• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Bertuzzi and Hronek

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevin-Allen/Familiar-names-among-players-on-NHLs-2022-offseas8230/278/117152

Basically the speculation is:

1. Bertuzzi is going to want a huge contract to stay in Detroit

2. Hronek is very unhappy that Seider has replaced him as the go to guy

Right wing Tyler Bertuzzi, Detroit Red Wings: He is coming off a strong season (29 goals) and the Red Wings don’t necessarily want to trade him. But he will be an unrestricted free agent after next season. Based on Bertuzzi’s last negotiations, it is anticipated that this negotiation may not go smoothly. If the rebuilding Red Wings sense this will be a long fight, then they might deal him to get the center they desperately need.

Defenseman Filip Hronek, Detroit Red Wings: The marriage between Hronek and the Red Wings seems on the rocks. Moritz Seider became the featured defenseman this season in Detroit and Hronek had trouble adjusting to his different role. He didn’t have a strong season, although he did get better in the second half. He’s still a desirable D man with some offensive flair. Packaging Bertuzzi and Hronek could get Detroit an enticing return.

Is he saying trade them as a package or similar shipping them off? What could we get in return? I love Bert but I am also tired of not having a dog in the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Right wing Tyler Bertuzzi, Detroit Red Wings: He is coming off a strong season (29 goals) and the Red Wings don’t necessarily want to trade him. But he will be an unrestricted free agent after next season. Based on Bertuzzi’s last negotiations, it is anticipated that this negotiation may not go smoothly. If the rebuilding Red Wings sense this will be a long fight, then they might deal him to get the center they desperately need.

Defenseman Filip Hronek, Detroit Red Wings: The marriage between Hronek and the Red Wings seems on the rocks. Moritz Seider became the featured defenseman this season in Detroit and Hronek had trouble adjusting to his different role. He didn’t have a strong season, although he did get better in the second half. He’s still a desirable D man with some offensive flair. Packaging Bertuzzi and Hronek could get Detroit an enticing return.

Is he saying trade them as a package or similar shipping them off? What could we get in return? I love Bert but I am also tired of not having a dog in the playoffs. 

Thanks for posting the article. On my phone ATM. 

A package deal would be for a significant player I assume. Someone like Chychrun. 

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

A package deal would be for a significant player I assume. Someone like Chychrun. 

No problem you seem to be a busy bee on that phone so hope you aren't driving....LOL

2 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

No problem you seem to be a busy bee on that phone so hope you aren't driving....LOL

Not driving. Back in Mississippi at my parents house. Basically going through a divorce right now. Thank Jesus I wasn't married to her. 

I think we should definitely look hard at trading both Hronek and Bertuzzi...  Bert will likely age/health out of our window and Hronek is a 4/5 when we're good.  I'd sell on both, we'd get a good return and maybe get a shot at a top 3 pick next year with an immediate rebound the next year.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Even worse.  He lost his pup.  sad face

You mean "pup" as in dog? Not cool. You cant take a man's dog.

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevin-Allen/Familiar-names-among-players-on-NHLs-2022-offseas8230/278/117152

Basically the speculation is:

1. Bertuzzi is going to want a huge contract to stay in Detroit

2. Hronek is very unhappy that Seider has replaced him as the go to guy

Hronek will never be the "go to guy" on any NHL roster. Detroit is probably one place he'll get the biggest opportunity. Give him a solid defensive partner (Edvinsson) and he could be a lock on the 2nd pair for another decade.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hronek will never be the "go to guy" on any NHL roster. Detroit is probably one place he'll get the biggest opportunity. Give him a solid defensive partner (Edvinsson) and he could be a lock on the 2nd pair for another decade.

It's not important what we think of Hronek. Apparently Hronek views himself as a major player. I don't blame him to an extent. He's been a legit NHLer for a while and he's still only 24. 

He's a lot less special than Bert IMO and I'd oblige him with a trade. But damn now we'd have holes on our RHD too. 

