• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

12/14 - Isles @ Wings - 7:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

We had some energy and jam. Kinda seems like they were pretty tired out by the end of that last stretch.

Just to add something...
They did a good job of transition and zone entries against a defense minded Isles team. Early part of the game was very much up and down the ice...

Edited by Austrianwing
ETA

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Meh Zadina is still filling nets I see.  What a POS.

Man he gets a lot shots.  For a dude that was going to fill the net with pucks he sure has a terrible shot.  You’d think if your getting that many shots fairly consistently in a game you’d make shooting accuracy your #1 priority.  Which he clearly is not doing.  For this I blame Blashill too

45 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Man he gets a lot shots.  For a dude that was going to fill the net with pucks he sure has a terrible shot.  You’d think if your getting that many shots fairly consistently in a game you’d make shooting accuracy your #1 priority.  Which he clearly is not doing.  For this I blame Blashill too

This is the most mind boggling ironic part about Zadina that drives me nuts.

When I first started pooping on Zadina it was because I thought he wasn't very good for x,y,z reasons, but - and as I said at the time - at least he can play somewhat good D and can shoot (if we can get someone to feed him). I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the shooting at the time because he was billed as a sniper, he didn't have a good center, and I guess I just let that cloud my vision. Boy did I F up. Apologies all around. This is not a sniper. His shooting is awful.

And before the Zadina slappies jump down my throat... No, I don't expect guys like Seider to be great shooters. Yes, I do expect #6 overall snipers to be shooters. Yet - and funny enough - I'd probably put my money on Seider in a shooting contest between the two all day. That's the saddest part. The Dman who's one weakness is shooting shoots better than the forward who's one strength is shooting. That should tell you all you need to know about Zadina.

Folks around here are gonna owe @mackel a lot of apologies in the near future.

Edited by bIueadams

13 hours ago, bIueadams said:

When I first started pooping on Zadina it was because I thought he wasn't very good for x,y,z reasons, but - and as I said at the time - at least he can play somewhat good D and can shoot (if we can get someone to feed him). I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the shooting at the time because he was billed as a sniper, he didn't have a good center, and I guess I just let that cloud my vision. Boy did I F up. Apologies all around. This is not a sniper. His shooting is awful.

And before the Zadina slappies jump down my throat... No, I don't expect guys like Seider to be great shooters. Yes, I do expect #6 overall snipers to be shooters. Yet - and funny enough - I'd probably put my money on Seider in a shooting contest between the two all day. That's the saddest part. The Dman who's one weakness is shooting shoots better than the forward who's one strength is shooting. That should tell you all you need to know about Zadina.

Truth be told my eyes are telling me he's looking better - more confident - more engaged - however his shot is still craptacular...

16 hours ago, mackel said:

Meh Zadina is still filling nets I see.  What a POS.

To be fair, he is creating offense and scoring opportunities. That is a skill in itself. But he definitely cannot seem to put the puck in the net when given the chance. Accuracy is something that can definitely be improved.

16 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

missed the entire game.  did we look ok?

Yes. Islanders goalie kept them in the game.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

To be fair, he is creating offense and scoring opportunities. That is a skill in itself. But he definitely cannot seem to put the puck in the net when given the chance. Accuracy is something that can definitely be improved.

Yes. Islanders goalie kept them in the game.

A player 29 games into the season without 1 primary assist generates offense?

X Doubt

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I actually plan on sharting in his face regardless.

You've probaly got the same precision with your shart as your boy Zadina has with his shot... so absolutely nothing to worry about.

26 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Really like that ERNE RAS ZADINA line last night. 

No one talking about healthy scratch Veleno?  Too busy gifting him 3C spots on your 22 napkin rosters? 

Who's doing that?  Veleno is hot garbage too... another of Kenny's "steals" that were in free fall at the draft.

20 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I wanted to like him, heck I wanted to love him even.  I thought little Z just needed some time, a little grooming.  Nope.  

@mackel I apologize for you sir were correct this entire time.  My red tinted glasses just didn’t allow me to see past the truth.