• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2022 Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Everybody pick your horses. This year Holland and I like our team. Oilers going DEEP. The Evander Kane redemption arc is real. 

Also I'm tickled that Toronto just set a franchise record with 50 wins.... and now they will have to play Tampa in the first round lol. Oh and pig boy is hurt or something. God bless tronna. 

18 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Very real chance VGK can miss the playoffs now after acquiring Eichel. Pretty unreal. Hope they miss lol. 

That team has done everything they could to get away from what made them successful, to begin with since that playoff run. It's wild to see. 

Killing teams with speed? Better bring in slow guys. Going through a small slump all teams experience? Better fire the coach and bring in a guy who has gotten nothing done anywhere.

Absolute disaster in goalie treatment.

They were poised to be good for a long time and they f***ed it all up.

6 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

That team has done everything they could to get away from what made them successful, to begin with since that playoff run. It's wild to see. 

Killing teams with speed? Better bring in slow guys. Going through a small slump all teams experience? Better fire the coach and bring in a guy who has gotten nothing done anywhere.

Absolute disaster in goalie treatment.

They were poised to be good for a long time and they f***ed it all up.

I just love that Eichel may miss the playoffs again lmao. I thought Buffalo did some mishandling... but I also think Buffalo knew he was leaving regardless and stopped giving AF. 

14 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I just love that Eichel may miss the playoffs again lmao. I thought Buffalo did some mishandling... but I also think Buffalo knew he was leaving regardless and stopped giving AF. 

It's a fun gong show to watch, that is for damn sure. 

All they had to do was let their young players develop. That was it. The clown show began with what they gave us for Tatar.

Ok, I'll post my Leafs comments here (I live in the Toronto market), because some of my friends are pissed at me for saying things like this on Facebook :lol:

The Leafs organization is a mess, another 1st round exit, and another, "We believe in the group" press conference. Dubas and Keefe are coming back. I think the reason why Dubas and Keefe are back, is no one else is interested in coming to Toronto. What GM or coach would want to try and win when 50% of the cap is spent on 4 forwards? I think Dubas is an complete idiot, and way in over his head. Also, if Babcock couldn't teach these guys how to play defense, what other coach wants to try? Matthews and Marner are being babied too much by the organization. All they want to do is play all out offense, and get 100 pts a year.

The Leafs are still 3 years away from being a serious Cup contender. They need to take at least one more season to get past the 1st round, then they'll need another couple seasons to learn how to win in the later rounds. They don't have that much time left. Matthews and Nylander are UFA's in two years, and Marner and Tavares are UFA's in three years. If they think they have cap problems now, just wait until they try and sign Matthews and Marner. They can both ask for $14 Million a year.

The Wing will win a Cup before the Leafs do.

Ok, rant over, Let's Go Red Wings

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

Ok, I'll post my Leafs comments here (I live in the Toronto market), because some of my friends are pissed at me for saying things like this on Facebook :lol:

The Leafs organization is a mess, another 1st round exit, and another, "We believe in the group" press conference. Dubas and Keefe are coming back. I think the reason why Dubas and Keefe are back, is no one else is interested in coming to Toronto. What GM or coach would want to try and win when 50% of the cap is spent on 4 forwards? I think Dubas is an complete idiot, and way in over his head. Also, if Babcock couldn't teach these guys how to play defense, what other coach wants to try? Matthews and Marner are being babied too much by the organization. All they want to do is play all out offense, and get 100 pts a year.

The Leafs are still 3 years away from being a serious Cup contender. They need to take at least one more season to get past the 1st round, then they'll need another couple seasons to learn how to win in the later rounds. They don't have that much time left. Matthews and Nylander are UFA's in two years, and Marner and Tavares are UFA's in three years. If they think they have cap problems now, just wait until they try and sign Matthews and Marner. They can both ask for $14 Million a year.

The Wing will win a Cup before the Leafs do.

Ok, rant over, Let's Go Red Wings

all troof

First off, i really dislike Ken Holland, and I dissaprove of what he did in his final years here. But i also come from a management background and I did pretty well in high school, so I think I understand what happened more than most. If I had been in that room I wouldve stopped most of those bad signings and bad picks from happening. I would go as far as to say I dissaprove of those bad management decisions more than the Illitch family does. Despite it being their money and organization, they probably dont dissaprove of Holland and the job he did more than I do. 

But heres the thing. No matter how much you dissaprove of the guy, no matter how much you dislike him, you have to be aware of and admit to yourself that having someone with that background, level of cache, that level of respect, swagger, penash, je ne sais quio, savoir faire, that level of X factor, as we say in the sales business, having the brains of someone like that in the organization is crazy. 

