• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Gustav Lindstrom

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Going on record now saying that this guy is a lot better than all of us think.  Seems like Stahl has found a nice groove with him.  Would like to see Edvinsson paired with him next year.  I think they'd compliment each other well.

U just noticing now? 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

U just noticing now? 

I was skeptical for a while because the offensive output was not showing up in the scoresheet.  And to be honest, I didn't watch a lot last year because of my streambox taking a dump.  But I have ESPN+ now and can watch all the games again.  This guy would be picking up lots of points if paired with Mo Seider.  So I think the only way to grade him is how well he plays defensively and keeps the opponent from getting cycle time in our end.  And he's done A+ work the last 10 games, despite having to carry his pairing a bit more than normal (no offense to Stahl - he's just old).  If they pair Lindstrom with Edvinsson, he'll start being able to contribute more offensively.

4 hours ago, ely s said:

Lindström is a good 3rd pairing d-man, Edvinsson should start with either Mo or Hronek. I would personally prefer this:

Edvinsson-Seider

Zadorov-Hronek

Veteran/Oesterle-Lindström

I would LOVE to pick up Lindholm so we can push Eddog to 2nd pairing to play with Hronek.

Lindholm-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Sebrango-Lindstrom

Johansson, Osterle

That would be a good 8 to carry.

Lindstrom is not spectacular, but solid. A quality 3rd pairing dman, and a right handed shot. 

Having seen him at camp, he is just one of those who doesn't really stand out, but in a good way. He isnt throwing big hits, or putting up a lot of points, but he isn't making big mistakes. He is just there, doing his job.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would LOVE to pick up Lindholm so we can push Eddog to 2nd pairing to play with Hronek.

Lindholm-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Sebrango-Lindstrom

Johansson, Osterle

That would be a good 8 to carry.

Lindholm will cost a fortune if he is still on the market in free agency. Anaheim has plenty of cap space and I think Lindholm will have a new contract around the TDL anyway. Zadorov will hit free agency and our defense needs some extra punch on the defensive side. Hronek and Leddy don´t play hard enough, Staal is doing a lot of things right but lacks strength and agility, DK is not an NHL level player anymore, He´s almost as strong as wet toast, his decision making and passing is abysmal, it´s painful to watch him play. Lindström is solid in all aspects and not afraid to play the body. A guy like Zadorov would give the team more options and resistance against heavy teams like Dallas,Boston or Washington. We need to be harder to play against in our d-zone.

3 hours ago, ely s said:

Lindholm will cost a fortune if he is still on the market in free agency. Anaheim has plenty of cap space and I think Lindholm will have a new contract around the TDL anyway. Zadorov will hit free agency and our defense needs some extra punch on the defensive side. Hronek and Leddy don´t play hard enough, Staal is doing a lot of things right but lacks strength and agility, DK is not an NHL level player anymore, He´s almost as strong as wet toast, his decision making and passing is abysmal, it´s painful to watch him play. Lindström is solid in all aspects and not afraid to play the body. A guy like Zadorov would give the team more options and resistance against heavy teams like Dallas,Boston or Washington. We need to be harder to play against in our d-zone.

Im all for it.  I agree that Anaheim will re-sign Lindholm.  Its a pipe dream.

I liked Alexei Marchenko. I like Gustav Lindstrom too. Maybe he can hang around longer. He's just never going to be more than a 3rd pairing we can easily replace. I almost rather insert a Mike Commodore or Matt Carkner type in that place. Bring an added dimension to the team.

On 12/27/2021 at 2:11 AM, bIueadams said:

I liked Alexei Marchenko. I like Gustav Lindstrom too. Maybe he can hang around longer. He's just never going to be more than a 3rd pairing we can easily replace. I almost rather insert a Mike Commodore or Matt Carkner type in that place. Bring an added dimension to the team.

I think he's A LOT better than you realize.

On 12/27/2021 at 4:11 AM, bIueadams said:

Better than Marchenko. Nick Jensen would be a better comparable.