the only 25+ player who will be around when this team, contends again. Even then, I don't think he'll be 1C when that time comes. 

The first half of the season got folks excited. Myself included. But we're still 5 years away from seeing this team win playoff rounds. A 32-year-old Bertuzzi, unfortunately, does not fit that window very well. 

Bert's value is at an all-time high right now. I'm not even convinced contenders would be worried about the Canada thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Fabbri is on a 3-year deal. That is a "keep some competent players around for the rebuild" contract.

My guess is Larkin is the only 25+ player who will be around when this team, contends again. Even then, I don't think he'll be 1C when that time comes. 

The first half of the season got folks excited. Myself included. But we're still 5 years away from seeing this team win playoff rounds. A 32-year-old Bertuzzi, unfortunately, does not fit that window very well. 

Bert's value is at an all-time high right now. I'm not even convinced contenders would be worried about the Canada thing. 

I genuinely don't agree. In about a year we went from being one of the league's worst teams, to a middle of the pack team. And we largely did that by adding three good rookies. Our offense scores enough to win games. Our defense is just terrible. But it's about to see A) a huge influx of homegrown talent, and B) addition by subtraction with guys like DK, Staal, Leddy, and Stecher gone and replaced by better free agents.

You give this same exact team a competent defense and we're in the playoff hunt. Add a legit 2C and Vrana for a full season and you're even better. I'm not saying there's not work left to be done, but I don't see it taking 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this