I mean hey, i wish i could travel back in time and take him out b4 the abdelkader and Helm and Nielsen signings. But how do you say no to this man? How do you not trust him? You cannot say no to somebody like that. In that position with his background and achievements. If Scotty Bowman told you to sign Frans Nielsen for $10 million per you do it. Same for Holland.

Now to get to my point... did Holland play Yzerman? SY stated when he was hired that Holland himself organized and facilitated his return to Detroit. Why would Holland do this unless he wanted out so he could seek greener pastures? Namely pastures with a McDavid and Draisatl in them. SY forfeitted two cups (maybe 3) to clean up Hollands afterbirth, while Holland sits pretty in the playoffs right now ready to roll the Avs. Whos the loser here? Doesnt appear its Ken. 

Kane looks like a genius signing now, and he has McDavid taking over games. For the first time the Avs will step onto the ice without having the best player in the room. Holland builds playoff teams and it looks like his next dynasty is about to begin. 

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Kane looks like a genius signing now, and he has McDavid taking over games. For the first time the Avs will step onto the ice without having the best player in the room. Holland builds playoff teams and it looks like his next dynasty is about to begin. 

Holland has $7m in cap space and 8 players to sign. Noteable free agents are Puljujärvi and Yamamoto as RFA´s and Kane is UFA. Their offense will be a lot worse without some Holland magic and I doubt he has any.

The Avs are a far more complete team and will win the series 4-2. They are a lot closer to become a dynasty than the Oilers.

Holland can call himself a lucky b*stard that he inherited that amount of talent but the end product will be a disappointment.

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Now to get to my point... did Holland play Yzerman? SY stated when he was hired that Holland himself organized and facilitated his return to Detroit. Why would Holland do this unless he wanted out so he could seek greener pastures? Namely pastures with a McDavid and Draisatl in them. SY forfeitted two cups (maybe 3) to clean up Hollands afterbirth, while Holland sits pretty in the playoffs right now ready to roll the Avs. Whos the loser here? Doesnt appear its Ken. 

So basically Holland didn't wanna do the legwork of building a core, so wanted to go inherit one so he can further pad his resume? 

Multiple teams made offers to Kane. Kane chose Edmonton. I'd say that is more the luck of having guys like McDavid to play with than Holland being genius. 

Holland inherits high-end talent to win. I'll give him all the credit in the world for 2008, but that's about it. 2002 happened because players gave up salary to make it work.

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

So basically Holland didn't wanna do the legwork of building a core, so wanted to go inherit one so he can further pad his resume? 

Multiple teams made offers to Kane. Kane chose Edmonton. I'd say that is more the luck of having guys like McDavid to play with than Holland being genius. 

Holland inherits high-end talent to win. I'll give him all the credit in the world for 2008, but that's about it. 2002 happened because players gave up salary to make it work.

I wont give him 2008.  Dallas Drake was a LEGIT GANGSTER move down the stretch, and Holland deserves credit for that.  But Hakkan grabbing Zeta and Datsyuk let us grab one last cup in 2008.  Not the tire kicker.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I wont give him 2008.  Dallas Drake was a LEGIT GANGSTER move down the stretch, and Holland deserves credit for that.  But Hakkan grabbing Zeta and Datsyuk let us grab one last cup in 2008.  Not the tire kicker.

Holland deserves credit for those selections. Trusting hakan who saw dats play literally once, and wasnt even there to scout dats. 

He also kept that team together and happy despite babcock terrorizing everyone. 

He got Dats and Zberg to work together despite being polar opposite personalities. Dats the homophobic tin foil hat wearing religious nut and Zberg the bi curious libtard. Holmstrom never even learned english. Franzen with his anxiety attacks. Hudler with his cocaine and hookers. Howard with his overeating. Raffi and his jesus crap. Stuart and his personal divorce issues. It goes on and on.

44 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Holland deserves credit for those selections. Trusting hakan who saw dats play literally once, and wasnt even there to scout dats. 

He also kept that team together and happy despite babcock terrorizing everyone. 

He got Dats and Zberg to work together despite being polar opposite personalities. Dats the homophobic tin foil hat wearing religious nut and Zberg the bi curious libtard. Holmstrom never even learned english. Franzen with his anxiety attacks. Hudler with his cocaine and hookers. Howard with his overeating. Raffi and his jesus crap. Stuart and his personal divorce issues. It goes on and on.

the pefect human is who you need to consider as the glue.  Holland is a doofus.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

the pefect human is who you need to consider as the glue.  Holland is a doofus.

Lids led by example. Holland is an expert at building playoff teams. Hes probably the authority on this.