• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Red Wings Fired AL Sobotka

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Yah,

Mickey and Carley are the only two I'd be sad to lose.

One thing Mickey does that's AWESOME is that he explains the rules of hockey when something happens.  It's so rare to hear an announcer do that, but Mickey does it in an awesome way.  "For those of you who have watched us a long time, you already know this.  But for those of you who are new to the sport, when the attacking player's skates fully cross the blue line before the puck, the play is whistled dead for offsides."  It bugs me to no end that they don't do this for cricket, rugby, curling, lacrosse, etc.  I want to get into watching other sports, but it's difficult when you don't know how the scoring works and how the rules apply.  Mickey is very good at his job.  And Carley.  Well, I like Carley.

Totally agree with bolded. Mickey and Ken make a game interesting and not afraid to tell it like it is when the Wings mess up. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

The PA Announcer should also be "moved on!" His music sucks, his voice sucks, his GD Stupid WOOOO!! is absolutely embarrassing because its makes the crowd keep doing it throughout the game and they sound like a bunch of ******* morons! It's not like it's bad enough to be an embarrassing team ATM with this coaching staff, but the fans there make it worse! #STOPTHEWOOO!

I will never stop wooing 

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a s*** about this? Who cares? He's a facilities manager. The glory days are over. Yzerman has moved on. Lidstrom has moved on. Fedorov has moved on. Draper has moved on. McCarty...well...maybe not McCarty. Point is, everybody with any brains has evolved, set new goals, pursued a different path. They're not thinking about 1998. But Al was. Al will always be the guy who twirled the octopus. Good riddance.

Time to start making some new magic around the Red Wings. Otherwise we're going to end up like Tigers' fans, still talking about 1984 like it was yesterday.

Al was the last remaining bit of culture this team has. Might as well tear down the statue of Gordie Howe bc he's from the racist non salary cap era.

Whatre we gonna call the mascot now? The octopus formerly known as AL? Drunk polish men from Hamtramck literally ARE detroit. Now Geoffrey Fieger is suing us for wrongful termination of the guy we named the mascot after. Sad. 

This team has lost its culture. It's path. Yzerman lacks vision. 

31 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Al was the last remaining bit of culture this team has. Might as well tear down the statue of Gordie Howe bc he's from the racist non salary cap era.

Whatre we gonna call the mascot now? The octopus formerly known as AL? Drunk polish men from Hamtramck literally ARE detroit. Now Geoffrey Fieger is suing us for wrongful termination of the guy we named the mascot after. Sad. 

This team has lost its culture. It's path. Yzerman lacks vision. 

Drunk Polish guys from Hamtramck WERE Detroit. That was yesteryear buddy. Evolve or die.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Drunk Polish guys from Hamtramck WERE Detroit. That was yesteryear buddy. Evolve or die.

Whatre we evolving into? Urban bobo with Wayne state art degree driving the zam? Trust fund Connor from Grosse Pointe driving? Muhammad muhammad from Dearborn? Kid Rock impression Wyandotte guy? Or should we just get real and let section 8 Ray Ray drive the damn thing? 

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Whatre we evolving into? Urban bobo with Wayne state art degree driving the zam? Trust fund Connor from Grosse Pointe driving? Muhammad muhammad from Dearborn? Kid Rock impression Wyandotte guy? Or should we just get real and let section 8 Ray Ray drive the damn thing? 

Evolution doesn't follow a script bud. All I know is that the time of the Al Sobotka's is dead and gone. It's like the Gaelic language, relevant only to a dwindling number of zealots who can't bring themselves to look forward. Personally I'd rather look forward to what's in store rather than breaking out my VHS tape of the the March 26th fight once a year and longing for what once was. But that's just me. We all rode the wave through the 90s and 2000s and it was a good ride. But that wave crested and broke. It's gone. And hopefully it wasn't our high water mark. I'd rather the Wings try to be the next Lightening rather than the old Red Wings. F*ck Sobotka.

