• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Eddog vs. Seider

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

IMO most of these things are too close to call between the two of them to say either has a real advantage. The clear advantage I see with Seider is his physicality and offensive prowess are a head above Edvinsson, and it looks like only the tip of the iceberg for him in those departments.

Edvinsson on the other hand might possibly have a super high ceiling. Like Hedman level ceiling. But much like Hedman it might take him 4-7  seasons to get there.  I'm not positive he will have the same impact as Seider in his first season.

4-7 seasons?  According to Marc, he will be hitting UFA in 2024.  We better no spend any money this offseason.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

4-7 seasons?  According to Marc, he will be hitting UFA in 2024.  We better no spend any money this offseason.

Hedman was a 20 pt Dman his first 3 seasons. Then a 50 pt Dman for another 4 seasons. Now he flirts with PPG regularly.

Hoping Edvinsson doesn't need that long to reach his potential, but it could be that long.

Marc doesn't understand how free agency works.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Hedman was a 20 pt Dman his first 3 seasons. Then a 50 pt Dman for another 4 seasons. Now he flirts with PPG regularly.

Hoping Edvinsson doesn't need that long to reach his potential, but it could be that long.

Marc doesn't understand how free agency works.

The hilarious part of all of it is how frugal he is with pretend money.  Like George Costanza type frugal.

I've never had a harder time getting a guy to just say "That would be awesome" when thinking up pipe dreams.

11 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

The hilarious part of all of it is how frugal he is with pretend money.  Like George Costanza type frugal.

I've never had a harder time getting a guy to just say "That would be awesome" when thinking up pipe dreams.

GMs who come up with your "pipe dreams" end up being the Philadelphia Flyers. Heaven forbid I not be overcome with joy at the thought of Hampus ******* Lindholm. 

I also don't know how many more times I can reiterate that I do not have an issue with him being signed. If he were willing to take a team-friendly deal to come to the Swedish Wings? Fine! Do it up! But he is gonna get massively overpaid being one of the top UFA targets.

Every damn year we see these contracts get inked that end up as regret in little time, yet here we are.... again with these silly little wet dreams that you have. 

13 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

What is the world like with such a smooth brain?

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

GMs who come up with your "pipe dreams" end up being the Philadelphia Flyers. Heaven forbid I not be overcome with joy at the thought of Hampus ******* Lindholm. 

I also don't know how many more times I can reiterate that I do not have an issue with him being signed. If he were willing to take a team-friendly deal to come to the Swedish Wings? Fine! Do it up! But he is gonna get massively overpaid being one of the top UFA targets.

Every damn year we see these contracts get inked that end up as regret in little time, yet here we are.... again with these silly little wet dreams that you have. 

What is the world like with such a smooth brain?

We arent going to get either of Lindholm or Forsberg, so I guess we will have to plug away with some junk for a bit.  

50 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We arent going to get either of Lindholm or Forsberg, so I guess we will have to plug away with some junk for a bit.  

Just look at the AAV Ristolainen just got. He is awful. Lindholm is a good dman (that I've never disputed). If Risto can get $5M per year, I shudder to think what getting Lindholm could cost. 

Carolina is likely gonna have a couple of centers hit the market July 1. Trocheck or Kotkaniemi. I wouldn't mind seeing either one of those signed. Trocheck will come cheaper than Forsberg. Kotkaniemi would simply be bringing in a 22 yo center and seeing what he could become. No way the Canes qualify him at 6.5M. 

I also still think a Chychrun trade is the best option for a LHD. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Just look at the AAV Ristolainen just got. He is awful. Lindholm is a good dman (that I've never disputed). If Risto can get $5M per year, I shudder to think what getting Lindholm could cost. 

Carolina is likely gonna have a couple of centers hit the market July 1. Trocheck or Kotkaniemi. I wouldn't mind seeing either one of those signed. Trocheck will come cheaper than Forsberg. Kotkaniemi would simply be bringing in a 22 yo center and seeing what he could become. No way the Canes qualify him at 6.5M. 

I also still think a Chychrun trade is the best option for a LHD. 

Chychrun is going to cost us assets (Edvinsson + 2022 1st) that wr wony want to give up.

Kotkaniemi would be a great add.

Ducks will offer Lindholm 8 per for 8 years.  Will more than likely take a 9.5 for 7 years to get him out of Anaheim   With the Avs, Lightning, and Panthers so far ahead of us talentwise, thats a huge gamble for Yzerman.  Does the addition of Wright, Lindholm, Forsberg, Edvinsson, Berggren, Mcisaac, and Sebrango even give us enough?  Probably not.  And that includes 3 things that have almost zero chance of happening.  

So I think we are in for aslow rebuild.  We will add 2 pieces a season untol we have a chance to contend.  Then Stevie will bring in some decent guys from outside to compliment the core.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Chychrun is going to cost us assets (Edvinsson + 2022 1st) that wr wony want to give up.

Kotkaniemi would be a great add.

