• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Seider v Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Seider v Lidstrom  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Edvinsson is obviously a good player with a lot of tools, but he does not WOW me like Seider always has. You know how folks always say crap like "If you don't notice a defensemen THAT MEANS HES GOOD" or whatever? That's Eddogg. The Dman you don't notice as much (in a good way).

Everything you just said here is wrong. 

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

”Edgod is not noticeable”

c’mon now.mp3

Well, his mistakes in the tournament were pretty noticeable. 

He'll be fine though. He has the right work ethic and will learn from his mistakes. He makes a lot less now than he did one year ago. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Based on preseason action thus far, I stand by my assessment that Eddog needs a bit of time in GR. 

Soderblom is making the opening night roster.

Eddog will spend the year in GR while Seider gets his first Norris. 

On 9/29/2022 at 7:17 AM, marcaractac said:

Johansson will also win the third pairing roster spot instead

Johansson was AWFUL against Chi.  Like high school level awful.  I was expecting so much more tempo and so much more situational awareness.  I hope that I just saw the worst game of his life and he comes back to being the guy everybody is saying he is.  Because he looked like a poor man's Dennis Cholowski.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Johansson was AWFUL against Chi.  Like high school level awful.  I was expecting so much more tempo and so much more situational awareness.  I hope that I just saw the worst game of his life and he comes back to being the guy everybody is saying he is.  Because he looked like a poor man's Dennis Cholowski.

I only saw clips and not the whole game.   What do you think his problems were?  

NA smaller ice  -  Rookie nerves  - speed of the game  - lack of vision?

5 hours ago, town123 said:

I only saw clips and not the whole game.   What do you think his problems were?  

NA smaller ice  -  Rookie nerves  - speed of the game  - lack of vision?

He was completely FLATFOOTED.  Zero flow.  Much like Leddy and Lindstrom last year.  Not attacking the puck and clearing attacking players.  He was puck watching the entire game.  Complete deer in the headlights.  I was shocked.  Everybody is billing this guy as a good 2 way defenseman.  He looked like he had no business suiting up for a professional team against Chicago.  Again, ONE game.  Will give him time.  But difference between Edvinsson and Johansson is like that between Larkin and Erne.  Do NOT count on Johansson solving any team issues as of now.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas

18 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He was completely FLATFOOTED.  Zero flow.  Much like Leddy and Lindstrom last year.  Not attacking the puck and clearing attacking players.  He was puck watching the entire game.  Complete deer in the headlights.  I was shocked.  Everybody is billing this guy as a good 2 way defenseman.  He looked like he had no business suiting up for a professional team against Chicago.  Again, ONE game.  Will give him time.  But difference between Edvinsson and Johansson is like that between Larkin and Erne.  Do NOT count on Johansson solving any team issues as of now.

Thanks for that....how depressing.    Hopefully it's just jitters, although who has the nerves for the whole game.    Maybe he looks at the game tape and gets pissed and motivated.

1 hour ago, town123 said:

Thanks for that....how depressing.    Hopefully it's just jitters, although who has the nerves for the whole game.    Maybe he looks at the game tape and gets pissed and motivated.

Yah, Im hoping he just had the worst night of his career and its a one off.  That puck watching style just depressed me.  I thought he was going to be more like Niedermeyer and always find a way to break things up and transition the puck.  He just spectated as Chicago guys torched him.

Caught a bunch of last nights game and thought Cross Hanas was great.   Raymond is a killer and Vrana could score 50 goals this year if he's on the top line instead of Bert.

Cossa even looked good although he only stopped 9 shots.

1 hour ago, town123 said:

Caught a bunch of last nights game and thought Cross Hanas was great.   Raymond is a killer and Vrana could score 50 goals this year if he's on the top line instead of Bert.

Cossa even looked good although he only stopped 9 shots.

Johansson was better too.  Got caught puckwatching a few times,but looked a lot better overall.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Johansson was better too.  Got caught puckwatching a few times,but looked a lot better overall.

Is he for sure playing at GR this year?   I hope so because the kid needs (like Eddog) to experience having less time to react mainly because of the smaller rink.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:44 PM, Euro_Twins said:

Why is that? He needs to learn and adapt to the north American gane. Being in frolunda slows his development further

Quality of competition in the AHL is not good enough. Playing with and facing better players= better development. Simple as. 

Anyways, this looks like the line-up for opening night to me;

And Copp ofc if healthy. 

And Ned. 

Edited by Akakabuto