• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Red Wings Fired AL Sobotka

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Both can still grow neither are fully developed. Unfortunately we will lose the Cossa vs Wallstedt battle just like we lost the Zadina vs Hughes battle.

In a redraft Id take Hughes and Wallstedt. Id trade Zadina and Cossa today but neither would have the value of there 6oa/15oa picks.

There are lots of players I'd have drafted before Zadina and I didn't need hindsight to know it.

Cossa is the right goalie give it time.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:38 AM, mackel said:

There are lots of players I'd have drafted before Zadina and I didn't need hindsight to know it.

Cossa is the right goalie give it time.

Cossa was always gonna be a riskier pick than Wallstedt, but I think it was the right pick. Cossa has the higher ceiling, and that's what Yzerman clearly went for.

Wallstedt will hit the NHL first and find success at that level first. I never thought otherwise.  But assuming Cossa hits his ceiling, he'll be the better tendy.

We will see a period where Wings fans moan and groan about the pick because of it, but then they will disappear off of the face of the earth once Cossa rounds into form at the NHL level. Thankfully we have the 'fire Blash' movement distracting them all right now. 

Wallstedt is really good, but I don't think he'll really get much better. He just 'got gud' really young. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Cossa was always gonna be a riskier pick than Wallstedt, but I think it was the right pick. Cossa has the higher ceiling, and that's what Yzerman clearly went for.

Wallstedt will hit the NHL first and find success at that level first. I never thought otherwise.  But assuming Cossa hits his ceiling, he'll be the better tendy.

We will see a period where Wings fans moan and groan about the pick because of it, but then they will disappear off of the face of the earth once Cossa rounds into form at the NHL level. Thankfully we have the 'fire Blash' movement distracting them all right now. 

Wallstedt is really good, but I don't think he'll really get much better. He just 'got gud' really young. 

BLASH LIED PROSPECTS DIED

I'm willing to bet Cossa v Wallnuts came down to personality for Yzerman. Likely viewed their talent as a toss up, so personal qualities became a deciding factor. Wallstuff is super calm, monotone, and humble. Cossa is super confident, outgoing, and well spoken. Cossa reminded me of Seider is his draft interview... few nerves, spoke intelligently, personality, confident and eager to prove himself. Walldude has more the quiet personality of a Lidstrom or Zetterberg (not comparing talent level). I think SY is looking for self starting, confident young leaders. Not necessarily typical passive lead by example swedes. 

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

People said the same thing about Ras and Zadina.

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

BLASH LIED PROSPECTS DIED

I'm willing to bet Cossa v Wallnuts came down to personality for Yzerman. Likely viewed their talent as a toss up, so personal qualities became a deciding factor. Wallstuff is super calm, monotone, and humble. Cossa is super confident, outgoing, and well spoken. Cossa reminded me of Seider is his draft interview... few nerves, spoke intelligently, personality, confident and eager to prove himself. Walldude has more the quiet personality of a Lidstrom or Zetterberg (not comparing talent level). I think SY is looking for self starting, confident young leaders. Not necessarily typical passive lead by example swedes. 

Yah,

I think Yzerman knows that you need a good mix of Rugged, Self Confident, Outgoing North Americans and Germans to go with the Gentle, Humble, and Passive Swedish players that we have.  

For decades, at the end of the night they filled the urinals at the Joe with ice. Everyone loved drilling holes in that ice.  Don't fire the dude if he feel nostalgic every time he sees a pile of ice. The urge to drill those holes can be overwhelming.

So Sobotka is suing the Wings for wrongful termination because he has a medical condition (being drunk).

But in his defense he peed in a drain... that's pretty much the responsible place to pee if you can't make it the water closet.

The lawsuit alleges the bathroom was 60 ft away... that's also pretty close Al.

Rumor has it he's done this b4 and the Wings set up a camera to catch him.

I fall back on this is pretty much expected of 70 year old Polish men. Too proud to wear a diaper. Too drunk to make it to the toilet. Has anyone seen hamtramck lately? It pretty much is a giant toilet. Let Al drunk drive the zamboni, who cares.

The more I think about it the more I think Al was jerking off and got caught. We've only heard the "I can't walk 60 feet to pee" story from his lawyer's wrongful termination suit. If I got caught spanking it at work (I wouldn't because I'm not a gross old pervert) I'd definitely claim I was peeing too. What do you have to lose?

32 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The more I think about it the more I think Al was jerking off and got caught. We've only heard the "I can't walk 60 feet to pee" story from his lawyer's wrongful termination suit. If I got caught spanking it at work (I wouldn't because I'm not a gross old pervert) I'd definitely claim I was peeing too. What do you have to lose?

If it was to Carley spank bank material, that would help his case.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

If it was to Carley spank bank material, that would help his case.

Doubtful. The Free Press article said Al's staff was entirely male. And the team is entirely male. Seems pretty clear that he's a perverted homosexual who just can't control himself. Good riddance.

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Doubtful. The Free Press article said Al's staff was entirely male. And the team is entirely male. Seems pretty clear that he's a perverted homosexual who just can't control himself. Good riddance.

I really don't like Al Sobotka and I disapprove of what he did. But that said, here me out on this one, I did well in high school sports, I I probably would have been one of Al's top guys. In fact I probably disapprove of what Al did more than the Red Wings, and I never would have allowed what happened to take place. My point being, I probably would have been an elite zam driver and could piss anywhere i like. Not that I would do that though.Still, no matter how much you dislike or disapprove of the guy, you can't ignore his cache. His Swagger. His je ne sais quoi. His savoy fare. Maybe what we call the "X factor" in the sales business. Sobotka has that. If he called on you to drive the Zamboni you, or I, would do it. I would be Sobotka's top guy is what I'm saying. Anyone would.

5 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Peeing in the Zamboni drain and being drunk. You'd think a guy with 52 years with a company should know better.

Neither alcoholics or perverted homosexuals are known to have greater self-control.

All joking aside, could you imagine waking up one day to find that every news agency in Michigan (and a few national ones too) are writing stories about your inability to pee correctly. How embarrassing. He's got to be humiliated. Which...being a pervert...he's probably into.

Colonel-Jessup-300x208.png

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Son we live in a world that has enlarged prostates, and those prostates force a man to pee in a drain. Who's going to make it 60 ft to the bathroom? You Jimmy D??? I have a larger prostate than you can possibly fathom. You weep for my coworkers, and you curse the drain. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That peeing in that drain - while tragic - probably prevented me from pissing directly on the floor. And my existence - while grotesque and incomprehensible to you - would piss directly on that floor. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties... you WANT me pissing in that drain. You NEED me pissing in that drain. We use words like "trough", "drain", and "pisshole". We used these words for 50 years at the Joe. YOU USE THEM AS A PUNCHLINE. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who who skates and fields his team on the very ice that I provide, AND THEN QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT. I would prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you buy me depends or fetch me a bucket. Either way, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHERE YOU THINK I'M PISSING.