• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Bertuzzi and Hronek

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Bert =most overrated Red Wing

I like him, but he's definitely benefitted from Larkin and good minutes.  I do think that he's earned his ice time, tho.  I just dont think the Wings need to overpay him.  He's worth about 5 mil per in my books.

12 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

And Bert isnt a replacement for any of them

Exactly. Bert is a completely different player.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I like him, but he's definitely benefitted from Larkin and good minutes.  I do think that he's earned his ice time, tho.  I just dont think the Wings need to overpay him.  He's worth about 5 mil per in my books.

You arent getting a 30 goal scorer for 5 mil a season.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I´m not so sure who benefits more Larkin or Bert but I´m sure that they´re both real good players. They are our Bergeron/Marchand type of players and we will need them. Bert for 8 years at $6-6.5m would be great if he wants more shorten the term

Edited by ely s

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gritty top 6 forward who just potted 30 goals while playing in only 68 games. Yup. Overrated.

Im not saying Bert is a bad player but I dont see him as a piece to the puzzle 5yrs from now. Hes replaceable and will be moved the first opportunity SY gets. A lot of fans think he is irreplaceable/unmovable which imo is overrating him.

24 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Im not saying Bert is a bad player but I dont see him as a piece to the puzzle 5yrs from now. Hes replaceable and will be moved the first opportunity SY gets. A lot of fans think he is irreplaceable/unmovable which imo is overrating him.

I agree with you.

26 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

I'm not sure too many folks think he's "unmovable/irreplaceable". I certainly don't and have advocated trading him elsewhere (for the right return). BUT, I think there are some reasons to keep the guy too. First, he's a pretty good player. Second, he's well liked and well regarded by his teammates. Third, he sets the tone (particularly in terms of competitiveness and effort) that young players should model. Finally, no team wins the Stanley Cup with a roster full of 25 year olds. You need veterans, especially good veterans, to carry those young guys on the ice. Would you rather have 32 year old Tyler Bertuzzi doing that (and Larkin and Vrana too) or would you rather it be guys like Marc Staal and Sam Gagner? No disrespect to the latter, but I'd prefer the former.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sure too many folks think he's "unmovable/irreplaceable". I certainly don't and have advocated trading him elsewhere (for the right return). BUT, I think there are some reasons to keep the guy too. First, he's a pretty good player. Second, he's well liked and well regarded by his teammates. Third, he sets the tone (particularly in terms of competitiveness and effort) that young players should model. Finally, no team wins the Stanley Cup with a roster full of 25 year olds. You need veterans, especially good veterans, to carry those young guys on the ice. Would you rather have 32 year old Tyler Bertuzzi doing that (and Larkin and Vrana too) or would you rather it be guys like Marc Staal and Sam Gagner? No disrespect to the latter, but I'd prefer the former.

I guess you dont frequent any other social media? Alot of people on other platforms think hes the best player on the team and irreplaceable which couldnt be further from the truth.

Im not saying get rid of all our 25+yo players Id keep both Larkin and Vrana and Im not saying trade Bert because hes a 25+yo. I want to trade him bc his value will never be higher and I dont see his style of play aging well into his 30s when well need him to be productive.

I think Yzerman needs to sign Bertuzzi at this point in the rebuild.  That doesn't make him untradeable in the future, not in the least.  See how Yzerman dealt Mantha a year ago, and overall, we're probably pretty pleased with the return on that deal so far.  There is room under the cap now, sign an impact FA or two, keep drafting well, make some trades here and there when the pieces fit your purpose, and see what the next HC and his staff can do to get the team closer to the playoffs.  If he stays healthy, and the Canadian restrictions on his travel go away soon, he will have trade value for the next few seasons, at the very least.  No need to trade him now.  JMHO.

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-reprezentace-ms-v-hokeji-2022/414146/simon-necekane-odjel-z-ms-duvod-pry-citlivy-mluvi-se-o-incidentu.html?fbclid=IwAR1qhXboLWFWt_2tBN0u6S_E_tdr-R85fOSM0Vbp-p9hCPf2pC7OgdKJnNE

Hronek and teammate Dominik Simon got into a physical altercation before the Czech v Austria game. Simon is now exiting the team citing personal reasons.

DeAngelo v Georgiev 2: Czech Boogaloo

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-reprezentace-ms-v-hokeji-2022/414146/simon-necekane-odjel-z-ms-duvod-pry-citlivy-mluvi-se-o-incidentu.html?fbclid=IwAR1qhXboLWFWt_2tBN0u6S_E_tdr-R85fOSM0Vbp-p9hCPf2pC7OgdKJnNE

Hronek and teammate Dominik Simon got into a physical altercation before the Czech v Austria game. Simon is now exiting the team citing personal reasons.

DeAngelo v Georgiev 2: Czech Boogaloo

Hronek punked him and it got ugly

On 5/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, Chuck Murray said:

I think Yzerman needs to sign Bertuzzi at this point in the rebuild.  That doesn't make him untradeable in the future, not in the least.  See how Yzerman dealt Mantha a year ago, and overall, we're probably pretty pleased with the return on that deal so far.  There is room under the cap now, sign an impact FA or two, keep drafting well, make some trades here and there when the pieces fit your purpose, and see what the next HC and his staff can do to get the team closer to the playoffs.  If he stays healthy, and the Canadian restrictions on his travel go away soon, he will have trade value for the next few seasons, at the very least.  No need to trade him now.  JMHO.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at.

To DET: 1st (ASP) + 2nd (Cleveland) + 5th (Bicker)

TO VAN: Hronek + 4th (Mueller)

*Detroit traded down with NSH on the 2nd rounder from VAN to add the 5th for Bicker

Hronek is now nearly a PPG Dman with VAN. Would have been a major asset for us this year, even if he achieved less paired with Chia/Maata/Ghost. But then ASP is looking like one of the better OFD to emerge out of Sweden in a while.

On the secondaries: Cleveland is a giant violent Dman, but has pretty much zero offensive upside. Looking at best probably a bottom pair Dman here. Bicker has been good during international play, but ultimately looks like a long shot forward prospect. Ty Mueller for the Nucks has been a great college player, but probably doesn't end up more than a depth player if he makes the NHL.

This may be one of the most fair and even trades of all time. But it's kind of sad knowing Hughes-Hronek is a pairing that probably should have been a pairing for the Red Wings. But we got Zadina and ASP instead. Here's to hoping ASP is the real deal...