• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Dominik Kubalik $2.5 x 2

Rate this topic

Just now, LeftWinger said:

He's definitely on watch! I kinda hope that a team offer-sheets Zadina with a $4.5M contract. A 1st and a 3rd would be well worth the loss.

Don't hold your breath. The rest of the league knows he sucks too. At this point you'd be more likely to get the 3rd than the 1st.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Don't hold your breath. The rest of the league knows he sucks too. At this point you'd be more likely to get the 3rd than the 1st.

I just hope Yzerman doesn't sign him to $4M. No thanks!

also, with all the forwards being signed and Berggren vying for a spot, thankfully it looks like the G. Smith experiment is over.

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I just hope Yzerman doesn't sign him to $4M. No thanks!

also, with all the forwards being signed and Berggren vying for a spot, thankfully it looks like the G. Smith experiment is over.

I'm actually fine with Smith being a 13th or 14th forward. I just don't want to see him playing too many games or too many minutes. But a tough guy who can take a few 4th line shifts now and again (and not get completely overwhelmed) is fine by me. I'd rather him be in the press box than someone who's actually good.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm actually fine with Smith being a 13th or 14th forward. I just don't want to see him playing too many games or too many minutes. But a tough guy who can take a few 4th line shifts now and again (and not get completely overwhelmed) is fine by me. I'd rather him be in the press box than someone who's actually good.

I'd honestly rather re-sign Gagner to be the 13th/14th guy than have Smith, I was never a fan.

On 7/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, redw1ngs said:

Racist?

No, not at all. I just prefer players that are better than others. If you could provide me data showing that this team would be better with Smith over Gagner, then I'd maybe change my mind. 

Edited by LeftWinger

On 7/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, LeftWinger said:

I'd honestly rather re-sign Gagner to be the 13th/14th guy than have Smith, I was never a fan.

Smith punches people in the face though.  That alone is unique in today's NHL, plus he has more upside.  Gagner is old.  

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Smith punches people in the face though.  That alone is unique in today's NHL, plus he has more upside.  Gagner is old.  

He doesnt punch ppl nearly enough to make him worth while

But yeah gagner sucks and should be ignored

Kirill blew his shoulder out and has been rehabbing for a year. I'm actually pretty excited to see if he can gain a little traction in the AHL now that he's healthy. He's a really weird player to watch with his herky jerky playing style.

As it sits now, assuming Zadina gets re-signed and Veleno has a spot, there 14 forwards, guessing that Smith and Erne would be 13 and 14. At $2.1M for Erne, that is a pretty expensive press box. Unless Berggren comes in and steals a spot, then that looks like that will be opening night roster, barring trades. Then, when Fabbri comes back, I am assuming that is when Smith will get the waive.