Ducks will offer Lindholm 8 per for 8 years.  Will more than likely take a 9.5 for 7 years to get him out of Anaheim   With the Avs, Lightning, and Panthers so far ahead of us talentwise, thats a huge gamble for Yzerman.  Does the addition of Wright, Lindholm, Forsberg, Edvinsson, Berggren, Mcisaac, and Sebrango even give us enough?  Probably not.  And that includes 3 things that have almost zero chance of happening.  

So I think we are in for aslow rebuild.  We will add 2 pieces a season untol we have a chance to contend.  Then Stevie will bring in some decent guys from outside to compliment the core.

I'd never pull the trigger if we had to give up Edvinsson to get Chycrhun. The hope would be a 1st (probably also a 3rd in the following year), that they see potential in Zadina, plus any prospect not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Soderblom. Likely not enough, but if the price remains too high it likely eventually comes down a little bit. 

Such a deal would hinge on Zadina's value tbh, and whether or not the Yotes think a change of scenery would help the kid. 

I look at what Vegas gave up to get Eichel and work from there. Our first is a hell of a lot higher, so we shouldn't have to give up our best prospect. Adding Chychrun makes any of our d prospects not named Edvinsson expendable. 

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'd never pull the trigger if we had to give up Edvinsson to get Chycrhun. The hope would be a 1st (probably also a 3rd in the following year), that they see potential in Zadina, plus any prospect not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Soderblom. Likely not enough, but if the price remains too high it likely eventually comes down a little bit. 

Such a deal would hinge on Zadina's value tbh, and whether or not the Yotes think a change of scenery would help the kid. 

I look at what Vegas gave up to get Eichel and work from there. Our first is a hell of a lot higher, so we shouldn't have to give up our best prospect. Adding Chychrun makes any of our d prospects not named Edvinsson expendable. 

Im thinking AZ starts with Edvinsson and only Edvinsson.  I wouldnt consider trading Chychrun for anything else than a sure fire prospect and a first.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im thinking AZ starts with Edvinsson and only Edvinsson.  I wouldnt consider trading Chychrun for anything else than a sure fire prospect and a first.

Then they could f*** right off because that's a top 10 first. It would be different if we were a playoff time and the pick was in the 20s. But as far as I'm concerned, you choose either the top 10 pick OR Edvonsson as the centerpiece of this trade and work from there.

The Wings second rounder will be closer than the first they'd get froma. contender than our first round pick is ffs haha. 

Edited by marcaractac

On 3/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, bIueadams said:

IDK about you, but I'm still excited about Xavier Ouellet and Ryan Sproul

These are the 2 I was thinking of when I asked the question.

It looks like we are better off now than we were back then already!

19 minutes ago, Rick D said:

These are the 2 I was thinking of when I asked the question.

It looks like we are better off now than we were back then already!

In all seriousness, Seider + Eddog is amazing. We should be able to shuffle average players around those 2 for the next 15 years.

6 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

In all seriousness, Seider + Eddog is amazing. We should be able to shuffle average players around those 2 for the next 15 years.

yah, gonna be fun to watch a defense with (2) huge all stars.  If we can get one more surprise out the pool of defensemen that turns into a gem, gonna be good times for Wings fans.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, Scott R Lucidi said:

yah, gonna be fun to watch a defense with (2) huge all stars.  If we can get one more surprise out the pool of defensemen that turns into a gem, gonna be good times for Wings fans.

Shai Buium is currently lighting up the NCAA as an 18 year old. He’s really good. Johansson and Wallinder are both really good too. And McIsaac is playing very well despite missing almost two years of development. All of those guys, but especially the first three, have too four ceilings. Maybe even top pair for a few. 

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Shai Buium is currently lighting up the NCAA as an 18 year old. He’s really good. Johansson and Wallinder are both really good too. And McIsaac is playing very well despite missing almost two years of development. All of those guys, but especially the first three, have too four ceilings. Maybe even top pair for a few. 

It appears to me Sebrango has already passed McIssac on the prospect chart. But I'd be happy to be wrong

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

good thing is that we only need top 4 d-men because it looks like we already have two top pair d-men in Seider and Edvinsson.

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

It appears to me Sebrango has already passed McIssac on the prospect chart. But I'd be happy to be wrong

I´m not so sure, at the beginning of this season I would have said yes, but McIsaac´s recent play after a rough start is promising

1 hour ago, ely s said:

good thing is that we only need top 4 d-men because it looks like we already have two top pair d-men in Seider and Edvinsson.

I´m not so sure, at the beginning of this season I would have said yes, but McIsaac´s recent play after a rough start is promising

both are young.  having 2 young guys playing admirably in the ahl should mean tjey get smacled around a bit in the NHL nexy year, but gain their footings after 2-3 years.   Our D should look really tough by 2024.

Im just happy we finally have 2 cant miss top pair Dmen. Its still possible that Johansson Wallinder Sebrango Mcisaac Buium turn out to be top4 but unlikely. These are the Smith Sproul Ouellet Marchenko that we used to get excited about. We havent had a Seider Edvinsson in the system since Lidstrom. These guys are legit.