Edited by kipwinger

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I will never stop wooing 

You do realize how stupid it sounds right? If indeed you are a "wooo'er" do you like sounding moronic? It's not cool, and announcers poke fun at it. You are making a mockery of our fans to others around the league.

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You do realize how stupid it sounds right? If indeed you are a "wooo'er" do you like sounding moronic? It's not cool, and announcers poke fun at it. You are making a mockery of our fans to others around the league.

6b24we.jpg

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Evolution doesn't follow a script bud. All I know is that the time of the Al Sobotka's is dead and gone. It's like the Gaelic language, relevant only to a dwindling number of zealots who can't bring themselves to look forward. Personally I'd rather look forward to what's in store rather than breaking out my VHS tape of the the March 26th fight once a year and longing for what once was. But that's just me. We all rode the wave through the 90s and 2000s and it was a good ride. But that wave crested and broke. It's gone. And hopefully it wasn't our high water mark. I'd rather the Wings try to be the nest Lightening than the old Red Wings. F*ck Sobotka.

I still have the 97 and 98 Cup clinching games on VHS. Not ashamed of it at all.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

How about the 8 mile urban rapper SJW who kneels at the Super Bowl?

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ha! I don't even wear glasses! 

But seriously, the woo is dumb.

16 minutes ago, YouFoo said:

I will continue to Woo for as long as it continues to annoy someone

The wooing will continue until morale improves

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I still have the 97 and 98 Cup clinching games on VHS. Not ashamed of it at all.

How about the 8 mile urban rapper SJW who kneels at the Super Bowl?

Who said you should be ashamed? Like what you like, it’s a free country.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:36 AM, bIueadams said:

Yzerman has gone too far this time. I stood silent during the Perlini for Regula trade. I tolerated the poor scouting of Leddy. I tried trusting him when he re-signed Blash. I wanted to be wrong on the mismanagement of Svechnikov and Cholowski. No more. 

Joking aside the biggest gaffe by Yzerman to date is Cossa over Wallstedt. Cossa sucks. Wallstedt is the real deal Lundqvist 2.0.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:58 AM, Akakabuto said:

When he is also Executive Vice President?

Or was it maybe the Vice President of Hockey Operations? First move from Nick after coming back to the organization was to fire Al Sobotka.

Nicklas Lidstrom is ruining this franchise.

The firing didn't come from Yzerman, Personally it was probably Chris Ilitch himself that did the firing.

6 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Joking aside the biggest gaffe by Yzerman to date is Cossa over Wallstedt. Cossa sucks. Wallstedt is the real deal Lundqvist 2.0.

@nyqvististhefuture Is that you?

2 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

The firing didn't come from Yzerman, Personally it was probably Chris Ilitch himself that did the firing.

Yes. I have learned that Sobotka was employed by Olympia, not the Red Wings. 

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

@nyqvististhefuture Is that you?

Yes. I have learned that Sobotka was employed by Olympia, not the Red Wings. 

Same umbrella company. Olympia Entertainment owns the Red Wings. They also own Little Caesars Arena. Yzerman is the GM of the Red Wings. Al worked for LCA. He would have different management. Sobotka was fired from someone higher up at LCA or from Olympia Entertainment Corporate Offices. Red Wings management has no authority over Sobotka.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You said 22 yo Zadina can still grow and has not reached his final form. You also have already decided that 19 yo Cossa sucks and Wahlstedt will be better.

Both can still grow neither are fully developed. Unfortunately we will lose the Cossa vs Wallstedt battle just like we lost the Zadina vs Hughes battle.

In a redraft Id take Hughes and Wallstedt. Id trade Zadina and Cossa today but neither would have the value of there 6oa/15oa picks.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Both can still grow neither are fully developed. Unfortunately we will lose the Cossa vs Wallstedt battle just like we lost the Zadina vs Hughes battle.

In a redraft Id take Hughes and Wallstedt. Id trade Zadina and Cossa today but neither would have the value of there 6oa/15oa picks.

Zegras over Seider?