• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Athletes are broke

Rate this topic

This is the beginning of a chain of tweets Chrissy wrote today about the pitfalls athletes fall into. I implore you to click the tweet and read them all (x10 or so).

How do we save our young hockey stars?

40 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

This is the beginning of a chain of tweets Chrissy wrote today about the pitfalls athletes fall into. I implore you to click the tweet and read them all (x10 or so).

I dont care.  Join the club, hockey players.  Get a ***** job.

27 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Everyone steals from them

Everyone TRIES to steal from them. Obviously you have to find a trusted financial advisor. More than one, even. Invest a good amount in things that will always keep value: real estate, precious metals, bonds. Put a good amount into a 401K. Keep the riskier investments to no more than 10% of your wealth.

Buy a modest home, and live modestly. Your contract is guaranteed, so figure out how much money you can spend per year until age 90 based on your total contract dollars, and stick to it. If you treat it like its the only money you will ever make, you will be smarter with what you do with it.

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Everyone TRIES to steal from them. Obviously you have to find a trusted financial advisor. More than one, even. Invest a good amount in things that will always keep value: real estate, precious metals, bonds. Put a good amount into a 401K. Keep the riskier investments to no more than 10% of your wealth.

Buy a modest home, and live modestly. Your contract is guaranteed, so figure out how much money you can spend per year until age 90 based on your total contract dollars, and stick to it. If you treat it like its the only money you will ever make, you will be smarter with what you do with it.

50% taxes. Escrow. Agent fees. Financial advisors. Lawyers. Nutrionist. Personal trainer. Downtown housing. Model GF.

It's amazing if they have any money at the end of the day. 

On 4/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, bIueadams said:

I'd giggle hysterically if I saw Pronger eating from a garbage can while I drive by slowly in my paid off 2015 F150 Crew Cab with 114K on the odometer.

32 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

His wife wasn't impressed enough by the Edmonton Mall.  

There's alternatives...

Mixing Alcohol and ADHD Medicine: Drug Interaction