• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Seider v Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Seider v Lidstrom  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lids currently hold the franchise record for most points by a rookie Dman with 60 pts. Seider is currently on pace to match that.

I sincerely believe Seider should be the winner of the Calder AND the Norris this year. But knowing the NHL they won't have the balls to award the Norris to a rookie...

Lidstrom is probably the smartest defensive mind to ever grace the ice. But Seider is no dumby himself and adds size and truculence to the mix. Nick also had the advantage of playing on playoff teams his entire career, many of which were absolute powerhouses. Seider is doing this with little to no support, partnered with a malnourished washed up DDK 7th Dman. Even Leddy has been a blackhole on defense this year.

The time has come gentlemen. Will you cling to the old gods? Or join me in the temple of the Mo to heed the teachings of our new prophet?

They actually play very similar games with the puck.  Seider is a bit more physical and has a better reach, which allows him to be a 1/2 step slower.  Lidstrom had the extra 1/2 step and better edge work, allowing him to poke check and position himself more effectively.  Both guys are great alomg the boards.  Seider wants to give you bruises while he embarrasses you, while Lidstrom just wanted to take your entire soul.  But this is how it starts.  You were in diapers in 1991, blueadams, so you probably think Lidstrom was an added piece to an all star team.  But thats false.  Lidstrom allowed other pieces to be effective adds.  And you will see that with Mo too.

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

They actually play very similar games with the puck.  Seider is a bit more physical and has a better reach, which allows him to be a 1/2 step slower.  Lidstrom had the extra 1/2 step and better edge work, allowing him to poke check and position himself more effectively.  Both guys are great alomg the boards.  Seider wants to give you bruises while he embarrasses you, while Lidstrom just wanted to take your entire soul.  But this is how it starts.  You were in diapers in 1991, blueadams, so you probably think Lidstrom was an added piece to an all star team.  But thats false.  Lidstrom allowed other pieces to be effective adds.  And you will see that with Mo too.

Chiasson/McCrimmon/Konstantinov >>>>> Dekeyser/Leddy/Hronek

Not to mention the team already had two legitimate superstars upfront in Yzerman and Fedorov. Something this team severely lacks.

Nick never won the Calder
Mo is going to win the Calder

Nick didn't win his first Norris until he was 31
Mo will have his first before he is 25

It's only a matter of time now... all my prophecies on this kid have come true.

Edited by bIueadams

6 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Chiasson/McCrimmon/Konstantinov >>>>> Dekeyser/Leddy/Hronek

Not to mention the team already had two legitimate superstars upfront in Yzerman and Fedorov. Something this team severely lacks.

Nick never won the Calder
Mo is going to win the Calder

Nick didn't win his first Norris until he was 31
Mo will have his first before he is 25

It's only a matter of time now... all my prophecies on this kid have come true.

I am literally watching all of the games again because of Seider.  Youre gonna be really excited when they put him with a good LHD.  

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I am literally watching all of the games again because of Seider.  Youre gonna be really excited when they put him with a good LHD.  

I can't wait for him to break Lidstrom's rookie record next to DK.

Next we're going to get him a decent partner and break Lidstrom's record for points in a single season by a Dman (80). He can do that before 30.

Then it's a slow chug to beat Lidstrom's 1142 career pts. But that is going to happen.

9 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I can't wait for him to break Lidstrom's rookie record next to DK.

Next we're going to get him a decent partner and break Lidstrom's record for points in a single season by a Dman (80). He can do that before 30.

Then it's a slow chug to beat Lidstrom's 1142 career pts. But that is going to happen.

he will get 80+ next season

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There are still a lot of people saying Hughes would go first. He has been hot lately.

Think it comes down to what you value more. A #1 Center or a #1 Dman. 

Hughes is a really good offensive player, but there's no way I take him 1st overall in a re-draft. His entire game is predicated on time and space and matchups. He starts 61% of his shifts in the offensive zone. If you have to hide your best player from tough opposition in order for him to be effective A) your team is f*cked in the playoffs, and B) he's not as good as you think. Larkin, for comparison's sake starts in the offensive zone 51% of the time and still outscores Hughes. Any guess what'll happen to Jack in the playoffs when he's got to face a dude like Larkin every single night and can't be sheltered as much?

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Hughes is a really good offensive player, but there's no way I take him 1st overall in a re-draft. His entire game is predicated on time and space and matchups. He starts 61% of his shifts in the offensive zone. If you have to hide your best player from tough opposition in order for him to be effective A) your team is f*cked in the playoffs, and B) he's not as good as you think. Larkin, for comparison's sake starts in the offensive zone 51% of the time and still outscores Hughes. Any guess what'll happen to Jack in the playoffs when he's got to face a dude like Larkin every single night and can't be sheltered as much?

Theres a rather large different between a 25yo and 20yo in the nhl. Im sure Larkin was sheltered quite a bit more when he was younger aswell.

14 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Theres a rather large different between a 25yo and 20yo in the nhl. Im sure Larkin was sheltered quite a bit more when he was younger aswell.

Agreed, but at no point was Larkin ever considered a top five talent, let alone a guy people were calling "generational" and the like. Ideally you don't wanna have to hide your franchise savior from good players if you're New Jersey. If Jack puts on about 20 more pounds and learns how to play a tougher brand of hockey maybe he'll prove me wrong (Crosby did it after all). But right now I see a priss that can't handle the grind of an NHL season, and it's only gonna get worse if they start making the playoffs. There's a reason Yzerman values competitiveness in his draft picks after all.

