• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

2 Points We Dont Need

Rate this topic

WTF is wrong with this STUPID team?  Fine to give it your all for 52-55 minutes.  But melt down at the end and take the loss.  We have a legit shot at 5-6 from last at this point.  That would give us a CHANCE at landing Wright.  Why hasnt Ned been put away for the year and Greiss/Pickard been left as our tandem?  This is frustrating.

30 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I hope you're joking. Tanking is something u do on the way down, not the way up. This team has several young, core players now. The last thing you wanna do is develop a losing attitude.

Which is why we should sign more stop-gap warm bodies in UFA I presume

Normally I'd be all aboard the tank, but the thought of even getting top five odds vanished ages ago.  I am a little glad that it looks like we're going to finish in the 7-9 range, as opposed to outside the top 10.

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I hope you're joking. Tanking is something u do on the way down, not the way up. This team has several young, core players now. The last thing you wanna do is develop a losing attitude.

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nope. New coaching will get this team in the right direction. You don't tank this far into a rebuild unless you're doing a reset.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

you implied that

Implied what? That tanking now is bad for a rebuilding team? That a different coaching staff will get this young, developing team back in the right direction?  No where did I imply anything about UFAs or adding outside players.

This team was already headed in the right direction earlier in the season. Then the wheels fell off. I suspect that this teams current troubles is largely due to the coaching staff, more specifically, Blashill. 

Regardless, tanking now would do more harm to the team's future than good, IMO. Yzerman is 3 years into his rebuild, and has a good young core of players on the roster. And a lot coming up in the future. Don't waste them by starting a losing culture. Stay the course. Bring in new coaches. Continue to draft and develop. This is the way.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

16 minutes ago, town123 said:

Now that Larkin is out, maybe we push for a 7-8 draft slot with a better chance with the old lotto balls

We can try, but Chicago hasnt won in 15 games.  They should be punished for their suck level.  Important not to let San Jose and Buffalo out suck us rt now.  Hopefully, we can luck out and move up to #2 or #3 with a lotto ball victory.  Then package #3, 2023 1st, and 2024 2nd to Phoenix for #1 overall.

Thenn add Forsberg in UFA at all costs.

Adding Wright, Forsberg, and Edvinsson completes this team.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond

Vrana-Wright-Forsberg

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Rasmussen-Stephens-Sundqvist

Suter/Erne

Edvinsson-Seider

Walman-Hronek

Juolevi-Lindstrom

Osterle

Ned

Hellberg

Get McIsaac, Sebrango, Wallinder, Johansson, Niederbach, and Soderblom big minutes in GR.  1 more year and all of those guys should be ready too.

Well okay.   Things just took a twist...lol

I would have Ras/Veleno as 3rd line C/LW and split up Ed doggie and Mo.

Not sure I would sign Forsberg at this point, improve yes, but I still to have a longshot at Bedard. I like that kid better than Wright.   But we can do it your way.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We can try, but Chicago hasnt won in 15 games.  They should be punished for their suck level.  Important not to let San Jose and Buffalo out suck us rt now.  Hopefully, we can luck out and move up to #2 or #3 with a lotto ball victory.  Then package #3, 2023 1st, and 2024 2nd to Phoenix for #1 overall.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond

Vrana-Wright-Forsberg

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Suter/Erne

Edvinsson-Seider

Walman-Hronek

Juolevi-Lindstrom

Osterle

Ned

Hellberg

Get McIsaac, Sebrango, Wallinder, Johansson, Niederbach, and Soderblom big minutes in GR.  1 more year and all of those guys should be ready too.

We can't move up to three.  Only one or two.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond

Vrana-Wright-Forsberg

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Suter/Erne

Edvinsson-Seider

Walman-Hronek

Juolevi-Lindstrom

Osterle

Ned

Hellberg

Yzerman would never give up 3 high picks for one. That would be insanity. Any player in the top 10 will be good this year. No reason to give up more to move up.

Is Connor Bedard better than Connor McDavid?

I've not been able to watch him play aside from highlights. His stats are nuts. Seems to be a more talented goal scorer than McD. 

Remind me to name my first born Connor. 

23 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Is Connor Bedard better than Connor McDavid?

I've not been able to watch him play aside from highlights. His stats are nuts. Seems to be a more talented goal scorer than McD. 

Remind me to name my first born Connor. 

are you back with the lady?

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

are you back with the lady?

Went back to NY to pack my s***. Naturally she convinced me to stay. She comes down with me to NC (staying here right now, gonna try to catch a canes game), cause I have a job offer here, to look at homes. Of course we're fighting again. Because I'm looking at modest homes and not the bourgeoisie mansion she "deserves". I've given it every chance to work and then some. Don't think I can marry this woman though. Sucks cause I do want kids. I'm gonna end up like Sven, alone s*** posting in my condo. 

Kiddo out of the hospital now?