• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Red Wings Fired AL Sobotka

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, kliq said:

Where did you read the GM hires and fires maintenance staff?

When he is also Executive Vice President?

Or was it maybe the Vice President of Hockey Operations? First move from Nick after coming back to the organization was to fire Al Sobotka.

Nicklas Lidstrom is ruining this franchise.

Yzerman has gone too far this time. I stood silent during the Perlini for Regula trade. I tolerated the poor scouting of Leddy. I tried trusting him when he re-signed Blash. I wanted to be wrong on the mismanagement of Svechnikov and Cholowski. No more. 

How does Jeff Blashill have better job security than the 51 year tenured facilities manager whom we named the mascot after? The ice against Tampa was horrid - only to find out AL has been on leave for a month. Wonder why the ice sucks guys! Mike Illitch would have canned the executive jackass responsible for this.

I'm reading all kinds of crap about how AL was an ******* IRL. If he's such an ******* how'd he survive here for 51 years and get the mascot named after him? Of course no one can say why he's an *******... red wings media intern shills just spamming reddit and Facebook with this nonesense. 

Glad he's suing the team. We should start a change.org petition for him. 

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Or was it maybe the Vice President of Hockey Operations? First move from Nick after coming back to the organization was to fire Al Sobotka.

One time in 2003 Al was doing maintenance on the joe, and Lidstrom couldn't take his autisticly specific route to the lockerrom b4 a game. Nick never forgot. 

13 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Yzerman has gone too far this time. I stood silent during the Perlini for Regula trade. I tolerated the poor scouting of Leddy. I tried trusting him when he re-signed Blash. I wanted to be wrong on the mismanagement of Svechnikov and Cholowski. No more. 

How does Jeff Blashill have better job security than the 51 year tenured facilities manager whom we named the mascot after? The ice against Tampa was horrid - only to find out AL has been on leave for a month. Wonder why the ice sucks guys! Mike Illitch would have canned the executive jackass responsible for this.

I'm reading all kinds of crap about how AL was an ******* IRL. If he's such an ******* how'd he survive here for 51 years and get the mascot named after him? Of course no one can say why he's an *******... red wings media intern shills just spamming reddit and Facebook with this nonesense. 

Glad he's suing the team. We should start a change.org petition for him. 

One time in 2003 Al was doing maintenance on the joe, and Lidstrom couldn't take his autisticly specific route to the lockerrom b4 a game. Nick never forgot. 

Al wasn't part of the "process" and Blash needs a job after May 1 so he gets a soft landing. Blash will drive the Zamboni  which is about all he is capable of at this point 

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I feel like alcohol may have been involved in this stunt. If he has a problem with the bottle, it may be the reason for his firing.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I feel like alcohol may have been involved in this stunt. If he has a problem with the bottle, it may be the reason for his firing.

He pissed in the zam pit and they got it on camera this time. Then he argued with management about it so they put him on leave and now fired him. 

Normally I'd agree with Yzerman on this one, but this is pretty normal behavior for a 68 year old polish man. If not tame. 

22 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Steve Yzerman is ruining this franchise. 

Yzerman didn't make the decision to fire Sobatka, That comes from another area not related to Yzerman.

37 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This stunt? Per reports this has been going on for quite awhile. I'm sure alcohol is involved. Not just him but Karen Newman being let go due to monetary reasons.Higher ups are cleaning house.

Edited by diehardredwingsfan58

18 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Yzerman didn't make the decision to fire Sobatka, That comes from another area not related to Yzerman.

This stunt? Per reports this has been going on for quite awhile. I'm sure alcohol is involved. Not just him but Karen Newman being let go due to monetary reasons.Higher ups are cleaning house.

Alcohol definitely involved. He was a known drinker and I doubt he pisses in the zam pit when he's sober.

Also Newman could barely still sing.

23 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

My bad, I thought you were a real poster.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a s*** about this? Who cares? He's a facilities manager. The glory days are over. Yzerman has moved on. Lidstrom has moved on. Fedorov has moved on. Draper has moved on. McCarty...well...maybe not McCarty. Point is, everybody with any brains has evolved, set new goals, pursued a different path. They're not thinking about 1998. But Al was. Al will always be the guy who twirled the octopus. Good riddance.

Time to start making some new magic around the Red Wings. Otherwise we're going to end up like Tigers' fans, still talking about 1984 like it was yesterday.

The PA Announcer should also be "moved on!" His music sucks, his voice sucks, his GD Stupid WOOOO!! is absolutely embarrassing because its makes the crowd keep doing it throughout the game and they sound like a bunch of ******* morons! It's not like it's bad enough to be an embarrassing team ATM with this coaching staff, but the fans there make it worse! #STOPTHEWOOO!

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The PA Announcer should also be "moved on!" His music sucks, his voice sucks, his GD Stupid WOOOO!! is absolutely embarrassing because its makes the crowd keep doing it throughout the game and they sound like a bunch of ******* morons! It's not like it's bad enough to be an embarrassing team ATM with this coaching staff, but the fans there make it worse! #STOPTHEWOOO!

Yah,

Mickey and Carley are the only two I'd be sad to lose.

One thing Mickey does that's AWESOME is that he explains the rules of hockey when something happens.  It's so rare to hear an announcer do that, but Mickey does it in an awesome way.  "For those of you who have watched us a long time, you already know this.  But for those of you who are new to the sport, when the attacking player's skates fully cross the blue line before the puck, the play is whistled dead for offsides."  It bugs me to no end that they don't do this for cricket, rugby, curling, lacrosse, etc.  I want to get into watching other sports, but it's difficult when you don't know how the scoring works and how the rules apply.  Mickey is very good at his job.  And Carley.  Well, I like Carley.

9 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Yah,

Mickey and Carley are the only two I'd be sad to lose.

One thing Mickey does that's AWESOME is that he explains the rules of hockey when something happens.  It's so rare to hear an announcer do that, but Mickey does it in an awesome way.  "For those of you who have watched us a long time, you already know this.  But for those of you who are new to the sport, when the attacking player's skates fully cross the blue line before the puck, the play is whistled dead for offsides."  It bugs me to no end that they don't do this for cricket, rugby, curling, lacrosse, etc.  I want to get into watching other sports, but it's difficult when you don't know how the scoring works and how the rules apply.  Mickey is very good at his job.  And Carley.  Well, I like Carley.

I love Ken and Mick, best game call in the league.