Read this article about Jack. He's a kid who's had it easy his whole life and really isn't used to putting in the work.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32999798/how-jack-hughes-leveled-game-personality-season

>Be me
>Mo Seider
>Game 57
>Paired with Daniel Kaiser
>Hate that guy
>Score anyway
>Manager instructs me I broke another record from Niklas Lindstrum
>Not sure who Nik Lindstrum is, but apologize for having broken it
>Manager instructs me that soon he will be forced to "trade away" some of my comrades
>Support his decision to purge weak undesirables from the team
>Return home to watch Herbie The Lovebug
>4,637th day in a row I have watched it
>In the German Empire Herbie is smash hit comedy #1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:33 AM, kipwinger said:

Agreed, but at no point was Larkin ever considered a top five talent, let alone a guy people were calling "generational" and the like. Ideally you don't wanna have to hide your franchise savior from good players if you're New Jersey. If Jack puts on about 20 more pounds and learns how to play a tougher brand of hockey maybe he'll prove me wrong (Crosby did it after all). But right now I see a priss that can't handle the grind of an NHL season, and it's only gonna get worse if they start making the playoffs. There's a reason Yzerman values competitiveness in his draft picks after all.

Read this article about Jack. He's a kid who's had it easy his whole life and really isn't used to putting in the work.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32999798/how-jack-hughes-leveled-game-personality-season

Seider made him look pedestrian this year.  Hughes is a poor man's Wayne Gretzky right now.  And that style doesnt translate as well in today's game as it did in the 80s.  

Biggest dissapointment so far: Eddogg. Not nearly ready. Play is sloppy and lazy. Needs at least a full year in GR. 

No where close to Seider at the same age in terms of smarts and maturity of game. 

Seider is the next Chelios/Pronger. Eddogg looks more like the next Kronwall. 

48 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Biggest dissapointment so far: Eddogg. Not nearly ready. Play is sloppy and lazy. Needs at least a full year in GR. 

No where close to Seider at the same age in terms of smarts and maturity of game. 

I agree. In terms of pure skill hes way above Seider but he needs to get his s*** together.

58 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I agree with your premise but not your conclusion. His play is lazy right now, and definitely sloppy. But I don't think it's that he's "not close to Seider" or whatever. The dude DOMINATED the SHL a year ago. His 5on5 scoring rate as a D+1 was better than Seider's as a D+2 in that league. He was dominant in the Champions League tournament. At points a year ago the SHL seemed genuinely too easy for him. Now he's playing with a bunch of kids that don't play right, aren't in their spots, don't play defense, etc.

I think Edvinsson is way too good for the Traverse City prospects tournament and he knows it, so he doesn't care. I play in a pool tournament every week and it seems like you never play your best when you're playing someone who's obviously terrible. Partially because you know you're better than them, and partly because the game becomes sloppy and chaotic when people don't know what they're doing.

I'd send him to GR to prove a point, anytime your skates touch the ice you better bust your ass. He's cocky and hasn't had to earn the level of entitlement he seems to carry around just yet.  I agree it's a matter of maturity, but I don't think it's a matter of talent. His game is pretty mature, his attitude isn't. He looks like Jacob Chychrun in terms of his skill level and physical tools. He's on another level than most guys athletically (even Seider). Because of that I think things come easy to him and he hasn't had a reality check yet. Better to do it now than have him turn into the Mantha of defense.

Edited by kipwinger

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I agree with your premise but not your conclusion. His play is lazy right now, and definitely sloppy. But I don't think it's that he's "not close to Seider" or whatever. The dude DOMINATED the SHL a year ago. His 5on5 scoring rate as a D+1 was better than Seider's as a D+2 in that league. He was dominant in the Champions League tournament. At points a year ago the SHL seemed genuinely too easy for him. Now he's playing with a bunch of kids that don't play right, aren't in their spots, don't play defense, etc.

I think Edvinsson is way too good for the Traverse City prospects tournament and he knows it, so he doesn't care. I play in a pool tournament every week and it seems like you never play your best when you're playing someone who's obviously terrible. Partially because you know you're better than them, and partly because the game becomes sloppy and chaotic when people don't know what they're doing.

I'd send him to GR to prove a point, anytime your skates touch the ice you better bust your ass. He's cocky and hasn't had to earn the level of entitlement he seems to carry around just yet.  I agree it's a matter of maturity, but I don't think it's a matter of talent. His game is pretty mature, his attitude isn't. He looks like Jacob Chychrun in terms of his skill level and physical tools. He's on another level than most guys athletically (even Seider). Because of that I think things come easy to him and he hasn't had a reality check yet. Better to do it now than have him turn into the Mantha of defense.

Edvinsson is obviously a good player with a lot of tools, but he does not WOW me like Seider always has. You know how folks always say crap like "If you don't notice a defensemen THAT MEANS HES GOOD" or whatever? That's Eddogg. The Dman you don't notice as much (in a good way).

Seider forces you to notice him every game. High event hockey. Always taking the puck, laying a hit, making the pass, influencing the play. That's the difference between stars and SUPERstars.

#Mo-gang #53fortheC #Swedenisn'treal