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I got all the debt but I kept my dog when she divorced me....

Blueadams if not married at least you wont have to pay alimony and will rebound with a better woman down the road. 

I still think using Bert and something like a 2nd rounder in a 3 way deal to land Chychrun would be awesome.

I love Bert, but do have concerns about his style of play in the longer term. Even just this season there was a huge difference pre and post-all-star game. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

I still think using Bert and something like a 2nd rounder in a 3 way deal to land Chychrun would be awesome.

I love Bert, but do have concerns about his style of play in the longer term. Even just this season there was a huge difference pre and post-all-star game. 

I’ve read a lot of stupid reasons for getting rid of Bert. Trading him for a player like Chychrun is not one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I’ve read a lot of stupid reasons for getting rid of Bert. Trading him for a player like Chychrun is not one of them. 

As much as I like Bert - he’s a 3rd liner on many teams bound for this year’s playoffs.

If his demands are rather high and unable to play in Canada for the foreseeable future - package him and Hronek to improve the team.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As much as I like Bert - he’s a 3rd liner on many teams bound for this year’s playoffs.

Nah, hes a legit top6 winger. He would be an absolute beast next to McDavid, Crosby, Barkov, Point etc

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

What?  No.

21 hours ago, bIueadams said:

If Bert and Hronek are traded, it better be for a center.

43 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yeah, moving Bert would have to be for a great haul. Otherwise, there is no point. On the flip side, his value will likely never be higher than it is now. Especially if border restrictions f*** off before next season. 

36 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Nah, hes a legit top6 winger. He would be an absolute beast next to McDavid, Crosby, Barkov, Point etc

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What?  No.

If Bert and Hronek are traded, it better be for a center.

Again - I like the guy - just oozes 8 Mile trailer park - but let’s be honest…He’s sloppy and throws the puck around/turns it over more than he should, and his skating is average at best.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d rather keep Bert - but if the price is right…..

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Again - I like the guy - just oozes 8 Mile trailer park - but let’s be honest…He’s sloppy and throws the puck around/turns it over more than he should, and his skating is average at best.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. And because of the way he plays, I do not think his production is sustainable as he gets older. But someone got to pay the f*** up for him to get moved. Either a Mantha-level fleecing or getting a younger, high-end player in return.

Obviously, the latter involves giving up more than just Bert. But Bert is probably a big enough piece to prevent having to give up a first-rounder.  

11 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm pretty much in agreement with this. And because of the way he plays, I do not think his production is sustainable as he gets older. But someone got to pay the f*** up for him to get moved. Either a Mantha-level fleecing or getting a younger, high-end player in return.

Obviously, the latter involves giving up more than just Bert. But Bert is probably a big enough piece to prevent having to give up a first-rounder.  

If he is moved the return will be really good, I think. He is just the kind of player GMs have a huge hard on for. 

Let's be fair, Bert isn't that talented. He's not a particularly great skater, shooter, or puck handler. His defense is pretty good I guess... People seem to think he's a big physical presence too, like his uncle was. He's not. He's not even very big, let alone physical. 

But his IQ is through the roof, and he's also fearless. So he's essentially always where u need him to be. Ahead of the play and in danger areas. 

Looking at him it's kinda hard to believe that the dirty tooth missing pony tail guy is one of our smartest players, but that's him. Without his hockey sense he'd be nothing more than a Givani Smith type on the 4th line. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Let's be fair, Bert isn't that talented. He's not a particularly great skater, shooter, or puck handler. His defense is pretty good I guess... People seem to think he's a big physical presence too, like his uncle was. He's not. He's not even very big, let alone physical. 

But his IQ is through the roof, and he's also fearless. So he's essentially always where u need him to be. Ahead of the play and in danger areas. 

Looking at him it's kinda hard to believe that the dirty tooth missing pony tail guy is one of our smartest players, but that's him. Without his hockey sense he'd be nothing more than a Givani Smith type on the 4th line. 

Givani Smith with IQ is the new Darren Helm with hands.