• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Elmer Soderblom

Rate this topic

Guy deserves his own thread.

6'8" 250 lbs <---- (that's insane) We basically just drafted the forward version of Chara

He's now Frolunda's first 20 goal scorer in 5 years, and he's only 20 years old.

Frolunda had to have contractors come into the stadium and redo all the doorways because Soderblom was hitting his head on them.

HYPE this s*** I see him joining this team very soon

Edited by bIueadams

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

3rd line RW most likely and net front on the PP. Looking forward to it.

Pretty sure that's exactly where Franzen started.

Soderblom is not that aggressive from what I've seen - a bit like Ericsson - but I've seen a few clips of guys taking runs at him to basically no effect. He just swats them away like flys.

4 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Listed now at 6'9" and 250 lbs, He's the Zdano Chara of forwards.

Maybe he can play for the Pistons too. Lord knows they could use him.

13 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I know right, Pretty much thinking the exact same thing, He's a monster and a beast.

Like how can this prospect even fail? He's proved he has hands and offensive talent. Even if that doesn't work out he's freaking massive and we can teach him to grind.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Pretty sure that's exactly where Franzen started.

Soderblom is not that aggressive from what I've seen - a bit like Ericsson - but I've seen a few clips of guys taking runs at him to basically no effect. He just swats them away like flys.

He's just exactly like a bigger Franzen. I've watched a ton of their games this year and that's the player he reminds me of most. He's big, nasty shot, good hands, good skating (for his size). He's not physical in the "Tom Wilson" sense, but he's physical in the "you can't get the puck from me" sense. Just like Franzen was. This kid is going to be awesome.

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Like how can this prospect even fail? He's proved he has hands and offensive talent. Even if that doesn't work out he's freaking massive and we can teach him to grind.

https://themalikreport.com/2021/10/22/roughly-translated-20-questions-with-elmer-soderblom-via-icehockeygifs/

FWIW he benches over 300 lbs. So he's not some tall skinny pud either. He's a beast.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's just exactly like a bigger Franzen. I've watched a ton of their games this year and that's the player he reminds me of most. He's big, nasty shot, good hands, good skating (for his size). He's not physical in the "Tom Wilson" sense, but he's physical in the "you can't get the puck from me" sense. Just like Franzen was. This kid is going to be awesome.

https://themalikreport.com/2021/10/22/roughly-translated-20-questions-with-elmer-soderblom-via-icehockeygifs/

FWIW he benches over 300 lbs. So he's not some tall skinny pud either. He's a beast.

Christ. I know he just physically has more muscle mass, but for a guy with his wingspan to move 300 lbs like that takes a lot more energy than a guy with short arms does. Physics or whatever.

This is impressive. Hopefully we can beat the Nordic politeness out of him.

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Christ. I know he just physically has more muscle mass, but for a guy with his wingspan to move 300 lbs like that takes a lot more energy than a guy with short arms does. Physics or whatever.

This is impressive. Hopefully we can beat the Nordic politeness out of him.

Hopefully we can get Elmer to show Rasmussen around the weight room.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hopefully we can get Elmer to show Rasmussen around the weight room.

300 lbs is an impressive feat. Like you should stop running completely and lift everyday for 2 years to hit 300 lb natural bench press. For a short guy.

He's skating regularly and has super long arms and is doing this at 20 years old.

We've drafted a monster.

As impressive as his size is, his shot is the best part of his game. He's got a REALLY good shot. His release is sick, but he can change angles, pick corners, shoot off drags. He has a A level shot and you basically can't defend it because his stick is so long (6ft). I genuinely believe you're looking at a 30 goal scorer in the NHL given what a nightmare he'll be to defend.

54 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

As impressive as his size is, his shot is the best part of his game. He's got a REALLY good shot. His release is sick, but he can change angles, pick corners, shoot off drags. He has a A level shot and you basically can't defend it because his stick is so long (6ft). I genuinely believe you're looking at a 30 goal scorer in the NHL given what a nightmare he'll be to defend.

So he should show Ras the weight room and Zadina how to shoot?

The team's U-25 roster/prospect depth chart is insane.

Zadina-Larkin-Raymond

Berggren - Suter - Niederbach

Soderblom - Veleno - Rasmussen

Smith - Stephens - Mastrosimone

Mazur - Savage - Hanas

Edvinsson - Seider

Johansson - Hronek 

Sebrango - Lindstrom

Wallinder - McIsaac

Buium - Viro

Can you name a deeper team looking forward two years???

WOW!

And to think... Stecher isnt listed. Vrana isnt listed. Fabbri isnt listed. BERTUZZI isnt listed - and he is the oldest of the three at all of 27!

We're going to be good. Cap management will be the only concern.

Edited by _SP_

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I agree on Franzen comp. Soderblom is gonna look real nice on line1 with Larkin and Raymond in a couple yrs.

3 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

I agree on Franzen comp. Soderblom is gonna look real nice on line1 with Larkin and Raymond in a couple yrs.

Seems like its just a matter of gym/skate coach work for this cat.

Lazy and Sucks - He will fizzle

Goes Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Veleno style - He will be a dynamo